Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to say that when I called yesterday 4/28 to upgrade our room to include free dining there wasn't any thing available at WL.:sad2: So I had to switch resorts and book at OKW to get the FD offer.
So this morning Just for the heck of it I scanned the Disney website and there was WL woods view available , :)needless to say I'm back:cool1:. So if anybody did not get the FD added to there original reservations. Keep checking every morning. I did mine on line this morning at 5:30am

Sad to say that when I called yesterday 4/28 to upgrade our room to include free dining there wasn't any thing available at WL.:sad2: So I had to switch resorts and book at OKW to get the FD offer.
So this morning Just for the heck of it I scanned the Disney website and there was WL woods view available , :)needless to say I'm back:cool1:. So if anybody did not get the FD added to there original reservations. Keep checking every morning. I did mine on line this morning at 5:30am

Good to know. We have a woods view room already, and nothing else was available yesterday except a bunk bed room (now gone), which would NOT be good with our 2 year old daredevil son! I have my heart set on WL, so I may just keep checking to see if something becomes available later.

Ok so I know I have 6 more months to go, but every now and then I get this burst of excitement!!!! Anxious happiness I guess you can call it! Anyone else?! Lol I love reading about others booking their trips, makes it so much more fun when reading the board!! To everyone leaving in the coming weeks, have a great trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Kook- on page 1 can you please note it's our 11 year anniversary trip!!!! Thanks!! :love:

We dined at Artist Point last night and it was as fantastic as I remembered. It has to be the most underrated restaurant on property as it's not busy and the food is excellent (I much preferred it to Citricos).
I had the Buffalo dish and fiancé had the salmon. We shared the cobler, which was different than the club level dish due to the ice cream.

Unfortunately, it's pouring all day. We are going to try and power through to Epcot in ponchos and enjoy smaller crowds in the countries. Hopefully slows down for the Wishes Dessert Party tonight.

Good to know. We have a woods view room already, and nothing else was available yesterday except a bunk bed room (now gone), which would NOT be good with our 2 year old daredevil son! I have my heart set on WL, so I may just keep checking to see if something becomes available later.
Yes definitely try again, the cast member on the phone told me that Disney often releases more rooms and that I should try again over the next few days. Good thing that I did because we really were looking forward to staying at the lodge.

Hi everyone. Haven't checked in for a while but have completed all our ADRs for our October trip. I can totally relate to the happy excited bursts!!

I have a couple of questions... Does WL have allergy friendly snacks in the store (specifically dairy free) and
We have booked a woods view bunk bed room (14 nights!) and wondered if there's a good one to request specifically??

We honeymooned at WL in 2000 and are now bringing our children (6 and 10) for their first trip and our 15th anniversary! :cloud9:

The latest batch of discounts became available today, but they could not apply it to my room type (Courtyard); only to a room called the Yosemite Suite within WL. Grrrrr. I'll keep checking, but hopes for any kind of discount are fading fast. :(

We've never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before (very excited!) and I wanted to know if the 1-bedroom villas have been refurbished lately?

We've never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before (very excited!) and I wanted to know if the 1-bedroom villas have been refurbished lately?
All the villas were refurbished about two years ago. They are much plainer with less theming than they were originally.

I think it was 2012 that we were in the South wing of the Lodge, on a high floor...and they were refurbing the rooms on the lower floors. It sounded like they were using a jackhammer to remove the old tile. This was extremely annoying, but only if we were in the room during the day. Last year we stayed at Coronado, which was nice, because of the pool refurb. And, in 2011 they were doing something noisy next to the lake behind trout pass.... So, this year I'm really hoping to avoid scaffolding and jackhammers. :sad2: But, I'll probably have fun either way.:rolleyes:

We went with the deluxe CL res. We are traveling with our 2 year old and would like it to be convenient to get to the lounge and the lobby. Which room or area would you recommend? I'm excited this is our first experience with club level :)thanks.

We have stayed at the WL before but my DD and I got a good AP rate on a studio at the Viilas for May 31-June 5. Do we still check in at the Lodge check in desk? We are excited as we have never stayed at the Villas there!!

We have stayed at the WL before but my DD and I got a good AP rate on a studio at the Viilas for May 31-June 5. Do we still check in at the Lodge check in desk? We are excited as we have never stayed at the Villas there!!
Yes, you would still check in at the Lodge check in desk. The villas building doesn't have a check in counter. :)

Are the King beds only in the Accessible rooms? I don't want to request one since we don't need the HA aspect, but I'd love a king bed and room to put the crib/toddler bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter