NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called the Dolphin Reservations, and they said that this rate is good for the night of your birthday, ending Feb. 28, 2003. I've been wanting to know this myself for trip planned in June for DH's birthday. Too bad for me. Hope you can take advantage.

(SO, STOP BY MORE OFTEN...I know you're busy w/WL thread, but I MISS YOU! Hope your Holiday's were GREAT! ;) )

Jgates...I believe you are correct, and yes I did hear/read something about the TV IA upgrades. CL usually won't charge you for checking your email, etc. They are really nice about this, as I have seen others using the net (complimentary) too. I still prefer the Laptop, as I have a nice little VAIO and samsonite portable office on wheels (slimline w/retract handle). I also have wireless I.S., so do not have to hook up to the data port for modum access. Of course, on my last few trips...I only used this feature to PAY BILLS using online banking. This, of course, is a necessity when traveling during the summer (on extended sojourns). If only BILLS weren't a part of the scenerio. I log-on, pay them with one quick swipe, and then wash my hand/memory of them! Vacations are an ESCAPE from the norm, and the NORM includes BILLS! LOL.:p

I wish you ALL good fortune with the crap-shoot PRICELINE! Let us all know if you are successful in obtaining ressies at the Dolphin/Swan using this online site, and what price you were able to obtain. Also, good luck with the Birthday Rate (While still applicable!). I was actually "granted" this last summer for an eve in the exec suite on DD's Birthday (our last week there). We spent the extra $$ on the Teppan Grill in Japan, and some gifts for DD (included a Steiff from Germany!). ;) It was a wonderful surprise! Sorry to see this promo end.

Oops! I accidentally posted this on the main resorts board, so I'll try again. I saw on page 47 that someone had an April reservation for 2 rooms with the second one at $100. Sounds great... but when I call Swan/Dolphin reservations they say that deal ended. Any secrets for getting this rate? Thanks!

TammyC...go back to the page you saw this (47) and contact the original poster (uwbadger29). Send this poster a PM or EMAIL and inquire about the rate. I believe this rate ends when the 100 Magic Celebration ends (January). I know there is usually a special rate of "some kind" during the summer months promoting a "two-room" reservation. Please, call the Dolphin directly and inquire about these promotions. ;)

Ahh...I just booked a two-night stay in the Cottage Inn by the Sea in Pismo Beach for this weekend. We will be there Friday/Saturday eves! The place is so beautiful (our third stay), and cozy. We reserved a deluxe Ocean View Cottage. The link is: www.cottage-inn.com. We will also visit F. MClintock's Steakhouse Friday eve (one of our favs). Visit this @ www.mclintocks.com. We then will travel to the San Luis Obispo DRIVE-IN theater (the Sunset drive inn), located across from the famous MADONNA INN. ;) Saturday, we'll play at the beach, and visit the Apple Farm for Dinner. See the place @ www.applefarm.com. We have stayed there before also, and enjoyed the lodging. The food is great, and the atmosphere is so old country! :) So...we are looking forward to another small trip, away from the hustle and bustle of every day life! DD is taking finals this week...so we are going to "unwind" at the Ocean on the Coast just above us! I love sharing these little trips...(22 days ago I was in San Francisco at the Westin St. Francis!)...which keep me "primed" for our trip to WDW & the DOLPHIN! TTFN....HAPPY DAY! I made MORE reservations today! LOL! :p ;)

Hi folks, I'm new to this board so please bear with me. I looked through the thread as much as I could, but didn't see anything on a Swan Studio... I just booked one through Gov't rate for Nov. for 199/nite, incl club priv. It is on 12th floor.
Has anyone ever stayed in this room? I would love to know what it is like, re: beds, view, space, etc. we are three kids and two adults...I know it's a matter of opinion, but is this our best bet for the $$? Budget is a factor, and while we have an SPG card (on your generous advice) we have no points yet!
You all have been so helpful in choosing my accomodations, TIA!!
P.S. This will be our first trip to WDW and we are so excited!!

Do they still give you a coupon book for Tubbies, etc. at check-in? Do you have to ask for it?

Tia....WOW, you have done very well for your initial visit to WDW & The SWAN! The studio at this price is absolutely your best bet...and is only a few bucks more than a standard room (at the Gov't Rate). when you see the suite, you will be extremely pleased with yourself for securing this rate! ;) I am not sure of the layout of this suite, but recall someone posting about it earlier. There are "many" helpful folks on these threads, and someone will help you out with your specific query. :)

Samsma...the coupon books are still available, but MUST be requested (sometimes a bit forcefully) at the time of check-in (or at the front desk). There are FAB coupons in this book, and since they never expire...they are good year after year (unused portion). I LOVE the buy one get one free (alcohol) drink coupon for the lobby bar & lounge. Great deal....and yummy frozen treats too! Make sure to obtain a booklet when you arrive. ;)

Tia

I also looked at the Swan Studio at the Govt rate. You said you have two adults and 3 kids. I was told that the studios are one King bed and a pull-out sofa. I asked if it was available with two queens and was told no. I don't know how that set-up will work with five of you.

DF ~ Your weekend trip sounds heavenly particularly to me who is encased in frigid temperatures! The idea of going to the beach in January is just a dream for us in the Boston area. So, please share details upon your return so I can dream. ;)
We have a long weekend this weekend in MA - it is MLKing holiday.

kathmzh - How wonderful for you - a great rate at a wonderful resort and your first trip to the mouse's house! I will never forget my first experience at Disney. It is so magical. I hope you will feel the same.

Thanks for allyour good wishes and comments! I actually plan to get a rollaway for my third child, which I forgot to mention in my post, so from what I understand we should all fit just fine. I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in one of these, though, and get your opinion!

Hello all! I know this is off topic but wanted you to know we are having a Darling Son! I am still in shock! We went today for a Level II sonogram and everything looks great. The doctor said "if I see the sex of the baby do you want to know" ? Well after 4 little girl sonograms, we kind of know what we are looking for. DH says I can already tell you I have a son! We are thrilled, although we were really expecting another precious girl, a son is a new adventure for all of us. Can you imagine these "big sisters" they are going to spoil him rotten. He should make someone a good husband someday...lol!

I love reading about all your adventures to the "World". I cannot wait to take our family back to see Mickey! We are trying to plan a trip for next spring.

Have fun planning to all of you!

Robin, Kirk, Ashley, Rachel, Monica, Sarah and Baby boy!

Congratulations!!!!! I am due in June and went for my sonogram too early (16 weeks)...and they couldn't tell me the gender yet. UGGGHHHHHH. It will be a long few months till I find out. I wish you and your family the very best. Enjoy your precious little prince!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am ELATED by the news, and pray for a wonderful pregnancy...and a Healthy/Happy BABY BOY!! :bounce: AWESOME! Yes...he will be SPOILED by the older sibs (especially girls). My older sis and I spoiled our little bro, and baby sis as well!! LOL! :p They (babies of the family) make fabulous spouses, as my DH is a baby (four older sibs). Two brothers and two sisters took VERY GOOD Care of him. He's so easy-going and kind-hearted...factors I attribute to his birth order/place! Thanks for BRIGHTENING my DAY!!

Mouseteacher...we too have the Long weekend, and are taking advantage of it! I'll be sure to post details of the trip..lending some "vicarious" travels for your mind! ;) I would TRADE with you, and LOVE to be in the S-N-O-W, making some Angels w/DD and Snowmen w/DH! ;)

Tia...the rollaway is a great idea, and will make the suite all the more roomy. Club level at the Swan is HEAVENLY, with MAMA T at the helm. I'm so excited for you and your family...your first trip together. I'll never forget ours (as a family w/DD) and the special memories we captured. Frozen moments...glimpses of ourselves, in the MAGIC forever! You are on your way to a wonderful time, as you are setting the foundation by planning properly (accomodations). Do you have your tickets yet? Any ideas? Rental cars, Airlines, etc.? The "journey" is just as exhilarating as the "destination" (To IMAGINE, IS EVERYTHING!) IMOHO! :p

DF99, your weekend trip sounds fantastic! Post all the details as we want to hear about WARM weather! It is COLD here in CT!

Congratulations Mom Poppins! A baby boy! So happy for you!

Muffy

Does club level at the Swan include itinerary planners or someone to help you get all of those elusive, hard to get priority seatings? Like Cinderella's table? My friend will be there in April and has not heard from anyone over there yet. Thanks!!

Does club level at the Swan include itinerary planners or someone to help you get all of those elusive, hard to get priority seatings? Like Cinderella's table? My friend will be there in April and has not heard from anyone over there yet. Thanks!!

MomPoppins......Yea........congratulations! Sooo happy for you. You are right, that little guy is going to be spoiled rotten. What fun!

Kath.......Yes, I stayed in that CL room on the 12th floor. It is room 1280 and the only jr suite/studio on that floor. It is one big room, in the corner, with a wet bar across the back wall, a table and 4 chairs near that, a King bed, a pull out sofa in front of the one window and a large armoir with TV and mini bar and drawers underneath. There is a hallway to the bathroom with a large closet and safe and an absolutely HUGE bathroom. We had 4, but also had a roll away because I have older children. There was plenty of room. I will try to post some pictures of the room soon, as soon as I upload them to Image Station. I have to admit that I took the pictures, but the room was a bit messy! There was plenty of room in the bathroom for a rollaway...LOL, just to give you an idea! You will love it. Two small children can sleep on the pullout sofa. Hope this helps. We also loved the Club Level. They will help you make any ressies while the CL is open, just ask. Also, Starwood called the week before we left to see if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfy or if we had any questions. Have fun.

Carol

CONGRATS, MomsPoppins. I have 2 DS and boys are a joy! Although it would have been nice to have a DD but it wasn't to be. So I spoil my niece instead! ;)

Ozziewags, thanks so much for posting so soon about the Swan Studio! It sounds great and it sounds like you and your family enjoyed it!! Can't wait to see your pix.
PoppinsMom, congrats! Boys are so much fun, you have so much to look forward to!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter