New free dining offer yeaaah

I'm disappointed and optimistic at the same time. I was really hoping they would do an early release of Jan-Feb discounts, but seeing as this only goes through Dec, looks like I'll be waiting longer :sad2: But, if this rumor turns out to be true, it's a good sign that there will be a decent Jan/Feb discount or free dining and hopefully it will be without having to buy the photo book thing. :cheer2:

First, I totally apologize if this question has already been answered. Its a long thread and I didn't read through it all.

Right now, we have a AAA discount (15%) at Fort Wilderness from 10/28-11/1...4 nights. Total price is $1185.76 - deposit of $301.22 we already paid, we only have $884.54 left to pay on room only res.

That being said, we pre-booked HDDR for 6 people paying $321.94 in full and CRT paying $263.18 for 6 people in full.

If we switch to free dining, how does this work? Our room price goes up? To what? And do we get our $ back for our dining res we already paid for or what? Or does that $ just get credited to the room package. So how do you know if the FD is cheaper than the discounted room only and paying for meals? We did book thru DU, but I thought I might get a quicker answer here. Thanks!

Also be aware that the two meals you mentioned both take two dining credits each. So that would be your 4 table service credits right there. You would also get 4 counter service and 4 snacks though too.

Didn't know if this made a difference to you. :)

First, I totally apologize if this question has already been answered. Its a long thread and I didn't read through it all.

Right now, we have a AAA discount (15%) at Fort Wilderness from 10/28-11/1...4 nights. Total price is $1185.76 - deposit of $301.22 we already paid, we only have $884.54 left to pay on room only res.

That being said, we pre-booked HDDR for 6 people paying $321.94 in full and CRT paying $263.18 for 6 people in full.

If we switch to free dining, how does this work? Our room price goes up? To what? And do we get our $ back for our dining res we already paid for or what? Or does that $ just get credited to the room package. So how do you know if the FD is cheaper than the discounted room only and paying for meals? We did book thru DU, but I thought I might get a quicker answer here. Thanks!

Free Dining should be a much bigger discount than a 15% room discount. You will get your money back on the Dining Reservations, but it does usually take 2 months worth of billing cycles to get a WDW dining refund.

If you are staying at the Cabins a 15% discount would save you about $35.00 per night. A free dining discount for 6 adults would save you about $288.00 per night, so for instance, for a 7 night say, a FD discount would save you about $2,000.00, a 15% off AAA discount would save you $245.00.

We're also there that same week. And it does look like crowd numbers are low (same as they are the rest of the month). I'm surprised this would be blacked out and not Halloween week. The only thing I can think of is the convention going on at the Boardwalk hotels...but surely they already have food offered??:confused3

That mid-Oct blackout covers Columbus Day week, which is apparently fall break for a lot of districts (I've seen it brought up on at least a half-dozen preachy "don't take your kids out of school" threads as an example of when we should be traveling... too bad we don't get a fall break! :rotfl:) And the second half of the blackout is the week of the CMN golf classic, which presumably draws a more affluent audience that isn't depending on discounts to determine their travel dates. Add the usual Food & Wine crowds, a convention at the Boardwalk, another at Coronado Springs, a couple of sporting events at WWoS, etc. and you have a situation where discounts aren't needed to keep occupancy high even though many of those bookings won't be people spending a lot of time in the parks.

Yep, this is us too, arriving 9/27. I just applied the $69 per night, but it saves us on only 4 nights out of 8. Better than nothing. I know that week was available with the offer that ended in Dec. I wonder why it was left out for this round? Sniff. :(

We are looking at arriving on 9/27 also. Usually free dining runs through the end of September so I am surprised :(

Eileen

Also be aware that the two meals you mentioned both take two dining credits each. So that would be your 4 table service credits right there. You would also get 4 counter service and 4 snacks though too.

Didn't know if this made a difference to you. :)

Yeah, I have no idea how many credits you get with dining or what counter service versus snack credits are. But I guess if the rack rate is cheaper than the AAA discounted rate plus the meals I've already paid for, it makes sense to do it. And yes, I meant FW cabins.

I think that's the norm for Le Cellier... We experienced worse during a non-free-dining time, when we checked in a few minutes ahead of our ADR to be told that they were running over an hour behind and ran out of pagers, and to come back in 45min or so to check in. :rolleyes: We've never eaten there because it doesn't seem to matter when we book - free dining, no free dining, lunch, dinner - there's always a long wait despite having an ADR and it has never struck me as important enough to wait that long for with three kids who were expecting to eat somewhere around our ADR time.

That was the longest one for 2010. I went the same week in 2009 (no free dining was offered and it was SO NICE!!! No waits at all anywhere).

In 2010 Garden Grill 35 minute was the next worst one....it was that we just waited for each ADR. I think the restaurants get booked solid. Then there are delays and that just causes a chain reaction.

We are just 2 adults so I have the patience (most of the time ;) ) I can't even imagine trying to do a vacation at WDW with 3 kids.

Yeah, I have no idea how many credits you get with dining or what counter service versus snack credits are. But I guess if the rack rate is cheaper than the AAA discounted rate plus the meals I've already paid for, it makes sense to do it. And yes, I meant FW cabins.
See my previous response to your earlies response for a break down, but the FD discount, if all people are considered adults, would save you about $1,700.00 more than a 15% off room discount at the cabins.

Free Dining should be a much bigger discount than a 15% room discount. You will get your money back on the Dining Reservations, but it does usually take 2 months worth of billing cycles to get a WDW dining refund.

If you are staying at the Cabins a 15% discount would save you about $35.00 per night. A free dining discount for 6 adults would save you about $288.00 per night, so for instance, for a 7 night say, a FD discount would save you about $2,000.00, a 15% off AAA discount would save you $245.00.

Does rack rate change? My notes show it was $1395 for 4 nights back when I originally booked. With AAA discount, it changed to $1185.76. But if you add in the $321.94 I paid for HDDR and $263.18 for CRT, that total is $1770.88, which its obviously cheaper to pay rack rate of $1395 and do free dining and get a few other counter service/snacks thrown in, huh?

See my previous response to your earlies response for a break down, but the FD discount, if all people are considered adults, would save you about $1,700.00 more than a 15% off room discount at the cabins.

We have 3 adults, 3 kids. Kids ages 11, 9, and 5.

My general reasoning is that free dining is the better value when you are a family of 4+. A couple staying at a deluxe will get a better savings using a room only discount than FD.

I know when I take my entire family we save a bundle on FD. My trip in December is only me, but I'm going with my sisters and Mom. All my kids are so jealous. :thumbsup2

Does rack rate change? My notes show it was $1395 for 4 nights back when I originally booked. With AAA discount, it changed to $1185.76. But if you add in the $321.94 I paid for HDDR and $263.18 for CRT, that total is $1770.88, which its obviously cheaper to pay rack rate of $1395 and do free dining and get a few other counter service/snacks thrown in, huh?
Rack rates at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins are approximately $250.00 per night.

A 15% off AAA discount will save you about $35.00 per night off rack rate.

A Free Dining Discount, if all 6 people are 10 year or olders, will save you $288.00 per night off rack rate.

You will be refunded the price of the dinner shows, so that really shouldn't play into the numbers.

There's only two of us going and staying in a value so FD saves us $550+ rather than $300 off rack rate. :thumbsup2

We have 3 adults, 3 kids. Kids ages 11, 9, and 5.
Okay, then, the free dining discount would save ya'll about $208.00 per night, as opposed to the 15% off AAA discount that would save you $35.00 per night.

Are we Not able to get free dining of we check-in n the 22nd of Oct.
You'll have to book a one night rack rate for the 22nd, but then you can book a reservation starting on the 23rd for the rest of your stay and get free dining for that.

Are we Not able to get free dining of we check-in n the 22nd of Oct.
That is correct.

The only way to get the Free Dining discount would be to do a one night, room only reservation for the 22nd and then book your package starting on October 23, which would have to include your room, tickets and dining.

Okay, then, the free dining discount would save ya'll about $208.00 per night, as opposed to the 15% off AAA discount that would save you $35.00 per night.

Thank you!

edited to add: just checked disney's website. Rack rate for our 4 nights at FW cabins is $1395 from 10/28-11/1. Its $315/night for fri/sat and $305 for Sun/mon.

And if we stayed with the AAA, it'd be $1185.76, so a difference of $209.24. So, the way I'm understanding this, we pay an add'l $209.24 for the room, and then get our meal $ of $585.12 that we've already paid back. Instant savings right there! Woohoo!

I was so excited to see this that I read every single post!!! :surfweb: lol!

I too have to reserve two seperate ressies to be able to take advantage of offer. I know that you are able to pick up tickets earlier...my question is do you have to actually leave the room you are in and move to the second room or will they be able to make it work that you could remain in same room???
:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter