• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scored a Dooney Haunted Mansion bag an hour ago at DD.
We were in Downtown Disney for dinner tonight, I snuck over to the Co-op and found to my surprise they just got a small shipment of them in.
BUT...I was told by the cast member they will NOT be putting them out on display because they sell out too fast, you have to go to the back register and ask for one.
Total price minus DVC discount and shipping home $358[/QUOTE

Congrats!!!

I wonder why they care how fast they sell out. Maybe they are trying to curb the Ebay scalpers? Soon you'll need a secret pass word to purchase one lol!

I'm glad to read about people on the Dis getting them. The ebay stuff drives me nuts because you know people are only buying them to resell.

I was going to buy one of these and flip it on ebay as I'll be there that day, but I don't think it would sell, to be honest.

I scored a Dooney Haunted Mansion bag an hour ago at DD.
We were in Downtown Disney for dinner tonight, I snuck over to the Co-op and found to my surprise they just got a small shipment of them in.
BUT...I was told by the cast member they will NOT be putting them out on display because they sell out too fast, you have to go to the back register and ask for one.
Total price minus DVC discount and shipping home $358

Im going to be there Thursday and hope they have some. Would really like to get one for my girlfriend on our 8 year anniversary!

So guess what! I got my bag from the Ebay seller today and the DB plate on the front is so crooked it would be embarrassing to carry!!! I am so irritated!! What is wrong with DB? I mean really! This is a $358 bag! Plus there is black glue all over the rings on the back. I was able to scrap some off the metal but I should not have to do that.

I pulled out the registration card and there is a card with a name on it. The card says I should reference this name is there are any issues with the bag.

Do you think Dooney would fix this for me? Or should I just return it and forget the bag. So annoyed.

I stopped using ebay years ago. And it has a reputation for counterfeits. From what you are saying the bag very much sounds like a counterfeit in which case Disney nor D&B is going to refund or repair it. You best bet is to file a claim through Paypal pronto and return the item to the seller, report the seller, and get your money back. If you think its genuine, maybe take it to a D&B store and have someone look at it but it screams counterfeit to me.

Went to Downtown Disney and Epcot, none to be found :(. GF is very upset :/..... Not happy with flippers.

I stopped using ebay years ago. And it has a reputation for counterfeits. From what you are saying the bag very much sounds like a counterfeit in which case Disney nor D&B is going to refund or repair it. You best bet is to file a claim through Paypal pronto and return the item to the seller, report the seller, and get your money back. If you think its genuine, maybe take it to a D&B store and have someone look at it but it screams counterfeit to me.

It's not a fake, the seller was not smart and sent the bag in the original Disney box with the order & pick ticket info, I used her order number when I called the Disney store and all checked out. Every thing from the registration card to the inside tags, and the sloppy attention to detail is consistent with Dooney.

I know this bag is popular but Dooney is no LV or even Coach... I can't see any one creating fakes and selling them from the US. Thanks for the info though, I do agree with not buying on eBay but in this case I couldn't help myself!

I think I mentioned it but I have the DVC DB bag too, it also arrived from the Disney store with blue glue all over it. I love my bag collection but I think I'm going to have to take a break from DB, I'm sick of being disappointed with the availability of product and quality...kind of sucks the magic out of it.

I recently picked up the Harvey's seat belt wallet and love it. It's made in the US and they will fix and clean it if you send it back.

A lot of people have been having luck at the Co-Op, finding some every few days or so, at several different times during the day too. I think it makes sense since that's their "testing site" to see how well new merch does, before the make thousands of these things to put out in stores. Personally, I think it would be wise to just put them in store and online for a solid week and judge numbers based on how many sold during that week. Mine's still doing strong- a bit of crusting on the suede but I just need to pick up a suede brush to wipe it off. No white scratches yet- and I take this bag every where with me!

Wish I lived close to Disney - or at least had a trip planned this year :(
I'm tired of stalking the Disney Store website for one of these bags.

Bought one for my DD on Tuesday June 24. They had several of them. I was at the Co-Op.

Laura

JUST BOUGHT ONE ONLINE AT DISNEYSTORE.COM!!!! I REPEAT JUST BOUGHT ONE ONLINE AT DISNEYSTORE.COM!!!!!! I'm so excited I've wanted this bag since it was first announced and now just 13 days (did I mention 13 was my lucky number?) after my birthday I found one online. I also found a little something for my sister but it's not my Mansion Dooney!!! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Update I was able to log back in and order a second one for my sister!!! I'm so excited we're both getting this bag but holy crap I am not looking forward to paying this shipping to Canada and the inevitable GIANT customs fees.

pixiedust: FINALLY GOT ONE!!!! And, I remembered to use the Disney Visa discount and free shipping! Woo-Hoo!!!! pixiedust:

I got one too! Very happy! I've been stalking these for a little bit. With my HM tights I'm gonna be all dressed up! :lmao:

I just ordered on too:cool1:
Is there a code I should have used to get the Disney Visa discount? I was so excited to see it in stock I didn't even think about it. I may email and see if they can apply it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter