NEW California Grill Menu is up on WDW Website!

Sooooo happy the Spicy Kazan Roll & the Goat Cheese Ravioli survived! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Other than that... I dunno... I was expecting more I guess.

The menu looks amazing, thanks for posting!

For those worried about vegetarian options, in my experience if you tell your server that you are a vegetarian the chef will create a meal for you. I've had some of my best vegetarian meals at CG:goodvibes

Very happy the rock shrimp salad survived. :goodvibes

Don't know about the tomato risoto with the filet (liked it the way it was with the purple stuff). :confused3

Do you think they will allow us to order a flatbread as a main meal?

This restaurant is there to serve you and you may indeed eat anything you want on the menu!

If you want to eat nothing but dessert with a bowl of soup...go for it! Three appetizers and a dessert? Do it!

I have gotten tired of wasting money on large or over-priced and ridiculously pretentious entrees and have started choosing a combination from appetizers. I just choose one or two, add a salad and smile while requesting they all be served at the same time with my DH's dinner. No one has ever blinked an eye.

HOWEVER....this new menu stopped me cold in my tracks and I said "no thank you". It reminded me of menus we see when a chef first opens he/her very own first restaurant. Lordy, I'll be glad when the word 'foam' is no longer on any menu! :thumbsup2

I liked the old menu, but this looks great too, there are a few new items that I can't wait to try and I'm excited for the addition of pork belly to the tenderloin, which was already my favorite.

Oak-fired Filet of Beef

Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Marinted Baby Vine Tomatoes, Basil, Tomato Butter

I was hoping to try here someday, but I really don't understand the filet of beef being served with tomato risotto and just so many tomatoes in general. I love tomatoes, but I don't think that is a winning flavor profile. If I was ever going to convince DH to go, it would be for a great filet...he hates tomatoes.

Bell & Evans Chicken

Teriyaki Barbecue Glaze, Truffle Macaroni & Cheese, Glazed Vegetables, Chicken Sausage

Again, all of these things sound delicious but NOT together.

HOWEVER....this new menu stopped me cold in my tracks and I said "no thank you". It reminded me of menus we see when a chef first opens he/her very own first restaurant. Lordy, I'll be glad when the word 'foam' is no longer on any menu! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

It seems like a lot of this menu is meant to be "interesting" rather than tasty.

I've never been but the two things I have always wanted to try are on the menu, goat cheese ravioli and flatbread. I can't wait to see reviews on the squash ravioli!

I've never been but the two things I have always wanted to try are on the menu, goat cheese ravioli and flatbread. I can't wait to see reviews on the squash ravioli!

LOVE the goat cheese ravioli! Can't wait to have it in October!

Was up at 6 this morning to get our ADR, we will be there 9/26 at 7:00PM. We are having 2 anniversary dinners-this was DH's choice, mine will be the next night at BOG. Really excited about the fireworks from CG :woohoo:

I think the menu sounds awesome. We have only been to CG once and that was years ago, so really I guess we won't know the difference.

The desserts are going to be tough, how to choose just one :sad2:

I'm hoping there will be seasonal changes that occur too...

As a couple who visit here every vacation, I'm rather disappointed in the menu at the moment. I'm allergic to cheese and mushrooms - usually I don't have to fuss around with the menu too much but I'd have to do some serious requesting for a lot of them...

And I'm sorry...the Valrhona moten chocolate cake replaced with Nutella? Really?!!!

Sad to see a lack of flat breads too....:confused3

I always though the menu was a lot bigger than we can currently see?

The menu looks very seasonal. I personally would be happy to eat almost everything on it, but I doubt it will be as tomato-heavy when I get to visit mid-November.

Thanks for posting the menu!!! :goodvibes I can't wait to get back to the CG in May and try the new menu! This restaurant has always changed a lot of the menu items for the season, so I imagine this is just a sampling of what's coming! I will miss the warm chocolate cake I always get, but maybe I'll find something I love even more. :)

I was able to get an ADR for Dec. 3rd, but I have to admit after seeing the new menu I'm thinking I should have kept my Artist Point ADR. I'm keeping it, but I'm hoping there are some changes to this menu before my ADR. :confused3

Looks great to me. My only disappointment is no Banana's Foster. I don't eat deserts, but last trip I had one bite of that dish and I was so looking forward to one bite this trip too pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter