New Fences and Signs Going In at Beaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammie

DIS Veteran
ClLMRUsWMAA92sR.jpg
ClLeXs3WYAAiM4Z.jpg

Shared on the DIS Resorts forum.

And from what I have read this is a temporary situation, until something more permanent can be designed that is both visually pleasing and effective.

This is going to upset some and I am sorry but there is zero need for this. If people would just follow rules and watch who they need to watch and be responsible there would be zero need. Oh, and yes I am very sad someone lost their life and child at that, but it looks like our world is become less and less knowledgeable about common sense. Again I am sorry if I upset some but just my take. This whole situation just sucks.

650x366

Photo from Orlando Sentinel.

I have a feeling Disney has little choice in this. I am sure this fence and new signs were required by law enforcement. As to what comes next and what it will look like we don't know. The people I am most mad at are the ones feeding the gators. This is what happens when you alter the natural ways of an animal.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Disney has little choice in this. I am sure this fence and new signs were required by law enforcement. As to what comes next and what it will look like we don't know. The people I am most mad at are the ones feeding the gators. This is what happens when you alter the natural ways of an animal.

Absolutely!

Fences and barriers are so dumb. I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it here - apparently we need to stop allowing people to cross the street because it's been documented that people have been hit by cars in the past. I certainly don't blame Disney or the parents for this absolutely horrendous incident and accident. That said, you can't "fence" your way to safety from every danger.

This is obviously being done to prevent future law suits. You will still get some people that will ignore the signs and rope fence. Just read the stories of tourists getting killed in Austrailia by crocodiles. People ignore the warning signs, go swimming and end up as lunch.

The tragic death of that toddler is down to parental stupidity, it was easily avoidable. People get killed all the time doing stupid things and this is another to add to the list. It's almost impossible to stop these one off events.

I don't blame the parents - gator attacks are really rare. Floridians themselves regularly swim in alligator infested waters.

I do wonder if Disney needs signs in the plantings warning about snakes and signs warning about bees and Nile Virus carrying mosquitoes.

The world is a pretty darn safe place - but there isn't a guarantee you won't be hit by lightening.

Hi folks, a gentle reminder to please not post about fault or blame in this incident. A child lost their life, and Disney is taking action to protect future guests. We've seen it over and over, like the need to install automatic ride gates, not just on coasters, but almost any moving ride like Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean. Please refrain from any discussions placing blame on Disney or the parents in this tragedy. Orlando has had enough sorrow to deal with the last week or so, without adding fuel to the fire.

Thanks.

This is going to upset some and I am sorry but there is zero need for this. If people would just follow rules and watch who they need to watch and be responsible there would be zero need. Oh, and yes I am very sad someone lost their life and child at that, but it looks like our world is become less and less knowledgeable about common sense. Again I am sorry if I upset some but just my take. This whole situation just sucks.
I guess you dont think there is a need for the big M to put HOT COFFEE on their cups too. When you have a litigious society you have to CYA.

I feel another thread closure in our midst. People don't seem to be able to help themselves unfortunately.

Sammie, thanks for sharing the pics! I'll skip the coffee temperature phase of the discussion.

My last update, this is STRICTLY RUMOR from cast members but the talk going around is that this fence is temporary and they will be replaced by the ones with rope and
mesh. Again nothing has been confirmed.

Yacht-Club-Resort-18.jpg

This is obviously being done to prevent future law suits. You will still get some people that will ignore the signs and rope fence. Just read the stories of tourists getting killed in Austrailia by crocodiles. People ignore the warning signs, go swimming and end up as lunch.

The tragic death of that toddler is down to parental stupidity, it was easily avoidable. People get killed all the time doing stupid things and this is another to add to the list. It's almost impossible to stop these one off events.

Hindsight is always 20/20….I think its kind of stupid to create a beach front atmosphere, play G rated movies to attract children to a location, promote a safe family setting next to a body of water where predators are known to leap onto land and kill prey. Add to the setting its alligator breeding season making them more aggressive.

My family grew up enjoying Chesapeake bay and Manasota Key beaches. We’ve never had any interest in Disney’s themed beachfront. I can see how a family would trust the beachfront setting Disney created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter