• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New free dining offer yeaaah

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer but all of you that booked... are you nervous that is won't "stick" since you got it before it was really meant to come out? I hope it does but I'm too nervous to call, I'd just end up calling again in the am to be sure it was still there:rotfl:

Danny,

Do you recommend trying to call and modify if I have an existing reservation or just making a new reservation on the website and then canceling the old one?

Also, can I call the Disney Destinations number I originally called to make the ressie or do I need to call the general Disney number?

Thanks again!

Thank you danny25. If I can modify my reservation tomorrow, this will mean a savings of aprox. $900 - we will have to pay for our meals for 1 day in order to get FD for 6 days, but this will be well worth it. Thanks again :thumbsup2
You are welcome, sure you will change your reservation tomorrow morning with any problem, have a Magical vacation :wizard:

I did have a cm book the FD for me, she kept saying where did you get this code and I said umm the internet? :rolleyes: (there is no hope for my blonde tendencies) ANYWAYS I will probably still call in the morning just to double check because i'm nervous it will suddenly disappear, especially since they "changed codes".. well guess i'll be up with the rest of ya'll in the am on the phone to Disney

okay so I'm on hold to give this a shot and the cm is super nice :thumbsup2
which is always a plus.. but she keeps saying there are "some" offers out there but probably not what your wanting, so why don't you call back in the next day or so and we might have something new..

I JUST BOOKED THE FREE DINING USING THE CODE D3X !!

Do you mind sharing your travel dates?

I called and was told there is no FD code "today". The CMs responses gave me hope for tomorrow though. So I'll be up and at 'em early in the morning.

Danny,

Do you recommend trying to call and modify if I have an existing reservation or just making a new reservation on the website and then canceling the old one?

Also, can I call the Disney Destinations number I originally called to make the ressie or do I need to call the general Disney number?

Thanks again!

Try to modify your existing reservation if you find availability for your new dates, the website will be very slow tomorrow, you can call either number to modify your reservation, relax you will have a Magical vacation and with FREE DINING :wizard:

<sigh> I just called again. Gave the CM the D3X code. He tried and said nothing came up. He then asked what the code was for- I told him free dining. He said ooh wait- you must mean X3D for Aug- Sept dates. I said no this would be a new offer & he wanted to know where I got that code. Told him the Disboards. He suggested I call back tomorrow and ask of a new free dining offer might be available. He wouldn't say what code I should use- just said to ask to have the new free dining applied to our ressies.
Guess I'll get up early with the rest!

I did have a cm book the FD for me, she kept saying where did you get this code and I said umm the internet? :rolleyes: (there is no hope for my blonde tendencies) ANYWAYS I will probably still call in the morning just to double check because i'm nervous it will suddenly disappear, especially since they "changed codes".. well guess i'll be up with the rest of ya'll in the am on the phone to Disney

Relax tomorrow the FD will be and no will disappear, go to bed and dream with my friend Mickey Mouse and when you awake the FD will be there for you, have a Magical vacation:wizard:

I really want free dining... mostly because I like free... But the military rate, tickets and just paying for the plan is cheaper. :( BOO!

Just tried to book it and was told it was not in the system but they did ask where I got the code from and I said that a friend e-mailed it to me. I will try again in the morning.

Relax tomorrow the FD will be and no will disappear, go to bed and dream with my friend Mickey Mouse and when you awake the FD will be there for you, have a Magical vacation:wizard:

Danny, do you know if FD will apply to the Treehouse Villas?

I have been informed that after the leak of the codes for this offer they have been changed to prevent early bookings, at this moment the original codes that I have posted have been changed but the FD offer conditions and the time frames are the same that i have posted 4 days ago in the first post of this thread, only call tomorrow morning and say that you want the FD and at add it to your existing reservation or make a new one at the Disney site (you will see the link under special offers) using this offer but I repeat the time frames and the conditions are the same, thank you :goodvibes

Thanks for the information.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer but all of you that booked... are you nervous that is won't "stick" since you got it before it was really meant to come out? I hope it does but I'm too nervous to call, I'd just end up calling again in the am to be sure it was still there:rotfl:
I have added a FD code to an existing reservation at least 6 times in the last 6 years and have never had an issue.

Danny,

Thanks again!
There is no way you should go to that trouble! Just add the discount tomorrow :-)

Princess Tiffany, I just meant for those that got a CM to apply it to ther ressie today when the offer doesn't really come out until tomorrow. Like would someone look at it and say "oops, booked to early, not valid". I'm sure it's fine I'm just always nervous. I'll be up at the crack of dawn waiting to call in:goodvibes

So I called again. This time I had the code ready. "D3X" I said with confidence. :cool1: And the friendly, wonderful, caring CM said to me, "my system just locked up, hang on a second, it's broke, you're going to have to hang up and call back":sad1: Did I mention that I sat in line for 2.5 hours today to give blood? So while I had him on the phone, he confirmed there were codes coming out tomorrow, and they would be loaded into the system tonight, and be active tomorrow. :banana: I need a wake up call at 0555 CDT for Wednesday. Any takers?:hourglass

So what are all you people still doing up? You have DIALING to do EARLY in the AM!!! :dance3:

I called tonight just because I hadn't called yet to see if I happened to have any PIN codes. Being self-appointed president of the no-PIN club, I knew the answer, but wanted to do my due diligence. Since I expect my check in date to be blacked out, a PIN code would help. Heck, I'd even take a % off the first night since it appears I'll be doing room-only 12/10 then a package starting 12/11. So along with no PIN code, she couldn't give me any info on the FD. Doesn't hurt to drive them nuts...... I mean to ask a simple question, right?

The funny part is that the CM told me their lines open at 7, but for room only. They don't start booking packages until 9:30. Now THERE's a new one. Sorry, I'll be on the phone before 7.

Sweet dreams everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter