New free dining offer yeaaah

I hope the black out dates on wrong. I'm booked Oct 15-22nd and would really like to have a discount and not pay rack rates.

What about discounts for the last week of September?

Eileen

Will this help you??? :)

Late Summer Savings at Walt Disney World Resorts

Stay dates: 8/14/11-10/1/11. Get a significant discount off regular "Rack" rates at Disney's resorts. Use booking code L29 or O2R. Rates below are for Sunday-Thursday stays: weekend rates are higher. Rates will vary for 9/30/11-10/1/11. Rates not available for all dates and resorts.

Value resorts, standard room, $69
Moderate resorts, standard room, $129
Deluxe resorts, standard room, $189
Deluxe Villa resorts, Studio, $209
If you wish, you can add tickets and dining plans to these rates to make a vacation package, but this will cause the offer to fall under the package rules.

The number of rooms allocated for these offers is limited. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room, except at Deluxe Villa resorts. No group rates or other discounts apply.

About Booking

Book by 8/13/11.

For phone bookings, you pay a deposit of one night's room rate plus tax. No change or cancellation fee will be charged if you make your modification more than 5 days before arrival. Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

To reserve a room with the Late Summer Savings, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request this offer.

I don't think the CM's on the phone know. They might be using an old code. But the dates are spot on for the 2011 calendar. And I might be wrong, but in 07, I don't think they did the values as quick service.

There was no QS plan in '07, so you're right on for that, and free dining was only offered during the standard hurricane season window. Neither of the codes mentioned were associated with the free dining offer in 2007, by the way, but I didn't have the patience to check to see if they were associated with some other discount that year.

I'll admit to being a bit skeptical here, simply because as I understand the workings of the rumor mill today would be the day CRO CMs would be finding out about overtime for the coming week and that's usually what tips off Touring Plans, Mousesavers, etc. The deafening silence from the usual suspects is enough to stop me from doing the happy dance for the time being.

Crossing my fingers that the the FD is valid for 11/26 too instead of starting up 11/27...we hoped to arrive that day but if we have to do a split stay for a night, so be it.

What about discounts for the last week of September?

Eileen

Yep, this is us too, arriving 9/27. I just applied the $69 per night, but it saves us on only 4 nights out of 8. Better than nothing. I know that week was available with the offer that ended in Dec. I wonder why it was left out for this round? Sniff. :(

There was no QS plan in '07, so you're right on for that, and free dining was only offered during the standard hurricane season window. Neither of the codes mentioned were associated with the free dining offer in 2007, by the way, but I didn't have the patience to check to see if they were associated with some other discount that year.

I'll admit to being a bit skeptical here, simply because as I understand the workings of the rumor mill today would be the day CRO CMs would be finding out about overtime for the coming week and that's usually what tips off Touring Plans, Mousesavers, etc. The deafening silence from the usual suspects is enough to stop me from doing the happy dance for the time being.

Actually, on one of the other threads there was a comment from one of the CM's that said he thought a discount was coming out the first week of August because the CM's were being asked for their availability for overtime that week.:thumbsup2

The current Free Dining offer ends on September 24. I would assume that those black out dates for the end of September through the October 1 would be because they have PLENTY of bookings due to the popularity of the Food & Wine Festival.

The original offer - the one available late last year - was good for check-ins through 9/29, but the tail end of free dining when it overlaps Food & Wine has always been popular and this year there is the added draw of the MK's 40th anniversary that same weekend (10/1). The earlier end date for the 'memory book' free dining offer suggests that they had already achieved sufficient occupancy for that last week of the original offer.

Yep, this is us too, arriving 9/27. I just applied the $69 per night, but it saves us on only 4 nights out of 8. Better than nothing. I know that week was available with the offer that ended in Dec. I wonder why it was left out for this round? Sniff. :(
Because that's when Food & Wine Festival is in full swing a lot of people are there for this event during those dates. Add that fact on top of the fact that, as you noted, there was already a free dining promo for those date, I would say that they don't need to fill rooms for those dates.

So excited to read this thread! We are flying in Dec 10th and depart on the 18th. Have flights and reservations with Disney now. Will call and change reservation to flights and one night room only and then book the other nights as a package.....We can go to Downtown Disney and to the resorts to see the Christmas decorations on our arrival date!! Woohoo!!! :yay::yay::yay: Staying at Pop and wanted to try the quick service dining. This discount will help a lot since there are 7 "adults" (grandsons are 11 and 12). Praying it comes through!

First, I totally apologize if this question has already been answered. Its a long thread and I didn't read through it all.

Right now, we have a AAA discount (15%) at Fort Wilderness from 10/28-11/1...4 nights. Total price is $1185.76 - deposit of $301.22 we already paid, we only have $884.54 left to pay on room only res.

That being said, we pre-booked HDDR for 6 people paying $321.94 in full and CRT paying $263.18 for 6 people in full.

If we switch to free dining, how does this work? Our room price goes up? To what? And do we get our $ back for our dining res we already paid for or what? Or does that $ just get credited to the room package. So how do you know if the FD is cheaper than the discounted room only and paying for meals? We did book thru DU, but I thought I might get a quicker answer here. Thanks!

I hope the black out dates on wrong. I'm booked Oct 15-22nd and would really like to have a discount and not pay rack rates.

Hoping the black out dates are wrong too! Airfare already booked. Staying 11/9-11/16/. I really would hate to stay offsite for half my trip!! :sad1:

Great....free dining...now instead of a nice relaxing vacation..the restaurants will be packed and I'll have to wait for every ADR like last year (55 minutes at Le Celliar).

Argh....I hate free dining.

Sorry!!!

I think that's the norm for Le Cellier... We experienced worse during a non-free-dining time, when we checked in a few minutes ahead of our ADR to be told that they were running over an hour behind and ran out of pagers, and to come back in 45min or so to check in. :rolleyes: We've never eaten there because it doesn't seem to matter when we book - free dining, no free dining, lunch, dinner - there's always a long wait despite having an ADR and it has never struck me as important enough to wait that long for with three kids who were expecting to eat somewhere around our ADR time.

First, I totally apologize if this question has already been answered. Its a long thread and I didn't read through it all.

Right now, we have a AAA discount (15%) at Fort Wilderness from 10/28-11/1...4 nights. Total price is $1185.76 - deposit of $301.22 we already paid, we only have $884.54 left to pay on room only res.

That being said, we pre-booked HDDR for 6 people paying $321.94 in full and CRT paying $263.18 for 6 people in full.

If we switch to free dining, how does this work? Our room price goes up? To what? And do we get our $ back for our dining res we already paid for or what? Or does that $ just get credited to the room package. So how do you know if the FD is cheaper than the discounted room only and paying for meals? We did book thru DU, but I thought I might get a quicker answer here. Thanks!

Fort Wilderness Cabins? You will have to check the rack rate and see if it is a greater savings for you. And yes, any prepaid ressie would be credited back to your card, if you did the free dining/dining package.

Ok - though it is being warned as a rumour - it has also been posted on a TA blog for Pixie Vacations and on Chip and Company and reposted on Disney Digest and Disney a La Carte (TA blog).:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter