New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

Hello!

I just discovered this site this week after being a regular on others (all ears). I enjoy the forums so much more for the info here!

I live in New Orleans and like others on this site, love Disney. Last year, after years of saying I was going, I finally made a trip solo. I loved it! I am going again October 10 - 14, solo.

If you can't guess, I am single. I'm a pretty basic guy, no frills, just me. But enjoy life! :thumbsup2

Matt

Heyo!

I'm Mckenzie, and I live in Ohio (and have never lived anywhere else).

My username is because I love Brave. ^__^;; Which brings me to my favorite Disney movie... it's really a tie between Brave and The Lion King.

I'm a perpetually single fourteen year old. But hey. I've got at least six more decades to find that 'special someone' (be it male or female). I figure I can wait. ^_^

My favorite Disney park is a tie between the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. My favorite rides are the Haunted Mansion, Expedition Everest, Space Mountain and Rock'N'Roller Coaster.

My favorite princess is Belle, and my favorite characters are her, Merida, Simba, and Stitch.

Hmm. What else? Besides Disney, I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and The Hunger Games. I draw, I write, I play flute, and I listen to music. And I'm willing to learn how to play acoustic guitar.

Hope to make some new friends! ^__^

Merida DunBroch said:
Heyo!

I'm Mckenzie, and I live in Ohio (and have never lived anywhere else).

My username is because I love Brave. ^__^;; Which brings me to my favorite Disney movie... it's really a tie between Brave and The Lion King.

I'm a perpetually single fourteen year old. But hey. I've got at least six more decades to find that 'special someone' (be it male or female). I figure I can wait. ^_^

My favorite Disney park is a tie between the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. My favorite rides are the Haunted Mansion, Expedition Everest, Space Mountain and Rock'N'Roller Coaster.

My favorite princess is Belle, and my favorite characters are her, Merida, Simba, and Stitch.

Hmm. What else? Besides Disney, I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and The Hunger Games. I draw, I write, I play flute, and I listen to music. And I'm willing to learn how to play acoustic guitar.

Hope to make some new friends! ^__^

Hey Mckenzie, welcome and take your time finding love! You seem like a cool cat. I love Dr. Who too. One more episode and I'm caught up.

550698_4180432383842_517212163_n.jpg

Hi! My name is Nate. I'm the one on the right in the picture. If you know who the person in the middle is, then you get extra scholarly nerd bonus points with me. :)

To answer the "questions"....

"Please include your name," ..... covered that.

"an explaination of your username" ..... I wish I could say it was more impressive, but it is just a mix of partial first/last name.

"where you live" ..... I live in Springfield, IL.

"where you have lived in the past" ..... I haven't been that adventurous thus far. I've only really lived in Springfield, IL and in Carbondale, IL (for college).

"marital/dating status" ..... I am perpetually single. :rotfl2: True story.

"favorite Disney park" ..... I actually don't know yet! My first trip is coming up in 7 days!!!!!!!!!!

"favorite Disney movie" ..... Dumbo, by and far. Has been since I was a kid. In fact, I'm trying to order a specialty birthday cake for my trip (it's my birthday trip with a friend), and I wanna get it Dumbo themed! We'll see if that works out.

"favorite Disney prince or princess" ..... Belle. Beauty and the Beast has to be my favorite "princess movie" of the Disney princess movies. OHMYGAWD! A LITERATE WOMAN! HOW DARE THEY! :furious: Right? :duck:

"and favorite Disney character" ..... Probably Dumbo again. :) I'm sorry. It can't be helped!

"(and anything else you'd like to share)." ..... I'm a huge geek AND nerd. Yes, smart and dweeby. I'm a graduate student currently studying Political Science and Women/Gender Studies. I'd really like to teach, but I don't know that I have the momentum to finish a Ph.D. So I may have to settle for something less. On the geek front, I love gaming (video, computer, RPG, etc.). I am a huge sci-fi fan and love me some Doctor Who.

That's about it for now, I guess.

Later!

Nate

Ahhhhh:crazy2: haven't been on here in ages...hoping to be more active from now on, I suppose I'll give a visual update of sorts

I did a Capt. Hook (Once Upon A Time inspired) costume this Halloween,
Untitled-15.jpg

I hope it's ok to pop in and say hi and introduce myself here. My name is Jen and I am a 3x surrogate mother with my first two surrogacies being for gay couples. In fact, my first couple and I were brought together by our mutual love of Disney. I bet Disney never anticipated bringing people together in that way!

My username is based on the first initials of the people in my family. I win at creativity. I live in Minnesota now but in the past I've lived in Colorado, Germany, California and South Dakota. My husband and I have been married for 13 years and we have two kids (one by birth and one by adoption - we're filling our reproductive bingo card). My favorite Disney Park is Animal Kingdom. My favorite Disney princess is Merida because my son does a great impression of her. My favorite character might be Quasimodo that probably changes according to whatever movie I saw last. I'm not including a picture of myself because I've spent the last eight years of my life perpetually pregnant and moon faced.

Guess I'll jump in here as well. I mostly lurk on the Disneyland boards, but I am thinking of a solo trip to WDW next year, so I am expanding my forum horizons.

I am Anderson. I'm 27 y/o. I'm single - I got out of a 6 year relationship earlier this year, and though it was mutual, I'm still having a hard time dealing with it. My username is pretty obvious. I'm obsessed with Disney and I'm from Hawaii (808 state). I live in Flagstaff, AZ, and have lived in Phoenix, AZ, Hawaii, and California. I work in higher education. My favorite Disney Park is Disneyland, favorite character is Pooh, and my favorite Disney movie is beauty and the Beast. Don't really have a favorite Prince or Princess.

Here's a picture of me.

548865_10101949095129631_25398080_n.jpg

I had thought at some point I did this, but I guess not. Here we are.

Names: Christopher (on the left) and Matt (on the right)

Username: Its a play on Tinkerbell who I LOVE, and also relates to Terrence (my profile pic)

Where you live: Currently in the burbs outside Boston

Where you have lived in the past:Both orginally from Gainesville FL and lived on and off in Orlando, and lived in Wash DC for 5 years. Thinking about moving back to Fl or DC but not sure we want to move again. We are kind of ready to settle down and start our family.

Marital/dating status: Together just over 12 years and leagally married here in MA for three now.

Favorite Disney park: Definitely Epcot, F&W was our second date and we go back every year for your anniversary. He is of German descent and Im of French, so we love those respected pavilions. And Im at my happiest ever eating and drinking around the world

Favorite Disney movie: For both of us it would Beauty and the Beast, but Im also in love with The Little Mermaid and my first tatt was of Ariel. Although its typically a Pixar film, Im super obsessed with Wreck It Ralph right now.

Favorite Disney prince or princess: Belle, Ariel or Aurora

Favorite Disney character: Tinkerbelle

110_zpse754afb6.jpg

Oh I almost always wear that shirt to the parks. I love that its kind of funny and ironic. :rotfl2:

Hello everyone! My name is Lily. I'm a 22 year old full time Art History student. There's a photo of my girlfriend and I in my signature. The one on the left is me and the right is my girlfriend, Duckie. We've been to Disneyland California 3 times since we've started dating, and to Tokyo Resort 4 times (in a two week period, mind you).

My girlfriend and I have been together for seven years, this coming June. We live in Northern California with our cat, Moose. I'm from Tokyo Japan and Hawai'i.

We both share a passion for Disney, and we LOVE going there. I grew up with TDL, and will always be something very dear to me. Disneyland here in California is a place where I share perfect memories with my girlfriend. And I love it just as much.

My favourite Disney movie, that's a difficult one. Lilo and Stitch is one of them, and I've newly fell in love with Brave. They're all so fantastic.

My favourite Disney Princesses are Pocahontas and Aurora.

My favourite Disney character is Donald Duck.

It's so nice to begin posting here. It's so nice to meet you guys!

Hi all! I'm Robert. I tend to float in and out of here depending on when I'm doing a trip or not, so I reintroduce myself from time to time. I'm 27, from Dallas, though I grew up in the Houston area. Disney nerd since my first trip back in the early 90's (the still had the Ninja Turtles and the Dinosaur TV show characters in MGM lol).

Finally getting back on my feet after a disatrous 2012. I moved to California with my then bf thinking I had a job lined up, which didn't pan out. Got a job at Knott's Berry Farm, lost my car, broke up with the bf, and then finally moved back home. I've moved about 4 times this year and if I never see another box, I'll be happy!

Now doing data entry for Bank of America at night (6pm to 2:30am and later if its a busy day). Excited to finally get back to the World after several visits to the Land this past year. I'm also a giant musical theater nerd and try to see shows as often as I can (just got to see the tour of Jekyll & Hyde which was.....well it wasn't horrible, lol). So that's me in a nutshell pretty much!

DEDEBACA-C7DA-465F-B7C1-980ABDB2A03E-2527-0000017D51080B3D.jpg

And also, just because, my Ursula themed Halloween costume. The mask is a custom designed and hand made for me by a girl in the Netherlands.

photo9.jpg

Please include your name, an explanation of your username, where you live, where you have lived in the past, marital/dating status, favorite Disney park, favorite Disney movie, favorite Disney prince or princess, and favorite Disney character (and anything else you'd like to share). :thumbsup2

Hey, all!
I'm Jeremiah. I go by JLaFunk (J for Jeremiah LaFunk as a spin on LaFleur... Let the Dodge-ball quotes begin).
I live in San Diego, CA- born & raised with a small stint in NYC during the 90's.
I'm single but not really dating... kinda taking a break to get in touch with myself and set a new course for my life. (It's kinda deep so I'll just leave it at that).
My favorite park? Disneyland. Plain and simple. It's the sweet, charming, see-it-in-a-day park that can pack a wallop when it comes to spectacle. (Plus, the rides are actually better, IMO. No need to argue with me about it. It's how I feel and I'll gladly support you in your opposing opinion and humbly disagree).
My favorite movie it a tough one to answer. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, I guess.
pooh:
My favorite Prince is a toss-up. Aladdin and Eric. Princess? None, actually. I love Penny from the Rescuers. My favorite character is Tigger. (I have another email address that starts with: tidblgr).

Glad to be here!
:earboy2:

That is an adorable dog Robert! What did you do at Knott's Berry Farm? How long were you there? As much as I have loved my time at Disneyland, I am sure that the history at Knott's Berry Farm would be great to know. I thought that Disney should have bought Knott's Berry Farm while it was supposedly up for sale in the late 1990's.

Hi all! I'm Robert. I tend to float in and out of here depending on when I'm doing a trip or not, so I reintroduce myself from time to time. I'm 27, from Dallas, though I grew up in the Houston area. Disney nerd since my first trip back in the early 90's (the still had the Ninja Turtles and the Dinosaur TV show characters in MGM lol).

Finally getting back on my feet after a disatrous 2012. I moved to California with my then bf thinking I had a job lined up, which didn't pan out. Got a job at Knott's Berry Farm, lost my car, broke up with the bf, and then finally moved back home. I've moved about 4 times this year and if I never see another box, I'll be happy!

Now doing data entry for Bank of America at night (6pm to 2:30am and later if its a busy day). Excited to finally get back to the World after several visits to the Land this past year. I'm also a giant musical theater nerd and try to see shows as often as I can (just got to see the tour of Jekyll & Hyde which was.....well it wasn't horrible, lol). So that's me in a nutshell pretty much!

DEDEBACA-C7DA-465F-B7C1-980ABDB2A03E-2527-0000017D51080B3D.jpg

That is an adorable dog Robert! What did you do at Knott's Berry Farm? How long were you there? As much as I have loved my time at Disneyland, I am sure that the history at Knott's Berry Farm would be great to know. I thought that Disney should have bought Knott's Berry Farm while it was supposedly up for sale in the late 1990's.

Thanks! I actually worked on the steam engine, not anything glorious, just loading guests. But I did have to spiel about the history of the train every time I had to take it out. I don't remember much now though.

Hello :)

I'm Kim 22 from the UK. I have been with my wife for near on 5 years and married for 7 months. We live at home with our dog Wesley, hes a very spoilt West Highland Terrier.

I have to admit that before I met my wife I was never interested in the idea of holidaying in Florida and doing Disney (she has been 15 times). She some how managed to persuade me to take our Honeymoon there, we only stayed on International Drive but it was enough for me to know I was hooked and wanted to go back.

This year we are lucky enough to be going twice once again in the drive and the other at POFQ, I must admit I am much more excited about staying on site.

Anyway I'm not able to post a picture yet but when I have posted enough I will be back.

Looking forward to getting to know you

Thanks! I actually worked on the steam engine, not anything glorious, just loading guests. But I did have to spiel about the history of the train every time I had to take it out. I don't remember much now though.
Wow; here's to a better 2013! Fab Ursula getup!

Hi everyone! I have loved reading everyone's posts and seeing everyone's pics for awhile now, so I think it’s high time I post one myself. :rolleyes1

My name is Erika, I'm 27 and my user name is inspired by my fluffy white cat Santi, who loves nothing more than to sit on you and stretch out his big paws.

I recently married the love of my life, though we have been friends for the last 12 years :) We moved to Hartford CT from Upstate NY this past summer so I could continue my medical training. Of course all of our furry family members came too, we have some bunnies and ferrets in addition to our cat.

I have always enjoyed the world showcase in Epcot, though the first time I went to Disney as a kid the trolls on the Norway ride scared me and gave me nightmares for months. :rotfl:

My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid since it was the first movie I saw in theaters with my dad and my favorite Disney princess is Ariel. I was lucky enough to catch the Little Mermaid when it was on Broadway too :goodvibes My favorite Disney character is Tigger.

My wife unfortunately has a phobia of full body costumed characters and thinks the Disney Parks are too commercial :sad1: so we have only gone together once and not sure when I will ever get her to go back.
However, my sister, my best friend and I all share a love of Disney and I can't wait till we can go together again someday!

IMG_0211.jpg
My wife (in the hat) and me.

IMG_1601.jpg

My sister took this of me, we have an odd sense of humor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter