NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I haven't read through the entire thread so I apologize if this has already been answered but is it possible to guarantee a king bed? Also does anyone know where the smoking wing/floor is located? Thanks in advance! :sunny:

I have a couple of questions for some of you points experts. I just tried to reserve a room at the Dolphin with points and it says the maximum to a room is 4! Is this something new? Or do they only let you use points for 4 or less? Has anybody with 5 in their party used points to reserve a room or is this going to be a problem? Also do they charge extra on top of your points if you have more than 2 adults in a room purchased with points? (traveling with dh, dd and 2 "adult" sons)
Thanks so much! I thought this was going to be the easy part of the trip! :flower3:

I called the Dolphin and as usual they made me feel much better. 5 in a room is still ok even with points. I was petrified that they were going to tell me that we could not stay there because of some new rule allowing only 4 in a room or points only paying for 4 in a room or something. I am so glad that we have a room now but I am still wondering if they will charge for more than 2 adults in a room if room is paid for with points? Thanks as always for all the wonderful advice. Everyone on the DIS is so incredibly helpful!
:rotfl: (feeling very relieved)

Hi Cindermom, I need to ask did you ask the hotel if you had more then two adults in the room what the result would be price wise? Are there going to be more than two adults in the room? If the answer is yes I would expect them to charge an additional $25.00 plus tax per extra adult in the room.

You might want to check with them on the price if you want peace of mind.

Long story here, but earlier this week when I called the Dolphin to check availabilty, there was. A few days later, got all my other plans finalized, call back to book the Dolphin and it's BOOKED! Yes, I have my heart set at staying at the Dolphin. It's not appearing that I can change my dates. What could have happened in a matter of days that now it's "sold out". And do you think there is any chance of something becoming available? I'm looking early May.

We loved our stay at the dolphin! The beds were great. Our view was pretty nice. I had hoped for a view of epcot but ended up with a beach/pool view. That worked well for my son who loved watching people out there, especially the man who smoothed the sand each morning. My sister and I stayed on the romance package that we booked online since it was cheaper than the rate the hotel gave me and it included breakfast, valued up to $50 per day. The location was fantastic. The staff was great. We were in a crash right after arriving and they sent someone to pick the kids and my sister up and then sent up a basket of candy, etc. for the kids. Due to so many people checking in, a lot of luggage was backed up at the bell desk. I was worried that it might take a while if we used bell services and after the crash, needed to get the kids stuff pretty quick to get them changed and settled. I asked the bellman about it and the luggage actually made it to the room before we did. The only problem (which was minor) was that the majority of our tv channels didn't come in clearly but as long as we had disney for my daughter, we were fine. I would definitely stay here again.

4DisneyfansinNC said:
Long story here, but earlier this week when I called the Dolphin to check availabilty, there was. A few days later, got all my other plans finalized, call back to book the Dolphin and it's BOOKED! Yes, I have my heart set at staying at the Dolphin. It's not appearing that I can change my dates. What could have happened in a matter of days that now it's "sold out". And do you think there is any chance of something becoming available? I'm looking early May.

The same thing happened to me too. The reservationist said both the Dolphin and Swan were sold out 5/10-5/14 due to a convention. I ended up reserving the first week in May instead. Keep checking...I hope you find something!

SuziQ said:
The same thing happened to me too. The reservationist said both the Dolphin and Swan were sold out 5/10-5/14 due to a convention. I ended up reserving the first week in May instead. Keep checking...I hope you find something!
UGH! That's exactly when I needed it! Doesn't it figure?!? :sad1:

paras4ri said:
Ta Dahhh....the refillable mugs!!!!!

f4f9edb0.jpg

Can I use the mugs at the Dolphin we had in the past ?
We have the same mugs which are in the picture above. :cool1: We would love to pack our mugs to use again.

Thanks for any advice !

My family and I like the Swan because it is not as large and we have small children. Our oldest is at the age where walking a little ahead is very important to her. The Swan lobby is smaller, thus she feels very big when she leads us around. Have fun on your trip. Graciepooh

Hi all (long time no chat)
We are staying at the Dolphin for a week and then on our last day (check out) we are getting car from Alamo (at the Dolphin).
Questions:
How does that work - do they have cars onsite or do you go elsewhere and get it? Is it a long process?
Since we are checking out do we have to pay to park if we are leaving after we get the car?

I hate to sound like an idiot but in all our trips we have never had a car so I have no clue about renting one there or about parking there.

We are then driving to Vero Beach and then coming back for another week!
I am very, very excited! :banana:

Just trying to sort out the logistics! Thanks!

Hello,

I think I may be able to help.

First, car renting is REALLY easy at the Dolphin.

The hours are limited at the counter so remember, they are open from 9 to 4pm. You need to get you car in that time. I missed this time two days in a row and I was still able to get a car, but I felt kind of stupid. They are not open on Sundays.

They have the cars onsite in the parking lot. You will be given a key to the car. You can give it to the vallet who will bring it around, for free. Then for the rest of the stay, you can self park 8 or 9 dollars or vallet for 14 or 15. The parking lot is a bit of a hike if you do not get a close space, so for the extra, I would just vallet it.

The renting process takes a few minutes.

I hope this helps!

Trying to read all, but this thread is so long.
Can you help?
We will checkin to Dolphin at the end of president's week (2/24) for 1 week. DH has a convention with class everyday from 9-5 so we won't see him for most park touring. I will have DD (10 mos.) and be alone with her most of the time she's awake. We've never travelled with her before. Please give me your tips.
We've never stayed there. The resort is sold out before we arrive and the day we leave.
1. What are my chances of getting the king bed we requested at our convention rate of $184? I think we need the space for a pack-n-play.
2. Also, do people with infants always get a crib when they request them here? Is it a pack-n-play style or something else? There is a crib request on our ressie as well as king, non-smoking, and upper floor. Who should I call?
3. Where can I find a map of the Dolphin (esp. pools and amenities like food court and laundry)?
4. Is the boat faster than walking to MGM or EPCOT?
5. What about microwaves for warming bottles?
6. What's the best way to help her get naps and early to bed when we're sharing a Dolphin room and there's no private areas to close off?
7. How is MEARS for getting to and from S/D with an infant? I'm seriously considering Tiffany towncar instead.
8. Are there sufficient baby sundries close by if we forget something, or do I need additional transportation to the grocery store?
9. Do I request early housekeeping via phone or hang a card on the door if I want the room made in the a.m.
10. My convention brochure says that internet, local calls and health club are included in our rate. So this is in lieu of the a la carte fees I see elsewhere?
So long! I'm full of questions. Thanks!!!

BlueFairy said:
Trying to read all, but this thread is so long.
Can you help?
We will checkin to Dolphin at the end of president's week (2/24) for 1 week. DH has a convention with class everyday from 9-5 so we won't see him for most park touring. I will have DD (10 mos.) and be alone with her most of the time she's awake. We've never travelled with her before. Please give me your tips.
We've never stayed there. The resort is sold out before we arrive and the day we leave.
1. What are my chances of getting the king bed we requested at our convention rate of $184? I think we need the space for a pack-n-play.
2. Also, do people with infants always get a crib when they request them here? Is it a pack-n-play style or something else? There is a crib request on our ressie as well as king, non-smoking, and upper floor. Who should I call?
3. Where can I find a map of the Dolphin (esp. pools and amenities like food court and laundry)?
4. Is the boat faster than walking to MGM or EPCOT?
5. What about microwaves for warming bottles?
6. What's the best way to help her get naps and early to bed when we're sharing a Dolphin room and there's no private areas to close off?
7. How is MEARS for getting to and from S/D with an infant? I'm seriously considering Tiffany towncar instead.
8. Are there sufficient baby sundries close by if we forget something, or do I need additional transportation to the grocery store?
9. Do I request early housekeeping via phone or hang a card on the door if I want the room made in the a.m.
10. My convention brochure says that internet, local calls and health club are included in our rate. So this is in lieu of the a la carte fees I see elsewhere?
So long! I'm full of questions. Thanks!!!

Well let's see... For a look at the Dolphin go to swandolphin.com and explore the resort there. You can also make special reservation request at the site. Click on the Dolphin and then reservations and then click and special request. This is where I always make request for the "king" bed and the crib for the baby. Which by the way is an almost full size crib not a pack and play. When you arrive I would tell them you want am housekeeping and give them appox. time you can call housekeeping from your room when you arrive. You will find some baby goods at "Tubbi's" but it can be pricey. You can also find things at the parks in the baby care centers. We usually take the boat to Epcot and MGM. The boat that goes to MGM is the next stop from the Dolphin so it gets you there very quick. As for the one to Epcot it makes 2 stops one at the Beach Club and then onto the Boardwalk before arriving at Epcot. It still only takes about 10 minutes so its a nice boat ride. You can walk but you will usually not beat the boat but arrive about the same time. YOu will love the location of the resort. I would also like to add that you should join Starwood if you have not already and see if that helps you get the king bed along with a nice view! When you go to the site to make your special request I would also add you would like a corner King room with Epcot view this will give you 2 great views. I would also go with the Town Car Vs. Mears. Good Luck and Happy Planning. :)

www.starwood.com
www.swandolphin.com

I am a Starwood member but I don't know if I am a Gold member. Can I upgrade to Gold?? What are the perks??? Do any of the rooms at Dolphin face Tower of Terror?? Do any rooms include breakfast?? Thanks

ok - my eyes are getting crossed just trying to read all of the posts whew! :rotfl: Anyway, one question - can the disney dining plan be used at the Swan and/or Dolphin?!

Thanks for your help!!! :flower3:

Thanks! Good to know about the crib. We were contemplating bringing our pack-n-play, but she's not used to napping in it.

We had a special online form for the convention reservation, so I did make those requests, but was not able to request view, and of course, I had to leave the Starwood number blank. I used your link to join Starwood. Here is the message I just sent to group reservations:
"Dear Dolphin Group Reservations, I am a Starwood Preferred Guest, member # xxxxxxx. Please make note of this in the reservation below. Also, since this is our first trip to the Dolphin Resort I would love to get a corner King room with Epcot view. A king is important to us so that we can have room for our little one's crib. Thank you!"

Also, I will definitely be calling housekeeping.
Re: cribs, is there room to move around if you have one of those in a double room? I'm wondering worst case since the resort will be so busy and we might not get the king.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter