New FD Bounceback is out

I seriously need to get out a paper/pen and hash this all out.......where do you find out the price of upgrading dining packages depending on which resort you stay at? Thanks!
any time I'm trying to figure out which is best between eating OOP or a Dining Plan, I go to the Disney website and make pretend reservations -- when you get to the ADD DINING page, you can see the cost of each plan. If you have a VALUE that includes the QS dining plan, just look at what the DDP would be and subtract the difference.

Then, go to each of the restaurants and look at the menus, to get an idea of what it would cost (remember to add in tax for out of pocket which is included in the plans) and compare. Also, with the Plans, you get the refillable mug, so that is an added benefit, BUT you have to figure in tip either way, as it's not covered under the plans. I use an excel spreadsheet and plop in all the costs, and let the spreadsheet do the work...LOL

I'm giving this a go.....and I feel like I'm in Frozen or something....This is crazy!... "I love crazy!!!"

Hubby and I have AP, but my daughter and GS do not. So the immediate plan in my head is to go the one night this month ($89 at ASM already reserved)...book the BB offer for December 2017 and in the meantime, let my/DH's AP's expire, thus using the tickets we have to buy anyway for this package. The passes expire in July, and I don't see us using them from July-Dec anyway. Does anyone see any obvious flaws in this idea?
When I first heard about this, I booked a room but once I write it all out/analyze prices I'll see what is best. Convincing the DH to drive 2 hours to Disney for just an overnight REALLY took some schmoozing....since it's our wedding anniversary and all. :rolleyes1

any time I'm trying to figure out which is best between eating OOP or a Dining Plan, I go to the Disney website and make pretend reservations -- when you get to the ADD DINING page, you can see the cost of each plan. If you have a VALUE that includes the QS dining plan, just look at what the DDP would be and subtract the difference.

Then, go to each of the restaurants and look at the menus, to get an idea of what it would cost (remember to add in tax for out of pocket which is included in the plans) and compare. Also, with the Plans, you get the refillable mug, so that is an added benefit, BUT you have to figure in tip either way, as it's not covered under the plans. I use an excel spreadsheet and plop in all the costs, and let the spreadsheet do the work...LOL

Thanks! I'll have to try this.
We always think we would like to have the dining plan.......especially after the food costs end up being such a larger chunk of the budget than I anticipated. The menu sticker shock in a way holds us back from getting what we want to eat. I know it's paying ahead of time vs pay as you go, but psychologically it would be nice to have that taken care of ahead of time. Six of one, half a dozen of another. I know. But still nice to try Free Dining once in my lifetime.

I'm giving this a go.....and I feel like I'm in Frozen or something....This is crazy!... "I love crazy!!!"

Hubby and I have AP, but my daughter and GS do not. So the immediate plan in my head is to go the one night this month ($89 at ASM already reserved)...book the BB offer for December 2017 and in the meantime, let my/DH's AP's expire, thus using the tickets we have to buy anyway for this package. The passes expire in July, and I don't see us using them from July-Dec anyway. Does anyone see any obvious flaws in this idea?
When I first heard about this, I booked a room but once I write it all out/analyze prices I'll see what is best. Convincing the DH to drive 2 hours to Disney for just an overnight REALLY took some schmoozing....since it's our wedding anniversary and all. :rolleyes1
I am considering flying down there for one night just to get the offer. We were there for 11 days in June and of course they were only booking BB offers until December and I want 2017. Crazy...we spent a ton of money on our trip and now I am jumping through hoops to try to get a good deal! I wish they would let you book 12 months in advance for BB offers instead of the way they do it.

Can anyone verify that POFQ is included in the August-September dates? We arrive on the 14th and I can't wait to book again for next year!

So kind of worried about availability. We will be there 9/11-9/18 on the current FD offer. Looks like there is only one week of availability in Sep. and we usually stay at POP. Has anyone went to book BB and not been able to get the hotel/dates they wanted?

I am considering flying down there for one night just to get the offer. We were there for 11 days in June and of course they were only booking BB offers until December and I want 2017. Crazy...we spent a ton of money on our trip and now I am jumping through hoops to try to get a good deal! I wish they would let you book 12 months in advance for BB offers instead of the way they do it.

I'm seriously considering the same except I'll probably drive from Ohio! We were just there in July.

Still not sure I get it! We are going late August/early sept next year, 2 rooms. First room me, DH, DD who lives in Kissimmee, and DGS. Room #2, DS, DDIL, 2 DGS's. If I get a room for DD, can she book 2 rooms with the BB?

Still not sure I get it! We are going late August/early sept next year, 2 rooms. First room me, DH, DD who lives in Kissimmee, and DGS. Room #2, DS, DDIL, 2 DGS's. If I get a room for DD, can she book 2 rooms with the BB?

Not sure is this answers your question, but here's how it works:

Adults in room 1, you, DH, DD, can each book one BB room and must stay on as lead guest in that room.
Adults in room 2, DS, DDIL, can each book one BB room, but must stay on as lead guest in that room.

If you book at third room for DD, and she is NOT in your room, then she can book one BB room and must stay on as lead guest in that room.

I'm trying to interpret your question, and I think it is this:

DD who lives in Kissimmee, gets a room for one night stay now just to book the BB for your trip next year. You're asking, if DD can book two BB rooms.

Answer: I don't know. I think I've heard before that you can only book one room per adult on the current reservation. So a solo person in a room could only book one BB room. Hopefully someone who "knows" will answer this for you, as I'm not sure on that.

Thanks, and yes, that is exactly what I am asking. Unfortunately I think the answer is no. I will need 2 rooms so if she can't book 2 with the BB, it does me no good. I am making my sad face here ;-(

So now after reading most of this thread I am confused.:confused3 Two years ago we booked BB at ASMo (was still included in this offer). I booked one room in my name (and DDIL) and one room in DH name (and both DS's). A few months later I switched DH and one DS to my room and switched DDIL to the other room. So DH & I were both in the same room. I had no problems doing this. Of course there were no magic bands or FP+ at the time. From what I am reading here is if we wanted to do that again this year me and DH would have to stay as the lead in each room and not be listed in the same room. I also thought I read on another site that ALL resorts would get DDP. Reading here only Mod and Deluxe get DDP and value gets QSDP. Is this correct?

Does anyone know when booking this New BB offer could you book for last day of offer and get it for your whole trip? Like if I booked for Sept. 9th would I get FD for the next week? thanks

yup, that's how free dining works. As long as you check in by the last date of the promotion, you will have it for up to 14 days.

Another question, if DD does book the room, can she use my Disney Visa for the deposit? And how much tweaking can I do later on? If we need to move the ressie a day or two one way or the other, is this possible as long as I stay within the applicable dates? I know with the GP Free Dining promotion, changes are often not possible. Is it the same with the BB?

Last edited:
yup, that's how free dining works. As long as you check in by the last date of the promotion, you will have it for up to 14 days.
The reason why I asked is because Disney keeps changing requirements and limiting perks and I'm wondering when this perk of getting FD even if you book your 1st day on last day will last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter