New Magic!

I think their perks would dry up if they were honest, as with most media.

You shouldn't speak on things you know nothing about. You OBVIOUSLY don't listen. They are brutally honest, sometimes to a fault. One thing that they o is call Disney out on things that they deem to be problems.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.

We too are on this 5 night cruise (family w/ 10 of us). My DH and I just returned from a Regent Mediterranean cruise that was soooooooo nice. Now we're counting the days to experience our first Disney cruise but concerned reading about the problems in the cabins after the dry dock. We spent a lot of $$$ for this 3 generation cruise. I sure hope recent Magic other recent cruisers will update us.[/QUOTE
I haven't seen anything negative lately! Looking up!

You shouldn't speak on things you know nothing about. You OBVIOUSLY don't listen. They are brutally honest, sometimes to a fault. One thing that they o is call Disney out on things that they deem to be problems.

I'm surprised they weren't brutally honest about the serious maintenance issues on the Magic, though. Did they mention whether or not their cabin(s) were provided free of charge? I know at least some of the media people on board were comped.

I was on that cruise in concierge level and had no electricity and no hot water, among many other issues, but at the bare minimum, electricity and hot water should be a given.

I'm surprised they weren't brutally honest about the serious maintenance issues on the Magic, though. Did they mention whether or not their cabin(s) were provided free of charge? I know at least some of the media people on board were comped.

I was on that cruise in concierge level and had no electricity and no hot water, among many other issues, but at the bare minimum, electricity and hot water should be a given.

I haven't listened yet.

I haven't listened yet.

I haven't, either, but if they didn't call out serious issues like no electricity and no hot water, then they weren't brutally honest about the cruise. It has become very clear that the media were put into completed rooms, even at the expense of completing concierge-level rooms. That's not surprising, but it is disappointing, both on the part of DCL for not taking care of paying customers and on the part of any media who didn't cover the story of the refurbished Magic in depth.

Because the 1st cruise after the original 2 night cruise doesn't return until tomorrow morning. That's when we will get new reports. I board the ship tomorrow and am hoping for the best. But I will give an honest report. We are onboard for 9 nights.

But you didn't listen.....

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm on 11/10 & as long as toilets flush an no onion sandwiches I'm good :)

According to reports, there were problems with toilets flushing on the 10/25 cruise, but not all toilets had that problem. Ours were dirty, but they flushed.

We board tomorrow as well and I feel confident that we will have a wonderful time.

I'm sure you will! The cruise experience is still wonderful. It's individual cabins that are the problem. We got most, but not all, of the problems resolved (electricity back on, hot water) for our room, and I hope the room stayed good for the next guest.

But you didn't listen.....

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

What? I've listened since 06. I know how they report on things, especially Pete. I made a statement based on my knowledge of the podcast and their lack of it, which it appears that you share with them. I listen all the time, I just haven't heard this particular podcast. They made a broad statement about not being thorough based on perks which is NOT how the Dis has operated up to this point. Also, Pete always acknowledges whether they've received something free and has still taken them to task.

Haven't missed a podcast in over a year. I'm not saying they are biased. It wouldn't be smart to bite the hand that feeds you. I think they intentionally omit some negatives. Most people would in their situation. Not a crime, just a fact. Can anyone have a rational discussion anymore?

anna08 said:
Haven't missed a podcast in over a year. I'm not saying they are biased. It wouldn't be smart to bite the hand that feeds you. I think they intentionally omit some negatives. Most people would in their situation. Not a crime, just a fact. Can anyone have a rational discussion anymore?

I was on the two day cruise and was interviewed on camera by a show (an afternoon talkshow type thing) they had me mic'ed and everything. After my interview was over and they took my mic off and the camera was clearly turned off, the host asked me if I was having any issues with my state room. It was obvious to me they only wanted the segment to be positive even though the host knew people were having issues with their stateroom. During the interview, the host asked me about the new areas which are amazing and my interview reflected that and had he asked me on camera about my stateroom, I would have been honest also.
From my personal experience, I witnessed the media omitting the negative. And for the record, the host had an issue with his room as well. Their phone didn't work and neither did mine.

Not a fact. An opinion.

Not a fact. An opinion.

I've heard the podcast report and I'm disappointed. What they reported about the public areas of the ships was accurate, but they essentially admitted that they'd been asked not to mention the maintenance issues and agreed not to. To me, that's not good journalism. And saying that maintenance issues are to be expected after a dry dock is not a good excuse, especially when just a little bit of reading of their own discussion boards would have made it clear that the maintenance issues were not minor, but were, in some cases, extreme (having a sink fall in and then being charged for repairing it is extreme in my book). I'm sure we'd have heard a different report if any of these issues had happened in any of the podcast teams' cabins, but I guess that's why the media rooms were completed first.

I've heard the podcast report and I'm disappointed. What they reported about the public areas of the ships was accurate, but they essentially admitted that they'd been asked not to mention the maintenance issues and agreed not to. To me, that's not good journalism. And saying that maintenance issues are to be expected after a dry dock is not a good excuse, especially when just a little bit of reading of their own discussion boards would have made it clear that the maintenance issues were not minor, but were, in some cases, extreme (having a sink fall in and then being charged for repairing it is extreme in my book). I'm sure we'd have heard a different report if any of these issues had happened in any of the podcast teams' cabins, but I guess that's why the media rooms were completed first.

As I listened to the Podcast, I kept waiting for them to talk about the maintenance issues. Instead, the emphasis was on the GREAT things accomplished in only 6 weeks. (That was repeated often.) When the maintenance issues (no specifics) were mentioned, it was stressed that DCL maintains their ships better than anyone in the business, and those small (in comparison) problems would soon be fixed.

As I listened to the Podcast, I kept waiting for them to talk about the maintenance issues. Instead, the emphasis was on the GREAT things accomplished in only 6 weeks. (That was repeated often.) When the maintenance issues (no specifics) were mentioned, it was stressed that DCL maintains their ships better than anyone in the business, and those small (in comparison) problems would soon be fixed.

The problems were fixed, in my cabin, at least, but at my expense. I lost time on my cruise discovering the issues, tracking down the people to take care of them, and then waiting for them to be taken care of. Not having seen the ship before the "re-imagining" I can't speak for how "great" the changes are, but I didn't see any issues that needed resolving, like the cabins had.

The problems were fixed, in my cabin, at least, but at my expense. I lost time on my cruise discovering the issues, tracking down the people to take care of them, and then waiting for them to be taken care of. Not having seen the ship before the "re-imagining" I can't speak for how "great" the changes are, but I didn't see any issues that needed resolving, like the cabins had.

I was agreeing with your previous post. The Podcast made light of the problems with the cabins in order to focus on the BIG changes. I was on the Magic's Transatlantic in May, and saw the photos/videos of the changes. A lot was done in only 6 weeks, but the ship clearly wasn't ready to host its paying, non-media passengers. I expected to hear more "rants" on behalf of the people who were inconvenienced by the problems with the cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter