New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by chwgmjay, Jan 10, 2011.

1. DrGaellon

DrGaellon Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

In what are you training? I'm a hospitalist and an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of General Internal Medicine at NYMC/Westchester Medical Center.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. happypaws

happypaws Earning My Ears

I'm an Emergency Medicine resident at Uconn primarily based at Hartford Hospital.

4. DrGaellon

Cool. Good luck! :)

5. nabi

nabi Home at Disney!

I love seagulls. There was one that visited me (unprompted) daily when I was a lifeguard at an outdoor pool. I named him Hobbs 'cause he walked a little hobbly due to one leg being shorter than the other. I miss Hobbs, it's been 20 years. When I learn how to post a pic I'll add one.

6. cowboibabyy

cowboibabyy Earning My Ears

Hello everyone. Jason here from Birmingham, AL. Can't post a pic yet but that's is me in my avatar. I will provide more info once I have more privileges.

7. DrGaellon

Welcome nabi and cowboibabyy. You can both upload pics. You have to have them on a hosting service - either your own, or a photo site like Photobucket or Fotki. Get the URL for the picture, then type "[ IMG ] http://YOUR.URL.HERE [ /IMG ]" (without the quotation marks or extra spaces). That will grab the pic from the hosting site and include it in your post.

8. JamesSellDE

JamesSellDE Hey from Delaware

HEy gang, I'm James from Delaware.

Pic taken at last year's event:
    [​IMG]

9. BrerEthan

BrerEthan Earning My Ears

Hey guys. Introduced myself in other thread but figured I'd post here too. Am 26 year old writer, actor and personal training living in NYC. Huge mousejunkie, in to fitness-- not really super big in to the gay scene, but find most guys my age aren't really that much these days. Would love to meet other awesome disney people :) maybe a prince haha...

[​IMG]

10. lacetea

lacetea Earning My Ears

Hi I'm Danielle and my username is lacetea. I just really love lacy dresses and I love tea hehe pretty straightforward.
    I live in Minnesota and have been here all my life. I'm 19 soon to be twenty on the last day of April and I will be celebrating that birthday at WDW :) I'm so pumped, it will be my first time at the parks.
    I am taken by my lovely girlfriend. We've been together for 7 months and have been best friends for about 5 years. I'm still in closet with my family though but my gf's family is really supportive of us.
    I haven't experienced any of the parks yet so I will have to let you know after I get back from my trip at the end of this month.
    My favorite Disney movie? Goodness that's a toughie, I think I'll go with Cinderella. It's been my favorite since I was five. I also am in love with The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It's so hard to choose.
    My favorite princess is Cinderella. It will never change no matter what.
    My favorite Disney character is Quasimodo. He is just so lovable and kind. I just want to hug him into oblivion.

11. BlackMagicWoman

BlackMagicWoman Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm Alicia. I'm from NYC. I'm engaged and I took my fiance to DisneyWorld for her first time last year for Star Wars Weekend. I some great pics of us but I can't figure out how to attach them on this board aside from using a URL.

I'm a big time Disneyphile, vacation planner extraordinaire for my family. I go to Disney every two years with my family which include my 12 year old daughter. Avatar pic is me, my mom, my daughter and my daughter's bff from my daughter's first trip to disney in 2007.

My Favorite Disney Movie is Beauty and the Beast.
    Favorite Princess is Belle.
    Favorite park is Hollywood Studios
    Favorite Character is Mickey of course.

12. tony609

tony609 "I've Gotta Show To Do"

Hey we're neighbors. My partner and I live in Lewisville. I am the big disney nut. Him Not so much. He will go once a year with me but for the,other one or two I am on my own with friends. Lol

13. NickAndAnt

NickAndAnt Earning My Ears

Hi,
    I'm Anthony and my man of 17-years is Nicholas. We're in our 40s (I'm 49) and our doing our first Disney thing ever on a cruise on the Dream on May 19th.

We're so excited and are both behaving like kids while we anticipate the trip, so perhaps we're closet Disaficionados and don't know it yet.

I'm "from West Philadelphia, born and raised" as the old song goes. Nick is a NYC boy through and through, originally from Queens. We live 2-minutes outside of Philly with way, way too many pets.

Nice to "meet" everyone.:) I'm on the left in the avatar, Nick is on the right. Bigger version at the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100936679458733&l=baaaa439f5

14. karen1987

karen1987 Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

My partner and I have been together for five years, and became engaged Christmas 2011! We are from the UK, although my partner is originally from Zimbabwe, and are both 26 years old.

We are both massive Disney fans, although my partner has never visited any Disney park before, although that should all change later this year (fingers crossed!).

I'm a long time reader, but only joined the forums today. All the advice, especially on the Gay and Lesbian section has been brilliant, so thank you.

Karen and Nikki

15. arianrose

arianrose Earning My Ears

I never actually introduced myself here! My partner and I have been together for 6 years, and engaged for 3 of them. Whenever anyone asks when we're going to get married, we tell them "when the state will let us." We live in Minnesota with our two adorable and elderly cats.

We're currently planning a trip to WDW for our 8th anniversary in 2014. I've been before, but it will be her very first time. I'm so excited to watch her experiences.

16. amberg93

amberg93 DIS Veteran

That is so cool! I hope you two have an awesome anniversary trip.

Okay, I'm finally going to introduce myself in here! =D

My name is Amber, I'm 20 years old and I live in Michigan. Well, sorta. See, I married my beautiful wife Marie (MarieLightning on the disboards) on April 20, 2012 and now I'm going through the super fun process of immigration to Canada. I stay with her in Quebec when I don't work (which is most of the year, so that we can be together). I also spend a few odd weeks here and there in Michigan for purposes of not looking like I live in Canada instead of the U.S. (bad for Canadian immigration). My summers are spent entirely in Michigan though, from May until September because I work at an amusement park there.

We've always been Disney fans but we took our first Disney World trip together this past November and it was amazing. Seriously, such an amazing week and we can't wait to go back again. We're planning a trip to WDW in April 2014 right around our anniversary (April 20th) and a 'weekend trip' to DLP in September.

My favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast, Tangled and Cars (1 and 2). My favorite princess is Belle and my favorite WDW park is Epcot.

Here's a picture of the two of us on our Disney trip. I'm the one in the blue.

[​IMG]

17. Disney4aLifetime

Disney4aLifetime Living a Disney Life

Hi all.. I'm Ken and my partner Mark and I are moving to Orlando in September/October of this year. We've been together 4 years (on Wednesday, actually) and we are 44 and 39 years old.

We also write a blog about our journey in the planning. We hope to make great friends in the Orlando area!

Updated: 5/12/13.. Here's a picture of me at California Adventure. Mark is the photographer. Thanks Amberg93 for your help with uploading.

[​IMG]

And here is a picture of Mark in the bone cage in the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island at Disneyland.

[​IMG]

18. amberg93

amberg93 DIS Veteran

Hi Ken! Your blog seems cool, although I've never been a fan of moving (too much of it in my life) but I'm glad that you're excited for it!

As for adding a picture upload it first on to another site (photobucket, tinypic, etc) and then just add the url of the image into the box that pops up when you click on the yellow box of the mountain with the sun. :)

19. Tinkerboy00

Tinkerboy00 DIS Veteran

What a great looking bunch we are!

Ken - if you have any Orlando/Florida questions let me know. We are both from Gainesville, and have lived in Orlando as well.

20. SarahBeth79

SarahBeth79 Earning My Ears

Hi, im new here and just thought if say hi, Im Sarah from Charlotte and Im a young 33!

21. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

Welcome Sarah!! :)