New Contract Number

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by disneynutz, Jan 22, 2007.

1. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We closed on a resale on 1/12 and we were added to the system today 1/22. :dance3: As I was looking over the member web site, I noticed that it shows a contract number different then what was listed on our sales contract and closing documents. My understanding was that the contract numbers don't change. Any ideas? :confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Happy Birthday Cat

Happy Birthday Cat <font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi

Do you currently own another contract with the same use year? If so, the new contract may have become and add-on to the original contract.

HBC

4. disneynutz

No, this is our first DVC purchase.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Maybe the former owner has multiple contracts with that same number. So they had to give you a new one.

For example, with us we have XXXXX.0 XXXXX.1, XXXXX.2 and XXXXX.3 AND YYYYY.0 (different use year).

6. disneynutz

I am calling MS tomorrow to try and find out. I will post my findings, Thanks for your thoughts. ;)

7. SleepyatDVC

SleepyatDVC DIS Veteran

We purchased 2 resales with the same UY in 2001 a couple of months apart.

DVC assigned a totally new contract number for the first contract we bought and was smart enough to catch the second contract we bought and assign it a contract number that became the add-on (xxx.02) to the first.

8. disneynutz

I called MS and asked about the contract # changing. The original contract # is not in the system. MS refered me to Contract Administration. Their recording requests a email which failed. I used tha MS services web form to ask my questions. The auto email that I received back says that it might take 3 days for a response. I will report the answer when received. :confused3

9. disneynutz

Just got a email from MS.

Dear Bill,

Thank you for submitting your e-mail request.

Based on the nature of your comments, we have forwarded your message to Membership Administration so that a Contract Administrator may respond to your request. As requests are handled in the order they are received, there may be a slight delay in the response to you.

If you would like to contact Membership Administration directly, please send your email request to xxx@disney.com.

You may also fax your request to (407) XXX-XXXX or call (800) XXX-XXXX, option 2 for assistance.

Best Regards,

Jerry

My web request was addressed to Membership Administration but I guess it goes to someone else first.

I will post what happens next. :confused3

10. tacomaranch

tacomaranch Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on

Congrats on closing quickly and getting in the system. We are still waiting to get in the system. I call everyday.

See ya soon neighbor.