• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New free dining offer yeaaah

I erased my cookies and now it doesn't show up anymore. I did see the CA but also saw the US, so I was going with that. DOH! :headache:

Thank you all SO much for not jumping down my throat about it. We are going in Dec of this year but I was SO hoping for those of you who wanted to book next late summer/fall.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. :guilty::guilty::guilty:

Well, I did it!!!! We are now staying at CBR!!!!!!!:goodvibes We are staying in a pirate room! My kids are happy! Also we will have a HéC room for our daughter, this is a plus. :thumbsup2 We were planning on BC CL with QS plan but BC did not have a HC room, which would have been difficult for her and us. So, we decided to stay at CBR with FD!!!!! This saved us another $1700!!!!:banana: Even with a pin discount at BC so we are happy! FD will help us purchase airfare!:banana: Now to decide where to dine with out TS meals! Also we are staying for 9 days now with FD!!!!!!!:banana::santa:

I guess I am confused. I haven't read every single post from today but when I searched disney world in google. Clicked it, clicked special offers I find the free dining. In fact it also says on the page a spot for Florida residents. So I assume I am on the US site. I called later today with a question about my reservation I booked this morning and the lady went over all of my details and never once mentioned I living in the US as a problem.

I guess I am confused. I haven't read every single post from today but when I searched disney world in google. Clicked it, clicked special offers I find the free dining. In fact it also says on the page a spot for Florida residents. So I assume I am on the US site. I called later today with a question about my reservation I booked this morning and the lady went over all of my details and never once mentioned I living in the US as a problem.

What dates did you book for?

I called today, and they do have free dining. The system is down, so they are going to call me back and let me know if there is availability for our dates.

Between not getting the military discount, and maybe not getting the free dining, my dh thinks we should cancel the cabins and stay at Shades of Green instead. Maybe he's right...

What are your booking dates?

I erased my cookies and now it doesn't show up anymore. I did see the CA but also saw the US, so I was going with that. DOH! :headache:

Thank you all SO much for not jumping down my throat about it. We are going in Dec of this year but I was SO hoping for those of you who wanted to book next late summer/fall.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. :guilty::guilty::guilty:

Don't worry. We'll still be able to book in May for Aug/Sept 2012. :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Okay thank you it is for 2011. I just started reading about people not getting it or needing the passport and started to worry. Now on to stress about airfare!

Ok, so I think I am so smart. Had the trip booked for Dec 18-25 at POFQ, all excited when free dining comes out. Ouch, the promo ends on the 17th, Ok, talk to DH and we decide that we can switch our reservation to the 17th and my dh who flies all the time, says no big deal, it will cost us $300 to switch our flights. So, with adding extra night and park hoppers we are up $1000 before the air. SURPRISE, the air is going to cost $1200. :eek:
So, I call CRO and see if maybe there is a pin that I can apply so I can feel like we are getting some kind of bargain. I tell the CM the story and she said that only one of us has to check in on the 17th to get the free dining. Wow! I can do that. Our kids are adults so having two parents to travel with is a non issue. My question is: Is it true? Can I fly down the night before and check in and get the free dining for all of us? That still gives us a net savings of $700. I can live with that, plus more food, since the rest of the family won't be in until after 12 on Sunday and I won't go until Sat. night. I guess what irks me and it is no ones fault, is that I may miss savings by 10 hours.

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks to all who have made this board so informative!

Ok, so I think I am so smart. Had the trip booked for Dec 18-25 at POFQ, all excited when free dining comes out. Ouch, the promo ends on the 17th, Ok, talk to DH and we decide that we can switch our reservation to the 17th and my dh who flies all the time, says no big deal, it will cost us $300 to switch our flights. So, with adding extra night and park hoppers we are up $1000 before the air. SURPRISE, the air is going to cost $1200. :eek:
So, I call CRO and see if maybe there is a pin that I can apply so I can feel like we are getting some kind of bargain. I tell the CM the story and she said that only one of us has to check in on the 17th to get the free dining. Wow! I can do that. Our kids are adults so having two parents to travel with is a non issue. My question is: Is it true? Can I fly down the night before and check in and get the free dining for all of us? That still gives us a net savings of $700. I can live with that, plus more food, since the rest of the family won't be in until after 12 on Sunday and I won't go until Sat. night. I guess what irks me and it is no ones fault, is that I may miss savings by 10 hours.

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks to all who have made this board so informative!

Yes. You can As faras Disney knows, you're all there. They don't require every member to be at the desk. ;)

So, our dates are available. Right now it looks like we will be doing the 22nd-26 room only. We will get a 4 day military ticket for those dates. Then, we will have the 27th-Dec 5 with free dining and 6 day tickets. Does that sound reasonable?

Here's my August 3rd story. I got up this morning in anticipation of the FD offer. I called right @ 7 a.m. I figured by calling @ 7 I would be fine to get to work by 9 a.m. By 8:30 a.m. I'm still on hold and I'm starting to think that I will have to end this call. By this time I'm reading on Dis and on mousavers, that my week is actually blacked out - we are booked for Oct 22-29 and I was planning on doing a room only for Oct. 22. I decided to start "chatting" with someone at Disney and she confirmed to me that my week was blacked out. After this, I decided to end my call and head off to work :sad2:

Mid-morning I decided I was going to check the Disney site to see if the FD had been added to the site (I knew I didn't have time to read 20+ pages on DIS). To my surprise I see that Oct. 23 is included, so I decided to call, and got through in about 10 minutes. I was able to change my package from 7 days to 6 days (and get free dining) and booked a 1 day room only package. In all we have save about $900 and will pay for meals OOP for the first day. We will also pick up our tickets 1 day early based on the information provided on this site.

I'm really excited that we were able to get FD for most of our vacation party:

I just wanted to take a moment to pat the OP on the back for his stunning tip. Nice job!!:thumbsup2

I nominate you Dis'er of the month!
:cheer2:

So, our dates are available. Right now it looks like we will be doing the 22nd-26 room only. We will get a 4 day military ticket for those dates. Then, we will have the 27th-Dec 5 with free dining and 6 day tickets. Does that sound reasonable?

I've been reading you can pick up tickets up to 3 days before your package begins (please verify that with Disney, though, because there are conflicting reports). Would it be cheaper to add 3 days of tickets (for a total of 9 days) to your free dining package? I know you said you were getting a 4 day ticket, but since you can only get them 3 days early - maybe go to a waterpark or putt-putt one day instead of park? Just a thought.

Thanks for the heads up, danny25! I was on hold for more than 2 hours :scared1: but was able to get free dining for our Poly stay in late November/early December. Not too bad!

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Danny 25 for giving us the heads up on this info.:lovestruc It saved our vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter