• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New free dining offer yeaaah

It'l be fine, just have two reservations and let them know when you get there so you can hopefully keep your room. They won't mind, they'l understand :thumbsup2, you'l be fine!

I hope you're right...I've been trying to read the pages on this thread and I think I saw someone state that your check in date has to be during the free dining period for you to qualify...If that's the case We're screwed because we are checking in the day before free dining starts (checking in Dec 10th) and are tentative travel dates are absolutely not flexible because of work :(

Yes. Just call back and make your first night a room only and the rest of your dates for the free dining. You'll just be without dining and tickets for the 1st night. It's totally doable.

Ok--so if the rumor is true, we have to move our travel date up by a day to get the FD. IF FD is offered, we can upgrade to a Mod from a family suite at ASMu. Should I go ahead and call tonight to move our room and dates? Would changing the room ahead of time make adding the FD faster on wed morning? I have to be at work at 8 and can't sit on hold at work because I'm a preschool teacher. We could always downgrade if the rumor ended up being false.

Thanks
Susan
That really wouldn't be upgrading. The All-Star Music suites are a good bit more expensive than the Moderate resort. Also, I wouldn't go to the bother of changing room right now, I'd wait for the discount to be released.

I hope you're right...I've been trying to read the pages on this thread and I think I saw someone state that your check in date has to be during the free dining period for you to qualify...If that's the case We're screwed because we are checking in the day before free dining starts (checking in Dec 10th) and are tentative travel dates are absolutely not flexible because of work :(
Yes, your check in date does have to fall within the Free Dining promo dates. But, all you have to do is change your check in day to a room only reservation and then make the rest of your vacation dates a package, which include room, tickets and dining, so you can take advantage of the free dining offer. We have done this twice in the past and it was not an issue.

That really wouldn't be upgrading. The All-Star Music suites are a good bit more expensive than the Moderate resort. Also, I wouldn't go to the bother of changing room right now, I'd wait for the discount to be released.

By the time we figure in the FD, we'll come out even. We're looking to book at the CSR in a Jr Suite-King. It'll be my DH, DS, my mom and a 12 yr old nephew going. So we're looking at getting FD for 4 "adults." My son won't be 3 until the end of Dec! He'll bunk in with us or on the floor on his pack and play mattress. My nephew will share with my mom if we move up to the CSR.

Susan

I'm almost positive that I know the answer to my question, but I am putting it out there just in case I (hopefully) have it wrong. Our dates are October 20th to October 31st. I know that I have to have 2 separate reservations to get the free dining (20th-22nd & 23rd-31st with free dining). I can't buy the dining plan for the 1st reservation unless I buy more tickets, right? You have to have a complete package to buy the dining plan, correct? (Hence the "room only" reservation that everyone is talking about.)

I'm almost positive that I know the answer to my question, but I am putting it out there just in case I (hopefully) have it wrong. Our dates are October 20th to October 31st. I know that I have to have 2 separate reservations to get the free dining (20th-22nd & 23rd-31st with free dining). I can't buy the dining plan for the 1st reservation unless I buy more tickets, right? You have to have a complete package to buy the dining plan, correct? (Hence the "room only" reservation that everyone is talking about.)
Yes you must buy a package with tickets if you want to add any type of dining, the only way to have the dining plan added without tickets is staying with points at a dvc in that case you can add any dining plan without tickets:goodvibes

Woooooohooooo!!!! :cool1:
We're booked for December 3rd to 10th, so it'll be free dining for us! We got the same thing for the same dates two years ago, and I was really hoping for FD (though we had decided to go OOP). So excited to give the great news to my parents and sister, for whom it'll be their first trip.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yes you must buy a package with tickets if you want to add any type of dining, the only way to have the dining plan added without tickets is staying with points at a dvc in that case you can add any dining plan without tickets:goodvibes

But you can keep your extra set of tickets (unused) to upgrade on your next trip.

Thanks Danny and Mom2rtk! I was hoping that I was wrong, but no such luck. :rotfl: I am thrilled that it looks like we may have 8 days of free dining, though, because I have quite a few restaurants that I want to try. Not to mention snacks....:rolleyes1

We will be at Disney 11/12 -11/19. If I do a room only for the 12th, how early on the 13th can I check in? We have an ADR at Tusker House at 8:00. Would I be able to do online check in for both reservations? Do you think that would save any time? Ug. This would be easier if we were traveling 13-20.

Thanks.

These are our exact dates and we have an 8:30 Tusker House ressie.. we'll be right behind you!:cool1:

Here's my plan (assuming the rumor is true:goodvibes). We are currently booked from Oct 22-29 (with 7 day park hopper and Disney Deluxe Dining - we did not get tickets for the 29th since we are leaving early). I will try to get the FD package from Oct 23-29 and keep the 7 park hopper. I will need to book a room only reservation for Oct 22. As Minnie_Mom has posted, I can request to get my park tickets early (ie. Oct.22) and still be able to get to go to parks on Oct.22 - the only thing we won't have compared to our existing reservation is the Disney Deluxe Dining on Oct.22, but we will be able to start using it on Oct.23. Does this sound right, or am I missing something. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Here's my plan (assuming the rumor is true:goodvibes). We are currently booked from Oct 22-29 (with 7 day park hopper and Disney Deluxe Dining - we did not get tickets for the 29th since we are leaving early). I will try to get the FD package from Oct 23-29 and keep the 7 park hopper. I will need to book a room only reservation for Oct 22. As Minnie_Mom has posted, I can request to get my park tickets early (ie. Oct.22) and still be able to get to go to parks on Oct.22 - the only thing we won't have compared to our existing reservation is the Disney Deluxe Dining on Oct.22, but we will be able to start using it on Oct.23. Does this sound right, or am I missing something. Thanks in advance for your advice.

You got it!:thumbsup2

Wonder why the 9-22nd are blackout dates? We booked in Feb. for the 15-22 with free dining. Wonder why this offer has it blacked out?

Wonder why the 9-22nd are blackout dates? We booked in Feb. for the 15-22 with free dining. Wonder why this offer has it blacked out?
Because the Food & Wine Festival is going on, it's Columbus Day/Week which is when a lot of school districts have their fall break, there is a large Golf Tournament going on during that time fram and also 2 conventions will be on or near Disney property. So, I doubt they need to fill resort rooms during that time frame, which is the reason they offer free dining discounts.

Ugh, I'm screwed. We arrive sept 30 and depart oct 6th. So even if we split up or reservations to get free dining for part of our stay, we'd get hosed because of the tickets. Grrrrr :sad2:

I finally read the whole thread. I was pretty sure this would happen, but it's still very exciting. It covers our dates (10/2-10/6):dance3: and we don't need to buy that darned memories book. Without the book we def. get a larger (though not much) savings over our current 30% room discount at Pop.

Here's my question, I have a room-only reservation right now. I was going to buy our tix through DU if free dining didn't come along. Should I call and upgrade to a package before 8/3 so that on the 3rd it's easier to apply the FD code? Would doing that in any way make it more likely that we'd get one of the FD rooms at Pop?

Any stats on how many FD rooms are at each resort? Pop is way bigger than POFQ for ex. so I wonder if I have a better chance of getting FD at Pop than I would at a smaller resort :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter