• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Countries at Epcot

WLfan

I'm so tired of waiting for this thing to change t
When I went on the tour of world showcase, the tour guide told us each individual nation's pavillion is funded by private companies from that nation (with the exception of Morocco that was funded by the King). They said that is why those particular nations are represented, it's who is willing to pay to build a pavillion. I don't understand why Disney doesn't try to build new nations. The guide said they had room for a lot more pavillions (I forget how many, but it was a lot more than I thought it would be).

If you could pick, what new nations would you add to Epcot?

I would add India and Russia. They have very unique cultures, unique architecture and landmarks to incorporate into the pavillions, and unique restaurant opportunities. They could even build a "sleigh ride" for Russia! How cool!

What would you add?

Ireland would be cool too. They could build a traditional Irish village.

Since there are no South American countries and there are so many Brazilian visitors I would go with Brazil. India and Russia are also good choices as would be Greece. I would put Brazil at the top though.

I think Greece would be amazing. Australia would be good too.

I think I would have to agree with a South American country. Or maybe even Spain. Great culture, great food, and great wines, what more could you ask for in World Showcase?

Antarctica.

Just go to club cool and pretend your there....

Hmmm...what would I choose....it would have to be based on food I like, so I'll join others and pick Greece. They could have a ride based on the first olympics....we'd have to compete in the nude :scared1:

Wow, there are so many choices but, I think I would go with Argentina (tango, Goucho's, etc.), India and Russia. I almost feel they should relocate "Its a small world" to Epcot too;) . Oops, I almost forgot to mention Indonesia. Now that's exotic as well as beautiful and interesting.

What about the Polynesian islands? That would be great!

Australia would be "aus"ome! ;) Though I'm a huge fan of Greek food, and their culture and history would fit nicely into Epcot. Hmmmmm, that's a tough one. Ooooh I like the Polynesia idea too. Or Russia............AAAAGGGGHHHH!:headache:

Greece or India could be awesome pavillions. I would also love to see something done to represent the Native American culture, but realize that would be extremely difficult because of the many, very diverse, nations.

Definitely a representative from S. America. I am thinking Chile or Argentina.

Russia or Ukraine

Greece, Turkey, Israel, Egypt or Lebannon

I want The Netherlands......
Not that we have that great of a country but if the Netherlands is in Epcot, i can work for Disney.... :wizard:

But for real, i would say Australia and Greece or Israel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter