Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

ljcrochet said:
View into the master bedroom
October2006270.jpg

Was this a queen-size bed? It looks small. :confused3

ljcrochet said:
It was a queen. I did not feel that I was on top of DH. We are used to a king size bed.

Thanks. That's good to know. :cool1: We are used to a King too.

What a great thread. Thanks for all the info. :sunny:

One question: I know I read that you can't do the free Dining while staying here, but what about the DDP that you pay for? Would the family suites be included in that? Thanks for your info once again.

I'm pretty sure that you can pay for the dining plan if you are staying in the family suites. I know my DH and I talked about getting the dining plan, then decided against it.

Great photos of the room. We are considering staying in one of the suites in September 2007.

Just 26 more days until we arrive at the Suites! I am so excited and I promise to add pictures & a report about the room!

paper1225 said:
Just 26 more days until we arrive at the Suites! I am so excited and I promise to add pictures & a report about the room!

Congrats!

I am looking forward to the photos and report.

I hope you enjoy the Suites as much as DH and I did.

I am so excited for you.

What a wonderful surprise for your children. :wizard:

Question for Linda, or anyone who has stayed at the suites...

My family will be staying here in Jan. Quick question. Were the suites supplied with Shampoo, soap, conditioner, etc.? Also do the suites have a hairdryer and iron? Maybe these have been answered before and I probably missed it. Thanks again for all the great information.

Patrick

aldisneygrl said:
We just returned from a stay at the All Star Music Resort. We stayed in their new Family Suites.

DS slept on the chair that folds out into a bed, and DD slept on the couch that folds out into a bed. They said that they were comfortable. I laid down on DD's bed one morning, and it was fine for me. No bar in the middle of your back. :)

We loved having separate bathrooms. The kids had one and we had the other. I really liked having the curtain for the dressing area. It gave a little privacy when you are trying to get dressed. :blush:

We loved the kitchenette. The refrigerator has a freezer section, but it never froze any of our water bottles. It just made them very cold. It did freeze my freezer packs by the time we left though.

Mousekeeping was wonderful. They kept us fully stocked with supplies. They even folded my children's clothes, that they had left on the floor, and put them neatly on the ottoman. The only thing was that they only took my mousekeeping tip one day. I put them in an envelope marked "Mousekeeping", but they must have been told not to take them. :confused3

We had two tv's, but only one remote. When I called the front desk, they sent us a new remote within thirty minutes. :thumbsup2

We stayed in Calypso 10. It was a great location. We faced the pool, but never heard any pool noise. We were very close to the main building and the small parking lot, which was great for loading and unloading the car.

Sometimes we had to park in the main parking lot, but the walk wasn't bad. The only negative thing I would say is that they aren't done with the construction of all the Family Suites, and they are set up in the parking lot. It took up quite a number of the available parking spaces. We never had trouble finding a space. It just might be a long walk back to the building. Really not bad at all.

Also, the air conditioning worked really well! It was nice to come back to a cool room after being out in the heat all day, but it got sort of cold at night while sleeping. We remedied this by taping a washcloth over the vent, so it wouldn't blow on us at night.

I would recommend these suites to anyone. It was perfect for what we wanted, which was separate sleeping areas, and a kitchenette.

ljcrochet said:
bathroom area
October2006267.jpg

Notice there is no privacy curtain

October2006266.jpg

View from bedroom into living room. Note the location of the outside door.
October2006269.jpg

We were on the first floor of Jazz 2. We were the second to last room towards the parking lot. THe last room was not a family suite. I think there was 3 family suites in a row. My FIL was 3 rooms closer to the pool from us in a regular room.
twins? we're traveling w/3 year old twins and we are booked in a family suite..how was it??

DKM said:
Question for Linda, or anyone who has stayed at the suites...

My family will be staying here in Jan. Quick question. Were the suites supplied with Shampoo, soap, conditioner, etc.? Also do the suites have a hairdryer and iron? Maybe these have been answered before and I probably missed it. Thanks again for all the great information.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Yes. They had Mickey soap and shampoo/conditioner.

soap.jpg

They had an ironing board and iron:

9-26-2006-32.jpg

They have 2 hair dryers one in each vanity area:

9-26-2006-31.jpg

They also have coffee pacs and tea bags:

9-24-2006-05.jpg

Have fun at Disney!

Hi everyone. :wave: I got back from the All Star Music Suites on Friday night. I just wanted to add that both of our bathrooms had a privacy curtain. Our bathroom layout was a little different from the one posted above (dana1003). If anyone has any questions about our stay there I would be happy to answer any questions.

The space for a family of five was great. I would consider staying in the Suites again. :thumbsup2

Linda, thank you so much again for the response and the information! Its very nice for you to take time to answer the questions. I really appreciate it. I will be sure to post a review upon our return.

Glad to hear they are comfortable for 5 people (Grumpy's wife) we will have the same amount in our suite when we are there.

For Grumpy's wife, how were the fold outs. I know Linda described them as being comfortable & very unique in design. Just getting another perspective.

Patrick

DKM said:
Glad to hear they are comfortable for 5 people (Grumpy's wife) we will have the same amount in our suite when we are there.

For Grumpy's wife, how were the fold outs. I know Linda described them as being comfortable & very unique in design. Just getting another perspective.

Patrick
Honestly my kids weren't to thrilled when they found out they were sleeping on sofa beds. My oldest is 14 and she had the sofabed to herself. My middle DD9 had the chair and my DS-6 had the ottoman. They slept very well. I guess they were too tired to complain. They slept through the night every night. I loved the space the suite gave us. Two bathrooms were a big help. I really enjoyed the fact that when you came home from the parks you could sit on the sofa or chair as opposed to sitting on the bed to watch a little TV. I would stay there again. Two thumbs up from me. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

lovesdumbo said:
Do your kids agree?
Yes I think they do. We were talking about when will we go back and I asked if they liked staying there. They all said yes. My DS is standing next to me now. I asked him if the bed was comfortable. He was on the ottoman mind you. He said yes it was. Maybe because they are new but the teenager didn't even complain that the sofa bed was uncomfortable.

Grumpy's Wife said:
Yes I think they do. We were talking about when will we go back and I asked if they liked staying there. They all said yes. My DS is standing next to me now. I asked him if the bed was comfortable. He was on the ottoman mind you. He said yes it was. Maybe because they are new but the teenager didn't even complain that the sofa bed was uncomfortable.
Thanks! My kids are small (3,5,7) so I'm sure they'd be comfortable but I'm thinking DH would like the atmosphere of POR better. I don't think the 2nd bathroom would be a big deal to us now the kids are so young. And the full price on the suite is more than a discounted single room at POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter