New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is that people only bought them to make a profit and stupid people are buying it from them. If the resellers weren't there a real fan would get it. I get it but its just not fair to honest fans, people who would buy and use vs buy and just resell for a profit. Just like the make up compacts for sephora. It's a $30 compact being jacked up to 50 even 100 bucks!! And some idiot is going to buy it and so the circle will continue. I wish Disney would stop the reselling of their items online.

Um...do you not realize that not everybody is in central Florida right now?

I do. I'm not sure what that has to do with it though. There was no way to get it if you weren't in Orlando. I'm don't live in Orlando either, but I knew how limited this first batch was going to be, so I made sure I was there.

I do. I'm not sure what that has to do with it though. There was no way to get it if you weren't in Orlando. I'm don't live in Orlando either, but I knew how limited this first batch was going to be, so I made sure I was there.

That's just irrational. You're implication is that of you really wanted the bag but lived, say in Chicago, you should get a plane ticket to get to Orlando and buy it? No it is what it is. You you can't get, it you can't get it. Such is life but this again shows how many Disney fans are only about the instant satisfaction and the "gimmes". If they want fair then it should have been released October online and in stores. 1 per household while supplies lasted.

And the fact is that people only bought them to make a profit and stupid people are buying it not realizing that if they didn't then a real fan would get it. I get it but its just not fair to honest fans, people who would buy and use vs buy and just resell for a profit. Just like the make up compacts for sephora. It's a $30 compact being jacked up to 50 even 100 bucks!! And some idiot is going to buy it and so the circle will continue.

I'm not trying to cause a whole thing here, but there are plenty of "real" fans who couldn't be there so they're happy to get it even if it means paying more. No one is making anyone buy them. It's a very simple case of supply and demand.

That's just irrational. You're implication is that of you really wanted the bag but lived, say in Chicago, you should get a plane ticket to get to Orlando and buy it? No it is what it is. You you can't get, it you can't get it. Such is life but this again shows how many Disney fans are only about the instant satisfaction and the "gimmes". If they want fair then it should have been released October online and in stores. 1 per household while supplies lasted.

Ok. Rational is no where here. Sad to see The Dis hasn't changed at all.
I'm out.

I'm not trying to cause a whole thing here, but there are plenty of "real" fans who couldn't be there so they're happy to get it even if it means paying more. No one is making anyone buy them. It's a very simple case of supply and demand.

My point is that they shouldn't have to pay more.

I guess I don't get why people are upset that they're being sold on eBay. I know I got up at 3:30 am, left my house by 4:30 am and was on property by 6:30 am to get my bag. Everyone knew these were in short supply. Totally "the early bird gets the worm" thing here.

My issue with them being sold on eBay for significantly more than the msrp is that most of the bags are probably fakes. I'm sure some of them are authentic, but as usual with eBay most of them are likely cheap knock offs and I really hate to see people be scammed. There is almost nothing anyone can do if they're sold a fake bag on eBay.

Well, they don't have to pay more. ;) They can choose not to or wait for it to be available online later in the fall since it's supposed to be released then. Judging by the reaction, Disney/Dooney would be crazy not to take advantage of the interest.

My guess is the initial release was supposed to be one of those "cool perks" first available to park/resort guests. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for pixie dust that those of us out in the hinterlands get a chance to purchase one and that they might add even more pieces. pixiedust: :grouphug:

To be fair, nobody has to pay more. People are choosing to purchase it from ebay sellers. The day it came out there was an auction and it was over $500. The winner didn't have to pay that but clearly they thought the bag was worth it to them.

A true Disney fan, I hope, would not give a profiteer reselling the Haunted Mansion D&B the satisfaction by purchasing one. The only way to stop people from doing this is to stop purchasing them like this. I would love to have one of these bags as much as possibly someone else, but I don't have the means on a whim to hop a plane for $300 RT for a purse with 1-2 weeks notice. I can only hope on my trip in November there may be new shipments available so my mom & I can get one. I think Disney & Dooney will see the popularity and focus on this style. To say the least this is the best looking Disney D& B out there. I personally don't care for any of the other styles and sizes they've put out so far. :banana:

To be fair, nobody has to pay more. People are choosing to purchase it from ebay sellers. The day it came out there was an auction and it was over $500. The winner didn't have to pay that but clearly they thought the bag was worth it to them.

I know I said I was out, but this is exactly how I feel too.
The counterfeit bags are a whole different story. I doubt the knock off would be available so soon though.

There's no way the bags on Ebay are fakes, this is Dooney..be it Disney Dooney but it's still Dooney. Not LV or Chanel, I can't see anyone trying that hard replicate a Dooney. Plus, Ebay is pretty strict with the fakes.

Since this bag was released I have been obsessing over the availability and if I'll be able to own one, which totally sucked the fun out of this release for me. I even briefly considered buying one for over retail on Ebay. Then I came to my senses and realized I was being stupid. First off, I own several Disney Dooney's but I rarely carry them as I am a semi-closet Disney fan and I think I like looking at them more than using them. So, as of right now I am ok if I don't own one of these. I will buy one if they come up on .com or in Feb when I'm there...if not I'll buy a bag I'll actually use when I get home.

Oh my gosh, it's a purse... There is no *right* to it and no crazy code to live by to get it.

You had to be local, vacationing during the time, or make the trek, wait, and hope. OR you can pay extra to not do that.

Or I suppose you could do neither and just complain. But noone would ever do that. Sigh.

My issue with them being sold on eBay for significantly more than the msrp is that most of the bags are probably fakes. I'm sure some of them are authentic, but as usual with eBay most of them are likely cheap knock offs and I really hate to see people be scammed. There is almost nothing anyone can do if they're sold a fake bag on eBay.

They aren't fakes. They demand for these bags is nowhere near the level that would cause people to start making knockoffs.

They aren't fakes. They demand for these bags is nowhere near the level that would cause people to start making knockoffs.

The fact that they sold out in minutes and that people are bickering over it says there is a high demand. There is no way for anyone to know whether they are real or fakes, and I would never ever risk it on eBay for more than the bag actually costs retail. There are lots of fake bags floating around on eBay, they don't have to be Gucci or Chanel. There are a ton of fake coaches and they aren't even very expensive.

Anyway, like pp said, it's just a purse. More will be available later (maybe even in other styles.) I'll wait until there is enough stock to go around, I'm betting there will be just like all the other disney dooneys.

The fact that they sold out in minutes and that people are bickering over it says there is a high demand. There is no way for anyone to know whether they are real or fakes, and I would never ever risk it on eBay for more than the bag actually costs retail. There are lots of fake bags floating around on eBay, they don't have to be Gucci or Chanel. There are a ton of fake coaches and they aren't even very expensive.

Anyway, like pp said, it's just a purse. More will be available later (maybe even in other styles.) I'll wait until there is enough stock to go around, I'm betting there will be just like all the other disney dooneys.

The demand only seems high because they had so few bags.

The demand only seems high because they had so few bags.

I'm looking for some advice. My parents brought me home the HM bag and a sketch bag and told me I have to pick. I have always wanted the sketch bag, but HM bag is nice in a subtle way, but maybe to subtle after having looked at it. Which would you pick?

I'm looking for some advice. My parents brought me home the HM bag and a sketch bag and told me I have to pick. I have always wanted the sketch bag, but HM bag is nice in a subtle way, but maybe to subtle after having looked at it. Which would you pick?

What is happening to the other bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter