Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

How far in advance should we book for August 2008? If we book room only now, can we upgrade to a package later?

I don't know about the package thing, but I would book the room. We booked six months out and at the time there was only two suites left. They do go fast. So should book at least six month in advance.

Gosh, I guess I better get calling if I want a suite for next January. Forgive me if this has already been asked.... we are going with my in-laws, so we would like a suite and they will need a regular room. Is it possible to get these rooms next to each other (not ajoined, just beside) or even NEAR each other?? I am picturing all of the suites together and am now worried that they will be upset if they can't be placed by us. Thanks.

Also, I am debating between one of these suites, and a room at POR with a trundle. Does anyone have an opinion? This is the last year my daughter will be 2 (actually one month away from 3) and considered a baby, so we can still get away with the 5 of us in one room. However, the extra space and kitchenette and extra bathroom sounds great. I need help deciding!

Dh and I stayed at new Family Suites at All Star Music September 21,2006.

We stayed in 0416 which is on the ground floor. Room 0418 which was next door was not a Suites so the Suites are not all grouped together.

The Family Suites are located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings.
Calypso Building 1 has 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 has 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 has 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 has 54 suites

The suites are located on all three floors, and are near each other, but none offer connecting suites. There is no price difference between the buildings.

I enjoyed having the 2 rooms.

The new family suites offer an affordable and convenient option for larger families with the amenities of a studio apartment.

Families can be together in the suite while enjoying separate sleeping areas with added privacy. Having two bathrooms will not only save time, but makes getting ready easier for the whole family. Plus, extra amenities like a microwave enable guests to prepare warm snacks and meals. With the extra room, guests can relax and recount the memories of the day before falling off to a goodnight’s sleep.

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms
------------------------------------

POR Vs. Family Suites
Comparisons:

The Family Suites has 2 seperate sleeping areas.
POR has 1.

The Family Suites are 520 square feet.
POR is 314 square feet.

The Family Suites has 2 bathrooms.
POR has 1 bathroom.

The Family Suites have 2 dressing areas with a privacy curtain.
POR has 1 dressing area with a privacy area.

The Family Suites have 2 sinks, 2 closets, 2 safes, & 2 hair dryers.
POR has 1 sink.1 closet,1 safe, and 1 hair dryer.

The Family Suites have a kitchette with a nice storage area,lots of counter space, a microwave , paper plates & bowls, plastic ware, can opener, Paper towels, fridge,& coffeee pot.
POR has a fridge &a coffee pot.

The Family Suites -Sleeps up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
POR-Sleeps up to 5 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)

The Family Suites--Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers) & 2 TVs.
POR has 2 double beds and a trundle bed&1 TV.

The Family Suites -Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
POR is a standard room.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the layout of POR:

portorleansriv.gif

POR room lay out

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

Family Suite layout
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some photos of the POR room with the trundle bed from Allearsnet:

ABbeds.jpg

ABtrundle.jpg

ABtrundleopen.jpg

the trundle bed

-------------------------------------------------

Here are some photos from the DIS resort website:

** NOTE there is a wall mounted hair dryer next to the bathroom sink.
Look at 8th and 10th phots down and you will see it.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

For more info about the All Star Resorts Please visit the FAQ thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

We are staying at an ASMU Suite from May 24 until June 3 with my in-laws. After reading all of the reviews, I think we're really going to love them.

I haven't seen this asked but is there a DVD player in either room? I can't see one in the pics so I'm guessing no. If not, are there ports to connect a portable dvd player to either one?

Thanks for your help.:)

Gosh, I guess I better get calling if I want a suite for next January. Forgive me if this has already been asked.... we are going with my in-laws, so we would like a suite and they will need a regular room. Is it possible to get these rooms next to each other (not ajoined, just beside) or even NEAR each other?? I am picturing all of the suites together and am now worried that they will be upset if they can't be placed by us. Thanks.

Also, I am debating between one of these suites, and a room at POR with a trundle. Does anyone have an opinion? This is the last year my daughter will be 2 (actually one month away from 3) and considered a baby, so we can still get away with the 5 of us in one room. However, the extra space and kitchenette and extra bathroom sounds great. I need help deciding!

I am assuming you know this, but just in case you don't... A child under 3 does not count in the total of the room. So therefore you could stay in any room that says for 4. We have a big family and went w/ my parents. We stayed at WL. Between the two connecting rooms there was 10 people. Two were under 3. We asked for two porta cribs. My kids are small so it was no problem for sleeping in a porta crib for my almost 3 child. I am not sure, but you might be able to ask for a crib? I think I have seen them. And cribs are bigger, but they take up more room! I guess if I needed a crib I would just ask for a mattress of the crib. Well I really don't know what I am talking about when it comes to knowing if there are any cribs, has anyone ever seen them?

We are staying at an ASMU Suite from May 24 until June 3 with my in-laws. After reading all of the reviews, I think we're really going to love them.

I haven't seen this asked but is there a DVD player in either room? I can't see one in the pics so I'm guessing no. If not, are there ports to connect a portable dvd player to either one?

Thanks for your help.:)

No there wasn't one in the room, but YES there were ports where you can hook up a DVD player. We did it with our travel DVD player. They were on the front of the TV. (I think)

that is nearest to the bus stop and the food court in either Buidling #1 or 10, please?:goodvibes

that is nearest to the bus stop and the food court in either Buidling #1 or 10, please?:goodvibes

We were in Calypso 10 room #356. It took all of 2-3 minutes to get to the food court and probably 4-5 min to get to the bus area. Walking there of course. Dont know about building #1. #356 was on the back side so, it was very nice and quiet back there. It wasnt facing the pool, just in case you were wanting a room that faces the pool.

I can't seem to book online (maybe this has been touched on but this is a HUGE thread :lmao: ) so I'm going to call... my question is actually this... what's the cancellation policy? If I book now does anyone know if I'd have to pay if we cancelled? November is a long way off and a lot can change in 7 months but I don't want to miss the chance of booking one of these AWESOME rooms....

I can't wait! We'll be in one of the suites in 18 days!!! (not that I'm counting..... :lmao: )

I may have missed this info but is there an iron and ironing board in the room?

too bad that discounts do not apply to the suites here!:sad2:

I can't seem to book online (maybe this has been touched on but this is a HUGE thread :lmao: ) so I'm going to call... my question is actually this... what's the cancellation policy? If I book now does anyone know if I'd have to pay if we cancelled? November is a long way off and a lot can change in 7 months but I don't want to miss the chance of booking one of these AWESOME rooms....

If you make room only reservations you make a deposit equal to one night stay and then you can cancel and have it refunded I beleive up to 5 days before your arrival.

Just had to cancel our reservation for the suites in June due to job changes in the family :sad1: We were given a 100% refund. They said we could cancel up to six days before our reservation.

I can't wait! We'll be in one of the suites in 18 days!!! (not that I'm counting..... :lmao: )

I may have missed this info but is there an iron and ironing board in the room?

Yes, Ironing board, iron, & hair dryers are in the room. Microwave and fridge as well. Kitchen sink too (nice place to clean your refillable mugs)

Just had to cancel our reservation for the suites in June due to job changes in the family :sad1: We were given a 100% refund. They said we could cancel up to six days before our reservation.

Sorry to hear that!:sad:

Is it USUALLY true that the AS suites are not able to have the free dining promo added to theM?

Yes it is there have been several post saying so.:sad2: However you can still ask for connecting rooms.:idea:

I think I read on ALLEARS (not sure though) that they will eventually be putting these family suites in all of the value resorts. Does anyone have any info on this and know when they might be completed? We're planning a Dec 2009 trip...I figure that gives us almost three years for more to be built! :banana:

One more question (well, probably the first of many!)...I read on the DIS somewhere a post from someone whose children loved the (and I'm not sure what the exact word of these are) water jets that come up from the ground that the children can run through and get wet? I assume they are by a pool but was just wondering if these are found at all the ALL STARS resorts, and if just certain ones, which ones? We are leaning toward the Family Suites and our DD will be 4. Sounds like these water jet things might be fun for all of us on a hot day :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter