New free dining offer yeaaah

Ugh, I'm screwed. We arrive sept 30 and depart oct 6th. So even if we split up or reservations to get free dining for part of our stay, we'd get hosed because of the tickets. Grrrrr :sad2:

You can pick up your tickets up to 3 days early, so you could book room only for the first part of your stay and keep your ticket selection the same for your second part of your stay and just pick the tickets up early.

So if I do that and book one reservation for Sept 30-Oct 2 I couldn't book dining, right, since my tickets would be on the Oct 3-6th reservation? I don't know.

We'll actually be in FL from Sept 30th-Oct 9. Maybe I'll just change our reservation to Oct 3-9 and do our off site stuff (day at great-grandma's house, day at Sea World) at the front of the trip instead of at the end.

So if I do that and book one reservation for Sept 30-Oct 2 I couldn't book dining, right, since my tickets would be on the Oct 3-6th reservation? I don't know.

We'll actually be in FL from Sept 30th-Oct 9. Maybe I'll just change our reservation to Oct 3-9 and do our off site stuff (day at great-grandma's house, day at Sea World) at the front of the trip instead of at the end.

Your second part of your trip would start on the 2nd, not the 3rd. You would not be able to get the dining for Sept 30 and Oct. 1, but you would be able to access your credits as soon as you checkout/ checkin on the 2nd. I would say that if your dates are flexible, you should just move your whole trip to the later part of your FL visit. That would seem to be the easiest thing to do. Good luck!:thumbsup2

We arrive the 24th, thanksgiving day.... till Dec 3rd.
was planning on 24, 25, 26 at Pop with AP (rack or hopefully a nice AP rate) and deluxe dining.
THEN.... starting the 27th will move to CBR and hopefully free dining.

kids' APs expire by then... so we do need the tickets for them. so checking into package on 27th... we still we be able to do early ticket pickup on the 24th, right? oh, would hate to be there and have 24, 25 and 26 without any tickets for the kiddos!
am worried to book package starting the 27th, and with my luck between then and now they change it and nope, don't allow early ticket pickup anymore and then I'm screwed!

My other option is just to buy tickets/new APs for the kids when we arrive, and book my CBR stay starting on the 27th as AP rate with deluxe dining.. but still free dining would offer us much better savings. Just real worried about being able to pick up tickets on the 24th when package isn't till 27th!

HI we'll be there 10/5 thru 10/12. We are staying at a value with a Military room discount. Can we get the Free Dining? If yes, does it count for our entire stay or just the dates you listed? Totally new to all this so I have know idea how all the discounts and things work! Thanks for any help!

HI we'll be there 10/5 thru 10/12. We are staying at a value with a Military room discount. Can we get the Free Dining? If yes, does it count for our entire stay or just the dates you listed? Totally new to all this so I have know idea how all the discounts and things work! Thanks for any help!
It would be for your entire stay, as your check-in date lands in the middle of the free dining promo for that week. The free dining discount should save you a lot more money than the military room discount - but you do have to pick one or the other, as Disney does not let you stack discounts. Just call the day the promo comes out and tell them you want to apply the free dining discount to your existing reservation.

Nope you must choose Military discount or rack rate with free dining:goodvibes

So Danny25, have you heard anything about any January or February discounts :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Some of us are getting impatient :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Without going thru all the pages, I wanted to ask a question.

We are checking on Dec 2nd to POR - two rooms - 9 day hoppers and regular dining.

Does this mean that we could possible have free dining for the entire trip even though the 3-10th is blacked out?:confused3

I just wanted to make sure I have this right before I get my mom all excited! Parents are paying for the trip and I know they will be excited to save a little money!

Ok! Thanks for that information! Couple more questions! If I go with the FD and the regular room rate do I have to buy park tickets thru Disney? We are getting ours through the military base before we go.
Do you know what the regular room rates are at POP? We actually got our room for 40% off with the Dining package so I don't know the regular rate.
Thanks for all the help!

Without going thru all the pages, I wanted to ask a question.

We are checking on Dec 2nd to POR - two rooms - 9 day hoppers and regular dining.

Does this mean that we could possible have free dining for the entire trip even though the 3-10th is blacked out?:confused3

I just wanted to make sure I have this right before I get my mom all excited! Parents are paying for the trip and I know they will be excited to save a little money!
Yes, that is correct. As long as your check in date falls during the free dining dates you would receive the discount for your length of stay, up to 14 nights.

Ok! Thanks for that information! Couple more questions! If I go with the FD and the regular room rate do I have to buy park tickets thru Disney? We are getting ours through the military base before we go.
Do you know what the regular room rates are at POP? We actually got our room for 40% off with the Dining package so I don't know the regular rate.
Thanks for all the help!
Yes, you have to purchase the tickets through Disney. To get the free dining plan applied to your reservation you must book a Magic Your Way package which includes room, tickets and dining. To see what the fd package would cost, just go to the WDW website and price out a trip for your dates at Pop with no DDP added, that would be your total cost a free dining trip. Depending on your party size and the age of your children, the free dining may save you slightly more than the military discount or A LOT more than the military discount. We are a family of 4 and we usually get 2 connecting rooms at a value resort and a free dining discount saves us between $1,200 and $1,500.00, whereas a 40% room discount only saves us about $650 to $700.00.

I have already bought park tickets for our November visit through Disney. Curious if I could still get free dining if I book a hotel stay during the promo dates? Sorry if this has been asked already... I did not read through all the pages.

I apologize from the start! I'm new at the whole Disney trip planning. I appreciate all of the advice on the forums. I'm excited about the possibility of saving some money on the 3rd. I'm booked from 11/25 - 12/2 so I think I've figured out that I need to make 2 reservations and I can pick up tix early. I bought Disney trip insurance though...does anyone know what happens to that insurance if I have to modify my reservation? I'm hoping it transfers with my vacation.

Sigh... We are booked at Pop from Oct 15th to Oct 29th (two adults, no kids). The dates are set because I'm a teacher and they fall during a school holiday (with my extra vacation days added on). Airfare is also purchased. If the rumor is correct, FD kicks in on Oct 23rd. I was looking into doing a split stay, but since we'd have to buy two extra 2-day base tickets and most likely would upgrade from QSDP to DDP, we'd end up paying almost $500 to have FD for six nights. - and the cost of buying DDP for six nights is about $550 :lmao:

Granted, we could downgrade our current 10-day tickets to probably six or seven days, but that doesn't really affect the numbers. Guess we'll just keep our current package :rolleyes: Oh well, at least we won't have to change rooms! :goodvibes:rotfl2:

I have already purchased park tickets through Disney for our November trip. Curious if I could still get free dining if I book a hotel stay once the promo is available? Sorry if this question has been asked... I have not read through all the pages.

I have already bought park tickets for our November visit through Disney. Curious if I could still get free dining if I book a hotel stay during the promo dates? Sorry if this has been asked already... I did not read through all the pages.
Nope, sorry, you have to buy tickets are part of a Magic Your Way Package - room, tickets, dining - to get the free dining plan, or to get the dining plan at all.

I apologize from the start! I'm new at the whole Disney trip planning. I appreciate all of the advice on the forums. I'm excited about the possibility of saving some money on the 3rd. I'm booked from 11/25 - 12/2 so I think I've figured out that I need to make 2 reservations and I can pick up tix early. I bought Disney trip insurance though...does anyone know what happens to that insurance if I have to modify my reservation? I'm hoping it transfers with my vacation.
It shouldn't have any affect at all on your trip insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter