• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Thabo wonderful? He truly goes out of his way to make everyone's vacation magical! When DD would sleep in, he'd notice she wasn't with us and make her up a plate w/o us knowing about it, then insisting that DS bring it up to "Sleeping Beauty".
I can almost taste those chocolate croissants now!

DisneyFans4 said:
For an anniversary dinner may I suggest Palios at the Swan? The atmosphere is very romantic and the food is great!!
Have a great trip and Happy Anniversary!!!!

Thank you for your suggestion of Palio's. I was torn between this and Spoodles. I think I will go with Palio's for sure, the lobster pasta sounds heavenly to me. I have read where this restaurant is not too busy (a hidden gem!) Do you think I will need to make an ADR?

If you want to eat at "real" dinner time I would make a reservation. We went later at night after the dinner rush and just walked up. We didn't have to wait at all. Their veal is to die for!

hi, we are staying at the dolphin for three weeks in aug 06, could anyone please tell me if you need to make ps for the garden grill in the swan for breakfast, we have seen the menu's and it looks lovely, any advice greatly appreciated as this is our first stay on site and we are really looking forward to it, thanks susie2

We are going to go on a DCL in Nov 2006 and add two days to the end, at WDW. Dh and I stayed at the Dolphin last year for a weekend in Novmeber. We liked the convenience of the location but our standard room was rather nasty. Well lets say the bathroom had not been cleaned. The actual room was wonderful. Anyway~we are considering staying there again, for the location, in Novmeber 2006. This part of the vacation will be a surprise to the children. I know the F & W Festival will be going on. Will anything else special be going on during this time? I am going to try to use teacher rates during this time and get a discount. DH also has Sheraton points. Can I use a teacher rate and still you the Sheraton points for an upgrade? How soon should I try to reserve our room?

#1hockeymom said:
If you want to eat at "real" dinner time I would make a reservation. We went later at night after the dinner rush and just walked up. We didn't have to wait at all. Their veal is to die for!

I just made my ADR for Palio for Friday night, 7/1. Thank you! :goodvibes

Anyone know if the Spa is up and running yet? The website says...will be completed in 2005. :teeth: Kind of hoping it would be finished by our July trip! :rolleyes1

re: When will spa open?
I read in a newsletter I received today that it will open in August. I'll be at the Dolphin (our first "non-disney resort" stay!) in November and will have to check it out.

What is the difference between a traditional room and a deluxe room?. I tried to look it up but could not find anything?. I guess I can call but maybe some of you may have experienced them? :teeth:

BraveMom3 said:
re: When will spa open?
I read in a newsletter I received today that it will open in August. I'll be at the Dolphin (our first "non-disney resort" stay!) in November and will have to check it out.

Thanks! Bummer... :flower: Good for you though!

I was wondering what view to book if I want a chance to see fireworks from the room. I am going in August and I am not sure what view would give me the best chance to see them. I have learned a lot from this thread! Thanks in Advance!

Jerry

Jerry-
When you book just ask for an Epcot view which to me is the best. We stayed in a suite last year and I had requested an Epcot view and boy did I get it!!!! On the balcony I was looking straight at Spaceship Earth and watch Illuminations from the balcony every evening. It was truly magical!!!!
I can't wait to get back and I have requested the same view and I hope I get it.
I also can't wait to see this new spa and I hope it's open when we get there.

Thanks so much Disneyfans4, I will call and request that Epcot view right now. We are going with a 2 year old and will spend many evenings back in the room! I was so glad to get the awesome teacher discount again at the end of August!
Have a great holiday weekend everyone! :banana:

Jerry

Jerry-
Your very welcome and good luck!!!
We leave on Aug. 7 and I can't wait!!!! I put in for my Epcot view so I hope I can get it.

gm said:
What is the difference between a traditional room and a deluxe room?. I tried to look it up but could not find anything?. I guess I can call but maybe some of you may have experienced them? :teeth:
A traditional room does not have a balcony or a desirable view -e.g. resort view, Epcot view.

jer1997 said:
I was wondering what view to book if I want a chance to see fireworks from the room. I am going in August and I am not sure what view would give me the best chance to see them. I have learned a lot from this thread! Thanks in Advance!

Jerry

I am assuming you are at the Dolphin, if so, the east wing (the last wing that juts out that is closest to YC) 8th floor has spectacular views of Spaceship Earth and Illuminations.

Welcome, Jerry! As others (Mouseteacher... :wave2: ) posted here...you would have the BEST views from an UPPER floor of the FAR EAST WING! Be sure to request an "unobstructed" view (as some rooms have palms blocking a large part of the view). The rooms at the end of each wing are known as CORNER KINGS w/TURRETS!! These rooms have TWO balconies! One is the traditional balcony, and the other is a private, covered corner balcony offering a view unrivaled by any other room. If your 2~YO would be content in a heavenly crib, this room with a king bed and day sofa would be PERFECT for you!! It used to be billed as a "business" suite, as it is extra-roomy with the hidden balcony. It's very unique. I was just there for an eve about two weeks ago...and am returning this month. I'll be there in August too. Enjoy your time @ the WDW Dolphin!

I am all set for my 9 night trip to the Swan! I unfortunately need the 2 beds but did call and put in the request for a room in an upper floor in the FAR east wing. They were so nice about it and made it sound like it wouldn't be a problem. You all are so helpful and welcoming! I am sure I will be back with more questions as I get closer.
:banana: Jerry

How very neat. :goodvibes
Mouseteacher said:
Two summers ago, we celebrated our anniversary at Cali Grille. Once the waiter realized it was our anniversary, he went out of his way to make our dinner extra special! Our dessert was a comp and it had Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plate. The waiter encouraged us to walk out on the balcony there after our entrees and before dessert. He wanted us to take our time and enjoy this very special evening.

jer1997 said:
I am all set for my 9 night trip to the Swan! I unfortunately need the 2 beds but did call and put in the request for a room in an upper floor in the FAR east wing. They were so nice about it and made it sound like it wouldn't be a problem. You all are so helpful and welcoming! I am sure I will be back with more questions as I get closer.
:banana: Jerry
Anything I can do to help...just ask! You will LOVE the SWAN!! It's the favorite of MANY on this thread (Mouseteacher, for SURE!), and a lovely property. On my recent stop, I marveled at the amazing CLEANLINESS of the resort/grounds. This aspect of WDW never ceases to impress/amaze me. The variety of horticulture, the manicured lawns, shrubs and trees, the immaculate sidewalks, etc., all make for a picture-perfect setting. WALT would be so very proud (or...IS proud, as he gazes down from the heavens). :cloud9: :wizard:

One thing you mentioned, is a sure-thing. The STAFF is wonderfully accommodating and kind. They will go "out of their way" to insure you have a woderful visit. ENJOY. :goodvibes :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter