NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just secured ressies at the Swan Club Level the first week of August!!! :):) I can't wait! I stayed at the Swan during Dis Con, but not at Club Level, so I am really looking forward to this! Just wanted to share my joy!! LOL! :)

We are planning on ging to Dolphin 4/19-4/26 with 2 families. Have secured the magic 100 rate (169 & 100 per nite), joined starwood preferred), any other suggestions to make this trip the best for the 2 familiies and the many first timers (2 seven year olds , one 9yr old, and 2 adults)? We are obviously looking for $ saving suggestions

77 WD
78 WD
80 Poly
92 FW
96 CBR

I just checked on my reservation and it says King bed, grab bars, etc indicating that it is a "disabled" room like I need. Now for the questions: Does anyone know if there are disabled rooms on club level?------and do I have a chance for a comp upgrade to one if I request it at check-in?------or would it be better to request one now? (I do have the Starwood Preferred card)

PS--going 5/31-6/6

Wow I didn't know they were still doing the magic 100 rate. how long are they doing this for, I might get that myself.

Originally posted by ddawg
Hi Dreamflight99. I really loved that ride (Dreamflight). It is to bad they closed it.
I have a question:
[SPG Platinum gets an "automatic" upgrade to the best deluxe room/jr.suite available]
Have you ever received a complimentary upgrade to a two bedroom executive suite?

Me Too....(wah....wah):( ~Silly ride was one of my "sentimental" favorites. I usually only fly Delta, (official carrier of WDW). When DD was 3 or 4, she went on the attraction~and fell in love. She recognized the logo immediately, and knew it was "her plane" (her magic transport...to the MAGIC). Over the years we video taped and photograped the entire ride. We sang the song together (On a Delta Dreamflight...), and laughed about the persons seemingly frozen in the scenes...year after year. Continuity...and a sense of comforting recognition, is one of life's best aspects. It was just one of those little "connections" in our personal microcosm. I was disheartened to see it go...and will be "devastated" if they ever remove my beloved "Carousel of Progress" (It's a GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW"...shining at the end of every day). Yes, Walt, thanks to you...it truly is a great big beautiful tomorrow. ;)

On the Plat. SPG auto upgrade....the answer is "No", but not for Lack of trying!! LOL. Each year we reside in this suite at the Dolphin, for more than a month. The best I can do is 50% off...which is GREAT! The Jr. suite is nice, but we all love the spaciousness/feel (house-like) of the big exec. suite, especially for extended sojourns. The suites are a properties "bread and butter", so I'm still surprised they offer free upgrades to the Jr. Suite, and half off the larger suites. Nothing else like this in the industry...believe me~I know!!:p ;)

Does anyone have any more info regarding highspeed internet access at the dolphin? On spg it says there is a daily $ but no mention of how much.

Beanie ~

I am so happy for you! You're all set to go - now the wait, the planning and the anticipation begins. I find that just as much fun as being there - well... not quite! LOL

We are back from the Dolphin! We had a wonderful stay there. It is just as beautiful and grand as I expected. It did not let me down one bit! We had a Jr. suite on the very end of the west wing. At first i was a little disapointed to not get the east wing but not for long. This suite was great! If you looked to the left you could see Illuminations and to the right, fantasmic! We had so much room for the 3 of us. Club level was great also. Every morning we had breakfest there. We were at the dolphion 7 nights and then switched to AKL for 7 nights. AKL was great too with the animals outside our window but I prefered the Dolphin! We truly did not have one disapointment. It was just the best 2 weeks!

We did the vistana tour for the 10,000 points. It took exactly 90 min and was well worth it. There was no pressure, just a tour and free breakfest. It is a beautiful property but we prefer being on site. I would recommend this tour for the points to anyone that gets the call!

Happy trip planning to all the S/D fans on this board!

Muffy

Disnurse...IA at the Dolphin is included in the daily resort fee. Gold/plat members may use the phone FREE of charge for up to 60 minutes at a time. If you need longer, disconnect and reconnect to avoid costly charges. The phones have data ports, and are simple to use. They also have more than one line, and speaker phones. Very nice!!

Mousteacher....Yes, Planning and anticipating IS the next best thing to being there. Dreaming...can take me there at a "moment's notice" and change my entire perspective/mood! :p

Muffy...Thanks for the lovely post about your Dolphin stay. I'm thrilled to read you enjoyed the Dolphin CL, and your Jr. Suite. I'll bet the AKL seemed "tiny" after staying in the suite! Do you by chance have a number/name for the person you planned the tour through (Vistana)? I have never received this call, and probably won't as I reserve directly through the resort. Any help would be appreicated. Just PM me with the info, thanks! ;)

I just got the Dolphin for my parents on priceline for 1/14-16th for 69.00/night!!! I don't expect an upgrade or anything but could I get some quick advice on a room request...I don't have time to read the whole thread!! Are the rooms at the Dolphin renovated yet?? I am just sooooooo thrilled! My Mom could not believe shes staying at the real S/D....I just hope they get a decent room..priceline rooms make me a little nervous..

Thanks!!
Sue

What a GOLDEn Day!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I just got the Dolphin for my parents on priceline for 1/14-16th for 69.00/night!!! I don't expect an upgrade or anything but could I get some quick advice on a room request...I don't have time to read the whole thread!! Are the rooms at the Dolphin renovated yet?? I am just sooooooo thrilled! My Mom could not believe shes staying at the real S/D....I just hope they get a decent room..priceline rooms make me a little nervous..

Thanks!!
Sue

What a GOLDEn Day!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

About a week before we left I got the call from Starwood about the Vistana tour, but didn't want to spend the extra time touring, but sure would have liked the 10,000 points.
I also reserved directly through the hotel, but got the call anyway. I think they will call all Starwood members close to your trip. Not sure, but seems that way. I definitely would have gone with a 2 week trip! They pick you up and return you.

Sue...what WONDERFUL NEWS! WOW...the Dolphin for pennies! The rate is too good to pass. Don't worry about the rooms, at that price, you're definitely getting your $$$'s worth. The rooms are all decorated nicely, etc. You may ask for a nice view, etc. upon check-in, and if anything is available...they may surprise you with a preferred view. Just don't get your hopes up. For this rate, the "closet" would be a Deal!! I'm so happy for you and your DP's. A GOLDEN/MAGICAL day indeed. :) :) :)

Ozzie....I agree about Vistana. It all depends on how long you're staying, and your plans while there. Since we're there for an extended period of time, it will be advantageous for us to take the 90 minutes for 10,000 SPG points!

Muffy...Thanks for the PM and the info. I'll keep you in touch with the plans! ;)

Is the internet access in the rooms or is there a machine in the lobby? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

msim...there are data ports for Laptops in the room phones, and also a machine around the corner from the concierge (just ask). ;)

DF - weren't they in the process of installing actual internet on the TV ?? I was sure I read that somewhere. I know it was available at Renaissance World Golf Village in St Augustine (where they left our door wide open all day after cleaning:mad: ) but I believe it was $10 for a 24 hour period there. I was sure I read that S/D was going to be doing this too because I remember thinking - NO HAULING THE LAPTOP!!!

When we were there in July the conceirge fee for IA was .69 per minute I believe but since I started having connection problems after awhile she didn't charge me anything. Is hat something that actually was included in Club Level? (I didn't pay anyway so it really didn't matter but just checking). If it stayed at .69 per minute we'd be better off cleaning out our email at the .25 per minute terminals in the parks. But if they do offer it in the rooms for a flat rate per day you know where I'll be!!!

Wow! What a bargain!

Can you (or someone?!) please please please explain to me how you use priceline? It seems like a crapshoot to me. I couldn't even figure out how to try to bid a price on a particular hotel! (let alone Dolphin! Tried it again just now!) Basically you can choose a Disney vicinity hotel or resort (which one to click? resorts? or 4 star deluxe or 3 star deluxe/etc?) and then name a price and then put in your credit card and cross your fingers?
It says it will charge you if they accept. If WHO accepts? It just seems weird to me to not even bid on a certain hotel -just throw your money out there at a certain amount and then find out after you pay WHERE you'll be staying?

Is there a way to bid on Swan or Dolphin specifically? If so, please let me know! What a bargain price you got!Congratulations! :) (I'm staying at ASMu for not much less than that! $55 a night!)

It was my first time with priceline and yes it is a crap shoot,lol! Read the FAQ on www.biddingfortravel.com they explain everything. Their boards are not like the DIS however. They want you to do your homework before you post. They have a list of "Resort" level hotels that come up at WDW on priceline. You could get anyone of them. Make sure the S/D has availablity before you bid and remember to use your free "rebids" Example resort level is only available (I think) at WDW vicinity and Universal so you can add other areas to your bid without increasing your price. I am no expert...good luck!

:confused: Can anyone tell me about this magic 100 rate that I keep hearing about? I heard it was available if you are staying over on your birthday. Am I correct? Is the rate applicable to just the day of your birthday? Do they offer it at both Swan & Dolphin? How long is the promo running? Would appreciate any info.:bounce:

...Just popped in to say "Happy New Year" and may your Disney vacations be filled with excitement and adventure!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter