New baby on rides?

Graciesmom77

DIS Veteran
My youngest daughter will be 3 months old when we go. Is there any rides that we can get on and hold her? I know about the baby swap but we were hoping that some rides we could all go on at the same time. Thanks

We took our DD at 4 months and were able to do lots of stuff, anything that didn't have a height requirement: Pirates, ISW, HM, etc. Traveling with an infant was really easy compared to travelling with a toddler so enjoy it now ;)

You can take the baby on pretty much anything without a height limitation. I strongly recommend using a sling or ergo-type of carrier - you can keep the baby in it while you wait in line and while you ride. It was a life-saver when my youngest was an infant on his first WDW visit. Have a great trip!

You've gotten some great advice! I just wanted to say enjoy it!!

Also, take full advantage of the Baby Care facilities - there's one in every park. Since you are going at such a hot time of year, they are a great place to cool down and sit, if you need it. They also have microwaves (if you need to heat up a bottle), diapers/wipes (if you run out), and a nice quiet place to sit down for a few minutes.

*For those with olders babies and toddlers, who might read this, they also have toys and videos if you need a place to let your older baby relax or cool down for a bit.

I would suggest getting a baby carrier or sling if you don't already have one. This will make it easier for when you are standing in lines and on the rides. :thumbsup2

I just can't imagine that it would be healthy for a 3 month old baby to go on any kind of ride that has jostling, spinning, jerking, etc. Just because there is no height requirement doesn't mean it will be safe for a newborn...even if he/she is being cradled by you, any sudden jolt might be harmful.

Please talk to your pediatrician first, just to be safe! And many congratulations on the birth of your little one. :goodvibes

I just can't imagine that it would be healthy for a 3 month old baby to go on any kind of ride that has jostling, spinning, jerking, etc. Just because there is no height requirement doesn't mean it will be safe for a newborn...even if he/she is being cradled by you, any sudden jolt might be harmful.

I would say 95% of the rides without height restrictions have no jostling, spinning or jerking. WDW was designed to be a family park. My ds was 6 months old his first trip and rode almost everything that his little body was tall enough to get on (I didn't take him on the teacups).

Please talk to your pediatrician first, just to be safe! And many congratulations on the birth of your little one. :goodvibes

I second that. I would worry about them being jostled around, even in POTC there's a slight drop....just too many what if's for me to risk.

My DH pointed out that even 'its a small world' has some serious bumps when the boat comes in to dock. Maybe it would be wise to go on the ride without the baby first and then make the decision.

As a mom, you have the best instinct, and you'll know what to do. Have a fantastic time! :thumbsup2

we just took my DS when he was 2 months old and got on everything that we could with him. It was great! We have 2 amusement parks around where we live and I really miss that whole family experience that you get at WDW! Trust me take advantage, there was nothing that put up a red flag that made me regret taking him on any of the rides we did. Enjoy not having to sit everything out, I wish every park were this family friendly! Have a great time!

Our first trip our daughter was 8 weeks, and we traveled with another family who had a 13 week old.
We rode EVERYTHING without a height restriction, with zero issues. And guess what, now they are 5, and no brain damage.
They didn't even get the bubonic plague from all the people who looked, and breathed on them.
The characters LOVED them, the babies loved the lights, loved the sounds.
Both us moms wore the babies in slings from morning to night (wake up, get dressed, strap on baby), we had 3 other kids with use (all under 3) and the babies were so easy.
Heck, I nursed my little one all over the world. I know we nursed in the haunted mansion, small world, pirates, spaceship earth.
The only ride that is even slighty bumpy, and I was glad the baby was in her sling was the safari ride.
Most rides both babies slept throught all snug as bugs in their slings, most rides you don't even have to take them out of the sling to ride.
have a great time

I think the bus ride would be a million times more dangerous than any of the no height restriction rides at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter