• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New free dining offer yeaaah

Uh oh! Now I'm planning a trip too! Plus, I have a question, even though I've done free dining before! Here we go..

If I arrive on Nov. 27 and check out on Dec. 5th, I'd arrive late in the evening on the 27th so those credits would be saved..but..if I check out on Dec. 5th and free dining ends Dec. 3rd for that period, could I use my credits on the 4th..or 5th?

Thanks!!

Oh well our dates are oct 15 to the 23rd. Does anyone know when the AP discount for oct comes out?

Nope, sorry, you have to buy tickets are part of a Magic Your Way Package - room, tickets, dining - to get the free dining plan, or to get the dining plan at all.

Wow, Princess Tiffany, 2:36 am? I've noticed how many people you have helped with their questions on this thread. That is awful nice of you to take this on! I'm amazed at how many people have jumped on this offer. You should open up shop online - PTsFDhelp dot com :)

(I'm also amazed at the number of people who can't read the thread and figure it out based on your previous answers!)

Uh oh! Now I'm planning a trip too! Plus, I have a question, even though I've done free dining before! Here we go..

If I arrive on Nov. 27 and check out on Dec. 5th, I'd arrive late in the evening on the 27th so those credits would be saved..but..if I check out on Dec. 5th and free dining ends Dec. 3rd for that period, could I use my credits on the 4th..or 5th?

Thanks!!

I'm going to help PT out here -

All that matters is your check in date. You will have free dining your entire trip, even though some of your dates fall in the black out period. You may use your credits on 12/4 and 12/5.

For example, you could even check in for a 14 day stay on Dec 3rd (the last day before a black out period) and your whole trip would still be free dining.

PT, too bad you can't add a FAQ to the first post.:rotfl:

Thanks!!

As long as you check-in on a valid FD date your FD extends for your entire trip up to 14 days. It is based on nights stayed so you will have 8days of credits which can be used up to midnight of your check out day 11/5

Sis4belle, I had the same question yesterday and called to ask. The CM said as long as I am not totally canceling my resrvation (just canceling and rebooking or modifying) they could apply my insurance to the new reservation :).

Thank you sjs314:). It is difficult to calm down enough to read a 25 page thread while you're excitedly checking airfare, figuring numbers all while taking care of all my other responsibilities towards others which each new morning brings! It's a help, and it's appreciated :goodvibes! Now while I deserve this I just have to figure out if I'm going to treat myself or not :goodvibes!

Thank you sjs314:). It is difficult to calm down enough to read a 25 page thread while you're excitedly checking airfare, figuring numbers all while taking care of all my other responsibilities towards others which each new morning brings! It's a help, and it's appreciated :goodvibes! Now while I deserve this I just have to figure out if I'm going to treat myself or not :goodvibes!

Your Quite Welcome and yes treat yourself you deserve it! Sometimes all this Disney stuff just boggles the mind.

Thanks!!

You can use your credits until midnight on 12/5, the day you check out.

I'm going to help PT out here -

All that matters is your check in date. You will have free dining your entire trip, even though some of your dates fall in the black out period. You may use your credits on 12/4 and 12/5.

For example, you could even check in for a 14 day stay on Dec 3rd (the last day before a black out period) and your whole trip would still be free dining.

PT, too bad you can't add a FAQ to the first post.:rotfl:

The one caveat to this is that "This is how it has always worked in the past." Just because of that does not mean it's how it will work with the new free dining. However, it is logical that that's how they are doing it...as it is the reason for many of the black-out dates.

(I'm also amazed at the number of people who can't read the thread and figure it out based on your previous answers!)

LOL!! I agree completely...some questions have been asked back to back several times. :lmao:

Thank you to all that have been so helpful. I really have learned alot about Disney Ressies through this thread. :cheer2:

We will be in FL from Sept 30-Oct 9, flying out early on the 9th. The plan was to spend most of our time at WDW but to stay off site three nights and rent a car so we can visit my husband's grandmother and go to Sea World.

We have a reservation for POR for 9/30-10/6 and then all our ADRs based on the cadence of our park days. I will keep this reservation and all my ADRs for now.

If free dining is released with the same parameters as outlined in the OP, I will move the Disney piece of our vacation to the last half of the trip and check in on 10/3-10/9. I checked the online reservation system and made a 2nd room only reservation for POFQ (POR is not available those dates). I made a 2nd set of ADRs for the cadence of when our park days would be if we check in on the 3rd.

On Aug 3 I will call and ask to add FD to the new POFQ reservation. If all is successful I will cancel the POR reservation, get that money back and use it to pay for the remainder of the new reservation. I will also cancel all the ADRs associated with that set of vacation plans.

My questions are these:
1. Is it possible to simply update the POFQ room only reservation? I don't have to cancel and re-book do I? I suppose its possible that there will not be any FD rooms released at POFQ.

2. How long does it take to get the refund back on my credit card? I have almost all of the POR reservation paid off.

We'd booked the POR reservation with a 35% off room rate PIN but FD would save us a little less than $300 more than the PIN. If my calculations are correct, 7 nights at POFQ, 7 day MYW tickets and FD will be ~2170.00. The POR reservation was 2430.00 for two adults and two children.

I'm very excited, POFQ was our original choice but our dates were not available with the PIN. I'll be thrilled if we get to book there with FD. :love:

You can use your credits until midnight on 12/5, the day you check out.

Thank you Coconuts :)!

You're right skier_pete! We will just have to wait now and see what August 3rd brings us, let's hope it's all good news!
I have to wonder if after the Fantasyland redo is finished if they will need to offer free dining that year, or even the next. Although saving a few hundred on QS dining has me so excited that I'm thinking of booking a trip I had no intention of booking until further into 2012, so it does do the trick! For me and countless others obviously so, hmm who knows.

Has anyone gotten a CM to confirm the offer coming out? Seems like a lot of people have called to make room-only reservations or ask about split stays, etc...Just wondering if anyone has hinted that this is a "go" on Wednesday. I was hoping Mousesavers would have the rumor up by now.

Has anyone gotten a CM to confirm the offer coming out? Seems like a lot of people have called to make room-only reservations or ask about split stays, etc...Just wondering if anyone has hinted that this is a "go" on Wednesday. I was hoping Mousesavers would have the rumor up by now.

Last night, the CM I talked to didn't know anything about it - she had only heard about something for mid-month (Aug. 13th). When I told her we were blacked out for FD, she was shocked that the rumor was so detailed as to even list dates. But, she did say they sometimes don't find out until 2 days before, so it could be they haven't informed everyone yet.

Would we need a PIN to book this?

I just called Disney and gave them my PIN and they said I didn't have a free dining discount. No hint that one was coming either.

OK, why do they exclude those two weeks in October? I thought that was the down time and they would offer a good deal. I'm new to this so I'm confused.

We are planning to go either Oct 16 - 22, or 18-24. If we go with the later dates, the last two days will be in that free dining range. How does that work? We can't pick another week b/c of school.

Hi, we are staying 3 nights at Shades of Green during those October dates listed above. So, a few questions for you experts:

1. Can we use the free Dining Plan if we're staying at Shades of Green?

2. Can we add it to our package if we have already booked our rooms?

3. Does this mean that we would have to upgrade to a Magic Your Way package to get the dining? My in-laws live in FLA, and can get the FLA resident ticket rate for themselves and the grandkids. But it seems like it's a better savings deal if we don't buy the FLA rate tickets and do the Magic Your Way package instead for the free dining.

Thanks for the advice everyone! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter