New Family Suites at All Star Music FAQ thread Update Page 11 New photos I took Sept.

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by minnie61650, Apr 1, 2006.

1. minnie61650

minnie61650 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I was very pleased with the fold outs. In fact I was so pleased with them that I tried to find who makes them so I could buy one for my spare room.

Turns out it made exclusly for Disney.

In fact the frame alone is made by one company (that company only sells wholesale in large bulk) and another comany finishes them.

I looked all over for somrthing simular with no luck!

----------------------

When I stated at the Suites in September of 2006,
    I opened up the chair bed and it was very conformable to lay down on. The back of the chair actually rests on the floor supporting the chair bed when it is folded out into the bed. It is pretty amazing the way they designed the pull out furniture!

The frame of the bed is metal so when I went to get of the chair bed I did feel the metal bars at the edge of the bed. But there no metal bars under the sleepers back. Just some cusions which gives added support.

[​IMG]

See how the chair seat and back of the chair have become the support for the bed.
    * NOTE the privacy curtain in the back by the bathroom room sink area.

Here is another photo of the fold out chair bed.

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------

Here are reviews of the Suites:

You can find this info on the Family suites FAQ thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409&page=1&pp=15

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. coastermom

coastermom <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach

Thanks we went with the ASM Suites over the POR. After much thought and realizing that we are never in the room and hardley ever in the pool we are better off with the suite over the POR and BC. The rooms seem to be better because they are sepereate from us the kids , there are 2 bathrooms and a kitchen which is really useful in the morning . Thanks for everyones input and I will post upon our return.

4. paper1225

paper1225 DIS Veteran

coastermom-that is the same as us-we have stayed at POR twice and really wanted more options without having to pay too much. The fold outs were really good sized-and would def. fit your ages-the couch fold out would fit two adults, it is that large! You will love the space!!!

5. coastermom

I am now very excited to go . I just hope that they sleep well. It will be a blessing for us to have TWO bathrooms . Teen and pre-teen girls and their HAIR AHHH . Looking forward to posting a review after our trip but it seems so FAR away from now . End of july early Aug. Can't wait!!:banana:

6. princess sparkle p

princess sparkle p DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Whoops, sorry. Go

We stayed in the suites Dec 1-10. LOVED THEM!!!!! We will stay there again when we go back. It was just DH and I, we dont have children yet. My 2 DBIL's also joined us for 4 days. It was soooo nice to have the extra space and the seperate bedroom. My favorite was the 2 seperate bathrooms!!! We travel with DBIL's often and sharing a room can be cramped, and well not too much fun. :teeth: It was also great to have the fridge as we always take a case of water with us.

Any questions please feel free to ask!!! :thumbsup2

7. coastermom

I am so glad you said it was plenty of room. I am looking forward to it . Did your in laws like the sleeper sofa?? This is my only concern other then that I am sure we are headed into a great vacation. We have plenty of time and are looking forward to not rushing through the parks. Last year we did 4 parks in 2 days . This was after a 5 day visit to IOA/USF and a stay at the HRH. :cool1:

8. DKM

DKM Earning My Ears

We stayed there in January. My Mom stayed on the sleeper sofa. She said it was very comfortable. No complaints what so ever. My two daughters stayed on the other two pull outs and slept like logs. Wife and I were in the bedroom. Best thing about the suites were definitely the two bathrooms! Not to mention the kitchenette just to keep juice, milk, cereal, etc. in. We loved them. I hope they make more suites. I have a feeling these will be hard to come by with all of the good reviews they are getting.

9. Mobed

Mobed Earning My Ears

How were the teen crowds at that time? We are booked for Nov. 28-Dec. 5, but I checked out the Pop Warner calendar online and they are scheduled to be there (at WDW) the 1st through the 8th, so I'm thinking of changing.

Also, how was the soundproofing between rooms? Could you hear your DBIL or their TV through the walls? It will be me, my dh, my dd7, ds5 and ds3.

Thanks for your help!

10. momsc

momsc Earning My Ears

Thank you...you just made my day! I was sitting here worried about our room at All Star music. We booked the family suite for this June 07 and now I am actually excited. These pics are priceless!:banana: :cool1:

11. MOREMICKEY4ME

MOREMICKEY4ME Mouseketeer

I have poked around this thread a bit, and I am trying to figure out who makes the furniture for the suites?
    My teen daughters share a room and they want a living room in their bedroom- the pull out chair and small sofa look great!!!
    Any suggestions would be great.

12. JL2002

JL2002 Earning My Ears

40% discount and Free Dining Plan (if offered later on) won't apply to these suites....just found out...~guess we will be keeping our reservation....shux~

13. paper1225

paper1225 DIS Veteran

I am pretty sure I know the answer.......but just trying here-when free dining is offered, can I get 40%off too? (a little disney wishing here:love: )

14. aldisneygrl

aldisneygrl <font color=green>I'm putting on my shades<br><fon

When I was there with my kids, I never heard anything. At least until they turned the TV on first thing in the morning. It automatically turns to the DISNEY favorites channel (with Stacy telling you about everything to do in the parks), and it comes on at FULL VOLUME, so Watch Out for that! :rotfl:

Linda has checked into this, and she found out that they are made exclusively for Disney. :sad2:

15. bless7ings

bless7ings DIS Veteran

16. minnie61650

minnie61650 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

aldisneygrl is correct.

I looked over for the same style pull outs that are in the Family Suites and they are made exclusively for Disney.

Here are a couple of posts from the following thread;

---------------------------

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1236271&referrerid=&highlight=

See the thread above for the whole story about my Quest to find out who makes the pull outs:

17. Elmo888

Elmo888 DIS Veteran

Booked for Feb 2008!

FYI, I tried last week to book for October, but there wasn't anything available. (I checked for October availability about a month ago, and there was still availability. These suites seem to go quickly.)

Where is the best place to request a room if we need quiet during the day (naps for young children)? It doesn't look like there are any bad locations, but we just need daytime quiet (not facing the pool?).

Thanks!

18. minnie61650

My room was on the 1st floor facing away from the pool.
    It was very quiet.

I hope you enjoy the Suites as much as DH and I did.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

19. Julie-at-home

Julie-at-home Earning My Ears

Gosh, I guess I better get calling if I want a suite for next January. Forgive me if this has already been asked.... we are going with my in-laws, so we would like a suite and they will need a regular room. Is it possible to get these rooms next to each other (not ajoined, just beside) or even NEAR each other?? I am picturing all of the suites together and am now worried that they will be upset if they can't be placed by us. Thanks.

Also, I am debating between one of these suites, and a room at POR with a trundle. Does anyone have an opinion? This is the last year my daughter will be 2 (actually one month away from 3) and considered a baby, so we can still get away with the 5 of us in one room. However, the extra space and kitchenette and extra bathroom sounds great. I need help deciding!

20. MKelley226

MKelley226 Earning My Ears

How far in advance should we book for August 2008? If we book room only now, can we upgrade to a package later?

21. aldisneygrl

aldisneygrl <font color=green>I'm putting on my shades<br><fon

We slept in most mornings. We had a room on the second floor facing the pool in bldg. #10, and noise was NOT a factor at all. I was really surprised at how quiet the rooms actually were.

They do have some of the suites that are side by side (not adjoining), but I'm not sure how many. I would make sure that you make that request on your ressie. I've never stayed at POR, so I can't help you there, but these suites were AWESOME!!!