Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread, thansk for all of the information and the photos. We will be at WL from 7/9 to 7/14 (I know, I know). Just can't wait. We have been to WDW many times, as a young couple, with 2 kids, with 3 and now with our first Grandkid, always had great experiences. This is our first time staying on-site so doing my planning with that in mind.

Quick question for the families out there, we are bringing our 19month old Grandson, can we ask for a crib or should we bring our own pack'n'play ?

I will be on the boards more frquently now, enjoying the tips.

Thanks

N

Great thread, thansk for all of the information and the photos. We will be at WL from 7/9 to 7/14 (I know, I know). Just can't wait. We have been to WDW many times, as a young couple, with 2 kids, with 3 and now with our first Grandkid, always had great experiences. This is our first time staying on-site so doing my planning with that in mind.

Quick question for the families out there, we are bringing our 19month old Grandson, can we ask for a crib or should we bring our own pack'n'play ?

Thanks

N

You can ask for a pack n play.

I may be part of the issue. We are staying at WL for the first time June 18-25 and are celebrating our DD's birthday on the 19th and our 10th anniversary, which is June 7th rather celebrate a little late at WDW.

WdwKook I have enjoyed reading over the thread and learning, and so excited for our upcoming stay.

Oh, 2 eeyores!

we are going to have the BEST Time!

I think you need two desserts: One cake for DH's birthday at the restaurant and how about some delicious anniversary chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the room?View attachment 88589

So that's what happened:scratchin. Actually, I'm probably entirely to blame, but I'll get the Lodgers' Log all straightened out before the IRS audit.

I'm glad you've enjoyed reading through the thread and we're excited for your stay, too!

I love your humor - and I love how you are dedicated to keeping us informed and up to date! Thank you! ::worship::

Chocolate Covered Strawberries?! :love:

WHERE do I order those! That is a perfect suggestion!

Just called about the "Free Dining" offer. a) It would require us to go through some pretty significant logistical hoops to check in a day earlier than we'd planned and b) the only room type available for "Free Dining" for our time, including the extra day at the front end, was Deluxe, which would almost double our reservation cost over our current courtyard room. Thanks, but no thanks! Almost the entire month of October is blacked out: 3.5 weeks out of 4.5 weeks. I'll just have to hope there's a regular package or room only discount for our week, but I'm becoming less hopeful. :(

We booked this am from 8/21-8/29 at WL courtyard with the discount. I was so counting on free dining for our time, but my school system decided to send the kids back to school pre-labor day this year. First time in forever. Trying to convince DH that we should do Club Level.

We booked this am from 8/21-8/29 at WL courtyard with the discount. I was so counting on free dining for our time, but my school system decided to send the kids back to school pre-labor day this year. First time in forever. Trying to convince DH that we should do Club Level.
At a Deluxe resort such as WL, I think if you get a 30% or greater discount, you'll save more money versus "free dining." And you can save even more versus "free dining" if your eating habits don't exactly match what Disney expects (for example if you don't need a TS meal daily). I think the "free dining" only begins to equal or become better than discounts at the moderates and especially the values.

At a Deluxe resort such as WL, I think if you get a 30% or greater discount, you'll save more money versus "free dining." And you can save even more versus "free dining" if your eating habits don't exactly match what Disney expects (for example if you don't need a TS meal daily). I think the "free dining" only begins to equal or become better than discounts at the moderates and especially the values.

well my DH and DS eat like piggies. So it didnt quite work out to our favor this year. I think dining was like almost 1300.00. meanwhile the discount was not as much. I am the only one of the party who barely eats as I have the lap band. DH likes the meals pre-paid for. I get my food and than carry it around with me. Sit downs I pay for my wine it relaxes the band and I can eat. We are normally POR people but DH I think was sold on it last night upon the pics

Just wondering if they still offer the gift basket and chocolates pictured on page 1 when staying Club Level?
We didn't receive one last year when we stayed Club Level. :sad2:

Thanks!!
Carla

Sorry about the misleading photo. The basket is not a regular CL amenity, but the box of chocolates definitely is.

Just booked Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip! We will be there July 28-August 7. THis will be our first stay and I am beyond excited.
Congratulations!! I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log.

Hi all!

First, a HUGE thanks to Kook and everyone who has helped to put together this thread and answer all the questions. SO much information! Y'all are amazing!

DH and I stayed at CSR last spring for my birthday trip, but absolutely fell in love with WL when we stopped by for breakfast at WCC. We decided that we would definitely stay at WL on our next trip, whenever that might be. After coming home, DMIL/FIL were so jealous of all the fun we had, they decided that our 2015 family vacay should be to WDW! So, we're coming back, and we're bringing THE WHOLE FAMILY! :banana:

Super excited, I of course booked WL immediately, but now that I'm reading more I'm starting to second guess myself. Looking at Touring Plans room finder, the only rooms showing with king beds are either suites, or HA. I booked a standard view, which makes me feel like we will probably get stuck in a HA room. I know that having a flooded bathroom mess to contend with every morning will put a damper on my vacation, but I'd also like to be able to sleep in the same bed as DH, and since he's 6'4" that's pretty uncomfortable to do in a queen bed.

Thoughts from WL vets? If I definitely HAVE to have a king bed AND a standard (non-HA) room, would I be better off switching to a different resort? I'll be kind of heartbroken to not stay at WL (especially since it seems so romantic, and we'll be there on our anniversary), but I know that upgrading to a suite is totally out of our budget.

Thanks so much!

If the king is an absolute requirement and you don't want to book a Honeymoon Suite, (which would be perfect for your anniversary;)) then have you considered a villa? Those have kings. Otherwise, you can request a king and maybe you'll get lucky and not get a HA one.

If you absolutely have to have a king bed I would look into the moderate resorts, where a king bed is a bookable room and thus gauranteed. Other than the deluxe king rooms at the GF or suites I'm not aware of any guaranteed king rooms in the deluxe resorts. I did stay in a king room with a tub (non HA) at the WL once, but it was a courtyard view. I was told there weren't many of those types of rooms, so I think we got lucky. Good luck deciding, you can't go wrong with any choice. I love the moderates, but given the choice I would stay at the WL with 2 queens. But I know it's a personal choice, and my DH and I have no problem on a queen bed. Heck, we have had both of our kids on a queen bed with us all night! Not ideal, but we did it.
I'm so impressed how you all fit in the queen:crowded:

CR's Tower Club Level has guaranteed King standard rooms and CR's Deluxe Garden Wing rooms all have a king.

Coming to WL 7/19 - 23!

WOOHOO! I'll log your dates.

Dreaming of booking April 2016. DH is applying for a new job. If it all goes the way we hope it goes, we'll be planning a trip WITH bunk beds!!
Pixie dust, please!!

I hope everything works out - keep us posted.

We made a decision! We'll be staying at WL for the first time Sept 10-17. :cheer2:

What a great decision and I'll log your dates. What did you end up booking/requesting?

Can anyone tell me if they have bunk beds in standard view rooms, or is that only for woods and courtyard? :goodvibes

There are some bunk beds, but they are by-request only and therefore, can't be guaranteed. Just add your request to your reservation.

:tinker:14 days till we arrive.

Partially booked our fall vacation. Five night cruise and either 1 or 2 nights at WDW. Right now I have one night at Animal Kingdom Jambo and two DVC wait lists. No other resorts are open for the two nights. We will be doing the Halloween party which we have never done. We will finally get to see Hallowishes.

DH said I can't book anything else for that trip till we get back from this one. He doesn't know about the DVC room, the two dinner reservations I have at Tonys Town Square (since I don't know what night we will go to the party), or the hotel I have reserved in Tampa. :rolleyes1

You are quite the schemer:thumbsup2

We had to switch to a courtyard view in order to get the free dining in september...but we got free dining! and maybe now a view of the EWP, bonus!!

YAY! So the FD savings was greater than the room-only savings?

Thanks

N

Thank you! You're going to love WL for your first onsite stay and I'll log your dates:)

I talked DH into staying here after our cruise. We will be there 9/18-9/20 in a bunk bed woods view room. It's our first time and we are are so excited.

Sounds like fun and I'll add your dates, too.

I love your humor - and I love how you are dedicated to keeping us informed and up to date! Thank you! ::worship::

Chocolate Covered Strawberries?! :love:

WHERE do I order those! That is a perfect suggestion!

Thank you for your sweet comments.

Just call Private Dining (Room Service) from your room phone to order. At one time they also had white chocolate covered ones.

Just called about the "Free Dining" offer. a) It would require us to go through some pretty significant logistical hoops to check in a day earlier than we'd planned and b) the only room type available for "Free Dining" for our time, including the extra day at the front end, was Deluxe, which would almost double our reservation cost over our current courtyard room. Thanks, but no thanks! Almost the entire month of October is blacked out: 3.5 weeks out of 4.5 weeks. I'll just have to hope there's a regular package or room only discount for our week, but I'm becoming less hopeful. :(

That's a bummer, but don't give up on a room-only discount coming out for your dates.

Congratulations on booking! I think CL would be perfect for your family, especially since you aren't on the DDP. The 5-7 appetizers are plentiful and adult beverages are included as well (all day;)).

well my DH and DS eat like piggies. So it didnt quite work out to our favor this year. I think dining was like almost 1300.00. meanwhile the discount was not as much. I am the only one of the party who barely eats as I have the lap band. DH likes the meals pre-paid for. I get my food and than carry it around with me. Sit downs I pay for my wine it relaxes the band and I can eat. We are normally POR people but DH I think was sold on it last night upon the pics
Have you checked out paying for the QS dining plan and paying OOP (or charging to your room) for TS meals? I don't think it would necessarily save any money, but it would at least pre-pay probably the majority of your meals. Then again, I've never done the QS dining plan, so I'm not sure what all it covers for QS meals.

We are actually paying for the dining plan and taking the RO discount. Paying 260 a night for the Courtyard with a queen and a bunk bed. In all reality when I cashed in my bonus points on my two cards today to make payments aside from the 200 down I am not really paying for the dining plan since it was earned money otherwise.

Still am going to try to convince the hubs to go club level.

When we calculated our receipts from last year 11/2014 between dinner and lunch it was 2160 all together; that did not include drinks or appetizers. If we included that our total OOP was 478.58.

It was also my 33rd Bday trip so there were drinks lol.

I posted this as a general question but since you guys are the experts on the lodge, you can help me decide too! I am going with my husband and 2 year old Sept 27-Oct 1st (then we are doing a switch to the Four Seasons to swim and relax.) We only do the parks in the morning with the toddler. Our res is at Wilderness Lodge and there is nothing available for the room only discount except a $500 club level deluxe room. Regular price is about $354 a night. We will be spending 2 days at the MK. My husband has an AP- should we hold out for an AP discount? GF is $371 under the discount, but we were going to stay there under a separate discount next May for a week. I wanted to stay close to MK since we will be going there the most. I cannot do free dining because of the park ticket situation. What would should I do??

For room requests that you fax in, do you just send them to the general fax number posted on the first page of this thread, or is a specialty # I'm not seeing??

There are some bunk beds, but they are by-request only and therefore, can't be guaranteed. Just add your request to your reservation.

That's good to know. I honestly did not even know if that was an option. For some reason I was thinking bunks were only in wood and courtyard view rooms. Thank you so much for answering my question :goodvibes

Heading back to the Lodge (which has been wonderful) now on the boat after a great dinner at California Grill. I never noticed how many roaches there were by the docks. Several by the Contemporary and we had a couple on the boat earlier. Feet up! :)

Oh no! We saw a ton of them last summer. I had never noticed them before, but last June at the Grand Floridian and in TikiRoom they were all over. I was kinda hoping it was just a summer thing.....

Those critters could be Palmetto bugs which look like cockroaches but way way bigger, they pose no real threat to you and they do get everywhere at this time of year in Orlando. We often notice that they love water areas and are particularly prominent after a storm or rainy spell.

Sooooooooooooo excited to be staying here Nov 25-Dec 2! This will be our first stay at our home resort! We cant wait to check it all out! Thanks for this awesome thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter