NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And speaking of those Swan Boats. Where exactly do you paddle them? Not right in the same waters that the resort boats use, right? I'd hate to get picked off by a boatload of folks headin' to Tower of Terror!

It's a larger area of water to paddle around than it looks in the photos:

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg

That's great!

A good cause, that's for sure!

And speaking of those Swan Boats. Where exactly do you paddle them? Not right in the same waters that the resort boats use, right? I'd hate to get picked off by a boatload of folks headin' to Tower of Terror!

A few questions about those Swan boats....

How old do you have to be to take one out on your own?

Can my 16 year old daughter go out with my 12 year old son?

I'm pretty big...is that a problem with the Swan paddle boats?

I couldn't find anything on the main web page for the resort that mentions Make-a-wish donation at all. Am I not looking in the right place? It seems that if allears.net mentioned it that surely the resort would mention it!

BTW, how much is it to rent the swan boats? Also was wondering what the age requirement was (with an adult).

We'll be at the Swan on the 15th for 5 nights for a sports event. My daughter will be tied up most of Friday, so we're trying to figure out a NON Pizza/Non Seafood takeout option for Friday night. Anyone familiar with Picabus menu enough to recommend something? Or maybe the Boardwalk area has some options?

Thanks!

Muttngeff, here's a few photos I took of Picabu's menu last year:

DSCN0784.jpg

DSCN0783.jpg

DSCN0782.jpg

We'll be at the Swan on the 15th for 5 nights for a sports event. My daughter will be tied up most of Friday, so we're trying to figure out a NON Pizza/Non Seafood takeout option for Friday night. Anyone familiar with Picabus menu enough to recommend something? Or maybe the Boardwalk area has some options?

Thanks!

LOL! When I first saw your post I thought Spoodles Pizza or Fish and Chips in UK in EPCOT (right inside the gate). But that's not what you want. We weren't able to use Picabu's on our Dolphin trip. But we did get take out sushi from Kimonos. Perhaps they can do some vegetarian rolls for you? We enjoyed their vegetable tempura. From allearsnet.com: The Fountain (Dolphin) lists Vegetarian Sloppy Joe; Picabu lists grilled cheese and a potato bar. Cabana Bar and Grill shows veggie wraps & burgers, salads, and fruit plate. Splash Grill shows the same as well as a Marakesh basket with hummus.
Good luck. I would not want to be trying to eat at Disney on Fridays in Lent!

Also, while doing some looking - here is more info from Allearsnet.com that may help someone:
"Gulliver's Grill Character Dinner (Walt Disney World Swan Resort) will be closed for refurbishment from April 16 - June 7, 2007. During this time, Fresh (in the Dolphin) will host the Character Buffet dinner."

I was proud of this photo so I just had to post it for those who would appreciate it! This is the view from the Swan's room 408 from our trip in Feb...

IMG_4475-1.jpg

How was your trip?? the room, food service. Pleaase tell me everything. Keep debating cancelling reservation to get DDP with a Disney Resort.

By the way, in my excitement I forgot to tell you that I love your pic...

Does anyone know if the Dolphin will have any Easter activities this year or if there will be Easter baskets for sale?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Dolphin will have any Easter activities this year or if they will have Easter baskets for sale?

Thanks!

Hi - my DHpirate: and I will be staying at the Dolphin for the first time in May. It is his birthday and I want to do something special for him. It will be the first time that we stay on Disney property. We usually stay at the Hard Rock or at the Portofino because we bring our dog with us. He is an american eskimo by the name of Dante who is spoiled rotten. My parents will be taking care of Dante during our trip in May so we decided to stay on site. I am dying to order those tuxedo strawberries for him but I do not know if they are available at the Dolphin? Does anyone have any good ideas so I can surprise him on his special day? He is turning 46. Thank you so much for your input - it is greatly appreciated. :flower3:

OK, I really need help from the Swan/Dolphin experts. My husband and I are down to our "almost" final decision. He really wants to stay at the Swan. Loves Epcot, loves the area etc. The issue is that in the back of my mind I keep thinking about the possibility of free dining during August when we are there. So here's my question. Would you give up your great location and price to get free dining and the ability to eat mass quantities of food or would you stay at the Swan and just pay OOP. If we switched it would be to CSR or WL. THe WL and Swan would be close in price if there was free dining..... PlEASE HELP!!! I am driving myself and everyone else around me nuts:eek:

OK, I really need help from the Swan/Dolphin experts. My husband and I are down to our "almost" final decision. He really wants to stay at the Swan. Loves Epcot, loves the area etc. The issue is that in the back of my mind I keep thinking about the possibility of free dining during August when we are there. So here's my question. Would you give up your great location and price to get free dining and the ability to eat mass quantities of food or would you stay at the Swan and just pay OOP. If we switched it would be to CSR or WL. THe WL and Swan would be close in price if there was free dining..... PlEASE HELP!!! I am driving myself and everyone else around me nuts:eek:

OMG, last yr I was booked at the Dolphin for a week in Aug. Ended up a split stay to enjoy 3days of free dining. Could not completely give up the Dolphin. FYI I would never do the dining unless it was free. TOO FREAKIN MUCH FOOD IN THE SUMMER!!!!! also would not give up the bed.:cloud9:

OMG, last yr I was booked at the Dolphin for a week in Aug. Ended up a split stay to enjoy 3days of free dining. Could not completely give up the Dolphin. FYI I would never do the dining unless it was free. TOO FREAKIN MUCH FOOD IN THE SUMMER!!!!! also would not give up the bed.:cloud9:

That is the BEST recommendation to date for my choice of the S/D location.

That is the BEST recommendation to date for my choice of the S/D location.

I agree! :goodvibes

That's actually why I don't make too many, (if any!), advanced dining reservations! Many the time comes that we don't really "feel" like eating, we're having too much fun and it is TOO HOT!

and.. those beds really ARE "heavenly"..... :cloud9:

We are trying to make the same choice. S/D has a fantastic cancellation policy, so we made a ressie with them. IF free dining is released I will worry about it then. I've been told not to book a "just-in-case" ressie at WL since you aren't guaranteed there will be enough availability to apply the discounted dining to your reservation. I couldn't see an advantage to booking WL now unless I was definitely staying there. If you love the EPCOT resort area that much, then you should definitely get a room at S/D.

Disney owned hotels (not the Swan and Dolphin) did a promotion the last 2 years in the fall where you purchased a package with full-price room and at least one day of tickets and were given the Disney Dining Plan at no additional charge (regularly $38 per adult per day, not sure of the kid price). This entitles you to 1 snack, 1 counter service meal, and one table service meal per person each day. Quite a discount if you will use it to it's full advantage. You can read other threads on the Resort board about the free dining packages (including lots of speculation for this year) and on the Restaurant board about how the dining plan works.

Swan and Dolphin guests cannot participate in the Disney Dining Plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter