New Chase Visa Star Wars cards and Meet N Greet experience!

lvdis

love disney
Did anyone else see this news? It was in a weekly newsletter email I got from All Ears last night. I underlined the part that is specific to Disneyland!

Starting today, August 18, Disney fans who are also Star Wars fans can apply for Chase's Star Wars Visa® Credit Card. This marks the first Star Wars brand collaboration for a credit card for The Walt Disney Company. Three exclusive Star Wars designs have been introduced, accompanied by exciting, new and exclusive Star Wars perks for all Disney Visa Credit Cardmembers. Cardmembers will be able to carry the new double-sided card designs featuring Darth Vader, Yoda or R2-D2 with C-3PO. In addition, all Disney Visa Credit Cardmembers can have access to the exclusive Star Wars Imperial Meet 'N' Greet, featuring the Supreme Commander of Imperial Forces, Darth Vader, at private Cardmember locations at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. (Note that the Star Wars Imperial Meet 'N' Greet experience opens at the Disneyland in fall 2015 and at Walt Disney World in early 2016.) All Disney Visa Cardmembers can also enjoy savings on select Star Wars merchandise purchases at Disney Store and select locations at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts and can have the opportunity to take advantage of upcoming Star Wars-related limited-time offers.

OMG, thank you SO MUCH for sharing this! My hubby will be so excited to get this card!

I am calling Chase right now to get mine changed to the Darth Vader.

I wonder if there will be an additional meet and greet actually in Disneyland or if this will be a replacement for the one in DCA? I hope it is an additional one.

Nice! I did not notice that! Not sure if will change my card, but the meet and greet with Vader sounds awesome! I just wonder what they mean by Fall 2015... Wednesday December 21st (last day of fall ;) )?

According to the Chase website, the M&G will take place in DL. https://disneyrewards.com/starwarscard/
I hope it is in effect by the time we go next month.

Just an FYI, if you have the Rewards Visa, the signature panel side will be blank. The signature panels pictured are only for the Premier Visa.
Darth Vader is on his way!

My wife and I both have a card on the same account. The last time I called them and tried to change my card design they said they had to change both cards. My wife didn't want the design I wanted. So we didn't change. I really wish they didn't have to change both cards.

My wife and I both have a card on the same account. The last time I called them and tried to change my card design they said they had to change both cards. My wife didn't want the design I wanted. So we didn't change. I really wish they didn't have to change both cards.
They may have recently changed their policy on that, because their website now says that authorized users can pick their own designs:
https://disneyrewards.com/card-designs/

I just went online to my account, and was (hopefully) able to choose a different design for both my husband and I. Here's what it says on the website:

Change your card design - Show your Disney side! You can change your credit card design anytime at no cost. You and your authorized users can each choose your own unique design from the options listed below:

So we'll know for sure within 3 weeks, but I'm trusting that we were each able to choose an individual design. (I just chose our names from the drop down box)

Whoa, this is really cool! My kids will be really pumped about this. Here's hoping it's there when we get to DL in November.

I just upgraded to the Premier VISA about four or so months ago and my husband and I definitely have different designs on the same account. I'd call back and try to do it with someone else; maybe that person you spoke to is new or something. Unless that's only something you can do with the Premier card, of course.

OMG, I am sooo excited! I let the kiddos pick what design we got (they picked Nemo), but I'm totally getting a Star Wars one now :)

DH is bummed they don't have a Luke Skywalker card. He'll have to settle for Vader instead!

DH is bummed they don't have a Luke Skywalker card. He'll have to settle for Vader instead!

Yeah I was actually a little disappointed in the designs. Yoda is not super interesting to me, and the droids one was kind of boring (though I like the back of that one). Vader all the way. Though I'd drop it in a heartbeat for a good Boba Fett or Falcon.

Sadly we Canadians are left high and dry. Can not get these cards up here in the great white north.

Maybe I can customize my visa card...hmmmm, Black sharpie marker and a little creative art work and BAM Darth Vader. :)

My husband and I have had different pictures on our cards for years. When we first got our cards they were the same, but several years ago we were able to get different ones.

I'm going to tell him about the new Star Wars cards and see if he's interested in changing. I wonder how long this new M&G will last. It's a cool new perk, but we won't be back in the parks for about 15 months.

They don't have the same card design I have any more. Mine has Tinkerbell and is purple/blue. The new Tinkerbell is green. I like my old one better.

Actual wording from Chase "
All Card designs are available to all Cardmembers, whether you carry a Disney Rewards® Visa® Card or a Disney Premier Visa® Card. Additional Cardmembers can pick their own designs too.2 To add an authorized user, visit Chase.com"

They used to have select card styles only for the Premier cards; it's nice that everyone can choose from all designs now.

Also they list both M&G as perks:

• Character Meet 'N' Greet at our Private Cardmember Location11
    At the Disneyland® Resort, stop by our private location–reserved just for Cardmembers–to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters.

Just present your Disney Visa Card to enter this exclusive event, offered daily 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM at Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure® Park (behind the "House of Ice" and next to Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!)
  • Star Wars™ Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet11
    Feel the power of the Force at the Star Wars™ Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet at our private Cardmember location at the Disneyland® Park starting Fall 2015.

Last edited:
These are awesome! And the designs now appear to be dual sided? My current one is definitely not a dual-sided design. I'm not really a Star Wars person but I love the Disneyland 60th anniversary card that I saw while checking out the Star Wars designs! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter