New free dining offer yeaaah

Just got off the phone (whoo hoo! Only about 15 minutes on hold!!!). Booked our stay. We've added a room only for 2 nights before the FD kicks in. I bought tix for the whole time, and the CM said we couldn't use them until the package check in date.

I know I've heard differently, but can someone reassure me?

Riverside. Ugh, now I have to call back.

So a mod?

Yup, should have been more provided you had dining on your package, before.

You had tickets, right? Nothing else changed (room category, length of stay, etc)?

Definitely worth a call back.

Edit: One thing to note, though. The price for the ddp is usually 45.99..unless it's during the "premium" time frame. Your stay isn't during that time frame....so make sure you use the right figure to calculate your savings.

When I broke my first night off as room only, my CM made a point of telling me (unprompted) that I won't have access to my package tickets on the 10th. I just said OK,whatever.......... I know I have my info from Cheshire Figment printed out and ready to go. Since I KNOW we don't have access to the dining plan, I plan on going to the MK that night to see Wishes! :rotfl2:

interesting, we are counting on using our tickets a day early, will call back later to check if policy changed :confused3

Wait, now I am confused. If the dining plan would be 47.99 per day per adult and there are two of us and we are traveling 10/7-10/15, shouldn't our savings be way more than 292.80? Like around 767.84? What am I not understanding?

Were you booked with another offer (AAA, Bounceback, etc) that was removed when the free dining was applied? Did you have to bump up to a more expensive room type to get the FD offer?

After 3 hours on hold, i hung up! It's the TA line, so i'm sure lots of people are getting great deals! I just really want to change my own vacation! We are now going to go in February for DHs bday and Valentines day! If i can ever get through.. sigh.

Has anyone checked - I think my ticket price went up to the new rate when the free dining was added. The price seems off somehow and that is all I can figure. Anyone have a link to what the ticket price was before this latest round of increases? We have an 8-day base ticket.

I know they didn't do that with my mom's ressie.

Did you have to change your dates? Anything that would have forced them to rebook the tickets?

For the heads up -- and all the fun reading the posts for the last several days! :thumbsup2 My family saved $1300, and I got the thrill of being in on the excitment.

BTW - the 407-939-7532 number posted earlier -- Magic! Less than 5 minutes on hold. My main line had already been holding for 40 minutes on the 7675 number.

Judy

interesting, we are counting on using our tickets a day early, will call back later to check if policy changed :confused3

If it changed, Cheshire Figment would have posted about it and updated his sticky. He's a ticketing CM with the patience of a saint when it comes to keeping the DIS apprised of changes in ticketing policies, and was way ahead of Mousesavers and other sources in letting us know about the recent change to upgrade rules.

Remember CRO are call center employees, many outside of FL and some of whom have never even been to WDW. They're there to book packages and dining for you and aren't always the most well-informed when it comes to other aspects of Disney travel. In most cases, if there is a conflict of information between reputable and long-time DISers (or even just the DIS consensus) and something a phone CM said, the DIS will be right and the CM wrong.

I know they didn't do that with my mom's ressie.

Did you have to change your dates? Anything that would have forced them to rebook the tickets?

No. Only applied the free dining pin. Its booked through my travel agent and she only applied the code - I checked with her to make sure. I just can't seem to get the numbers to jive. How can I find out what the ticket prices used to be, as compared to booking now?

I hate that Disney doesn't break down the reservations prices - just one big lump sum. I don't think they want you to know what you are actually paying for :headache:

Hi everyone, I had been waiting on hold for 2hr and 3 mins and then got disconected so I tried the alt # and got through in 3 mins. If you are still waiting you should try this number!!!!

407-939-7532

I saved $1379.70 on our Nov 16-26 trip to POFQ Yeah!!!!!

Wasn't able to take advantage of FD. We had ressies for 10/22-10/29 with airfare bought along with MNSSHP tickets bought. We couldnt change our plans without it really costing us so we will be there and paying full rack rate. But at least we will be at WDW. Glad others were able to use discount

thanks again danny...checking out the WDW special deal - very fitting the page features timon :thumbsup2

No. Only applied the free dining pin. Its booked through my travel agent and she only applied the code - I checked with her to make sure. I just can't seem to get the numbers to jive. How can I find out what the ticket prices used to be, as compared to booking now?

I hate that Disney doesn't break down the reservations prices - just one big lump sum. I don't think they want you to know what you are actually paying for :headache:

There's this site..though I don't see 8 day ticket prices:
http://www.plan-a-magical-vacation.com/2010-disney-ticket-prices.html

and this one (which doesn't look like it shows the recent increase):
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/tickets/disney-ticket-prices.cfm

Maybe that will help?

I'm so confused....:confused3
my TA said she didn't think FD would apply because we are staying at the campground...:confused3
I'm getting what people are saying about using a TA it's stressing me to have to leave it all in her hands....:headache:

Finally got ours changed. We moved our check-in date from Dec. 4th to the 3rd and got Free Dining for the whole week, even though the CM at first told me I couldn't do that because that week is blacked out. I insisted that he try anyway (because I knew he was wrong) and he apologized. Anyway, I was able to add my little sister and add an extra night to our package and STILL came out $300 less than our original package price!

called 407 WDISNEY starting at 8:35....finally got thru at 11:15! BUT....I GOT MY FREE DINING:woohoo::yay::banana::cool1:
I was already booked with a PIN for 40% off value/45% off moderate and delux.....the FD saved me another $527.79 for 6 people in 2 rooms at POP!!!:worship::cloud9::dance3:

Did anyone else notice the error on the dates both on the Disney website on here on disboards?( Don't know if it's also off on Mousesavers as well)

On one part of the Disney World site it says discount (free DDP) is valid for stays most nights :
2011...10/2 to 10/6, 10/23 to 11/5, 11/13 to 11/18, 11/27 to 12/3, and 12/111 to 12/17.

However, a little bit farther down the screen it says
"Offer valid for arrival most nights"
2011...10/2 to 10/8, 10/23 to 11/5, 11/13 to 11/19, 11/27 to 12/3, and 12/11 to 12/17

I only noticed because earlier today I booked a trip from 10/8 to 10/18 and got the free QSDP. So it appears that the first listed dates are wrong on the second ones are right. Basically it adds in arrivals 10/7, 10/8, and 11/19.

I had printed out the info from disboards for my DSis to give to her DSinLaw and noticed the 10/6 date. I was momentarily worried since my trip starts on 10/8, but I have a booking with a confirmation so I am fine.

Oh my goodness, I still have not been able to change my reservations! I've been trying since 7! Was on hold for 2 hours and got disconnected and now cant get through!! My head hurts and neck hurts (from holding the phone), ugh, yall send some pixie dust my way, I need it! Just gotta keep remembering, I'm saving $800!!

Were you booked with another offer (AAA, Bounceback, etc) that was removed when the free dining was applied? Did you have to bump up to a more expensive room type to get the FD offer?

My original ressie was booked 7/21 thru the Disney website. No PIN number or any discounts. If the CM changed anything on my ressie this morning other than adding free dining, she did not tell me. When I look at my original invoice my total was 2682.82. If I go thru the booking process online now just to see what my total would be booking free dining today, the total is 2239.78. That only saves 443.04. If dining is 47.99 per adult per day and there are two of us, the total for dining would be 767.84. So why is the savings only showing as 443.04 and why am I only getting 292.80 back? So confused!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter