• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New free dining offer yeaaah

Dear Dissers the time frames dates of the FD new offer that I have post in the post number 1 of this thread are correct, and will be the only days of FD for the rest of 2011, You must check in one of those time frames to get the FD, and you must stay at least 3 nigths with at least 2 days tickets. Sorry if your vacation don't start in the rigth day but there will be no change of the blackout dates, this is ready to be released and there is no time to make modifications, only wait and you will see. thanks for your time :goodvibes

Question for the experts out there. I already have a reservation for POR November 27th thru December 3rd including tickets and dining for $ 2102.81. If the code does come out can I call and have that added to my reservation? I had originally booked a room only with a discount code and then upgraded. Was not sure if would still be able to get the free dining.

Thanks in advance for the information.

yes you will pay rack rate for your room and will get the DDP FOR FREE, ok.
Have a magical vacation :wizard:

I would have thought by the way Disney was talking about cutting back on discounts that Free Dining would have not been offered anymore this year. I guess with the economy steering near a double dip recession they may have some crow to eat on that one.:thumbsup2

can you tell me if I book a suite at asmu and fd becomes available do I get the table service dining plan because I have a suite or do I only get the quick service one? Also if I only get quick service will I be able to upgrade to table service? Thanks for your help:confused3

Question for the experts out there. I already have a reservation for POR November 27th thru December 3rd including tickets and dining for $ 2102.81. If the code does come out can I call and have that added to my reservation? I had originally booked a room only with a discount code and then upgraded. Was not sure if would still be able to get the free dining.

Thanks in advance for the information.
Please read Post #666.

can you tell me if I book a suite at asmu and fd becomes available do I get the table service dining plan because I have a suite or do I only get the quick service one? Also if I only get quick service will I be able to upgrade to table service? Thanks for your help:confused3
The All-Star Suites are part of a Value Resort and therefore, under a FD promo, they are given the Quick Service Dining. Please see post #666 for all other FD Facts and Guidelines, including the cost to upgrade.

I would have thought by the way Disney was talking about cutting back on discounts that Free Dining would have not been offered anymore this year. I guess with the economy steering near a double dip recession they may have some crow to eat on that one.:thumbsup2
Yes, all that talk of "cutting back discounts" hasn't really panned out for WDW has it?

Personally, the discounts are what keep people like us coming back. I've paid for a WDW vacation with no discounts, or not very good ones, but once I got the FD, that's it! Won't go without it now!pirate:

I have an existing reservation for 10/7-10/11 booked through AAA. So am I reading this correctly, I can get the free dining pin code added to my existing reservation? This would be great if it works with my reservation :)

It is my understanding that you will not be able to apply the AAA discount and the FD dining discount, but I could be wrong.

Hi i was wondering if anybody thinks BLT will be one of the resorts with free dining rooms? I was online and they don't seem to have many rooms available but i'm already booked with them during the free dining period

The MK Resorts tend to book up early due to MNSSHP, the Epcot due to F&W and Conventions, I would be leary of much being included for any promo in the Deluxe catagory other than the most expensive room CL etc.

My dates are actually the 15th through the 23rd, so I'm the weekend after Columbus day. But that being said...people from Columbus day could still be there. I think the biggest thing that week is the conventions at the boardwalk area and it seems to be a time for schools to be off as well.

Oh well...we're going no matter what and I already a have a few dining times reserved. Something would be nice though (although I would MUCH rather have a room discount!) Good luck to your parents!

You have Columbus Day , large conventions such as Gartner , F&W and influx of Brializian Tour Groups that week, the week of October 12th ("Dia da Criança", many schools have no classes during this week).

I have an existing reservation for 10/7-10/11 booked through AAA. So am I reading this correctly, I can get the free dining pin code added to my existing reservation? This would be great if it works with my reservation :)

Yes, you AAA agent will be able to add the code when it is released. You will lose the AAA room discount, because you can't stack discounts in the WDW reservations system, but really, the FD offer should save you a lot more money than a AAA room discount. See post #666 for all FD facts and guidelines.

what are the months for free dining this year?
The rumored months and dates are listed on the first page of this thread. There is also a current free dining promo that covers the dates of August 28 - September 24.

The MK Resorts tend to book up early due to MNSSHP, the Epcot due to F&W and Conventions, I would be leary of much being included for any promo in the Deluxe catagory other than the most expensive room CL etc.

The only time a resort was ever totally excluded from the free dining promo was The Wilderness Lodge in 2007, every other year and for every other FD promo, every Disney Resort has been included in the Free Dining discount. There are however, room categories such as suites that are usually excluded. The only suites that are usually ever included in a FD promo are the All-Star Family Suites.

Yes, you AAA agent will be able to add the code when it is released. You will lose the AAA room discount, because you can't stack discounts in the WDW reservations system, but really, the FD offer should save you a lot more money than a AAA room discount. See post #666 for all FD facts and guidelines.

thank you!

I am a newbie trying to make all my ADR's I booked in June work. We had originally planned to be at Disney December 10-16. We had not planned to do much on the 10th so it does not bother me to book a room only night at our resort (CSR) and loose that night in the parks. My concern is that our first ADR is for Donald's Breakfast Safari in Animal Kingdom at 8:30. Will I need to use online check in to have everything I need to get into Animal Kingdom that early on the first day of our package? Or will I be able to get all that I need for that when I check in on the 10th at Coronado Springs?

Is my question making sense? This is my first Disney trip to plan and book and I thought I had done such a great job of figuring out all the tricks and then my dates didn't match up!

Also, when I call to book with the CM be helpful in figuring all this out or do I need to know exactly what I want when I call?

I just want to point out that our Moderator Knox has a FD FAQ sticky located at the top of the Discounts Codes and Rates Board. Although it says 2010, many of the questions being asked are still easily answered there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter