New DVC Member Cards coming next month.

I was finally able to order & receive new membership cards at the end of April 2016 only after I had created DVC Vacation Club Accounts for my children and my wife. It took about 6 weeks to get them after requesting them online. It was a pain. We never needed the online DVC accounts for the entire family before. Perhaps it was more complicated for me because all of us are on the deed? I made several calls to DVC and they were nice but were no help other than to direct me to the website area to order the cards. I had received a letter in the fall of 2015 saying new cards would be sent out automatically. As I said in a previous post the new cards were never issued automatically and the temporary cards printed online got for our last trip were questioned as legitimate by one cast member until we showed her our old original card too. Our new member cards have expiration date of 12/31/2021.
This member card situation is not being handled well by Disney. It is not a huge deal, just aggravating to have to explain what is going on to several nice cast members who obviously have not bee told by management about the changes.

Still no new cards. Here we are a month past when they said everyone should have them (I believe by 4/1) Became a new member officially in December (resale). I did go online and submitted for new cards. I should have written down the date but my guess is that it was at least a month ago. I will give it another couple of weeks and then give MS a call.

I too did not receive the spring disney files, but went on a chat on DVC site and they mailed it to me within a week w/ two magnets. I thought at first it was our cards, but no such luck. They had me look at my account to see if i was set up to receive mailings and I was, so no clue as to why i am not receiving anything. I also never received any mailings about the 25th anniversary stuff either.

I was finally able to order & receive new membership cards at the end of April 2016 only after I had created DVC Vacation Club Accounts for my children and my wife. It took about 6 weeks to get them after requesting them online. It was a pain. We never needed the online DVC accounts for the entire family before. Perhaps it was more complicated for me because all of us are on the deed? I made several calls to DVC and they were nice but were no help other than to direct me to the website area to order the cards. I had received a letter in the fall of 2015 saying new cards would be sent out automatically. As I said in a previous post the new cards were never issued automatically and the temporary cards printed online got for our last trip were questioned as legitimate by one cast member until we showed her our old original card too. Our new member cards have expiration date of 12/31/2021.
This member card situation is not being handled well by Disney. It is not a huge deal, just aggravating to have to explain what is going on to several nice cast members who obviously have not bee told by management about the changes.

It's not all for naught that you did that though. If anyone moves or has a change of contact info, that has to be done under the specific individual's login as well. Thus, it could come in handy down the road sometime. Each deeded owner has the exclusive legal right to manage his or or her own information. That's why it's done that way.

In the event no one noticed :).

The original "new membership cards coming" announcement was made in December, 2015. The wording was "NEXT MONTH". Based on this? All cards should have been SHIPPED by January, 2016.
We have our cards.... and are thankful.

Now - all personal opinion - DVC has repeatedly said to CALL if you have not received card, or cards. I personally would suggest that you take them up on that offer.... and yes, it may very WELL become a telephone nightmare for them :). It's what they ASKED you to do - feel no guilt :).

We've been members since 1996. We still don't have new cards. We've called. We've emailed. I honestly don't know what else to do.

We received our 25th anniversary mailer with both of our cards inside somewhere between April 17 and May 8th as the silver envelope was in our hold mail from the post office during our recent cruise to Europe. I had already ordered a duplicate card for our upcoming June trip before we cruised from Houston on April 17th, so I expect another card will show up in a few weeks too.

Never got the 25th anniversary mailer.
Just (today) got my card, but none for my DW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter