Never been to Boardwalk Villas..what's it like?

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
Just booked a studio on a cash reservation for a quick 3 night trip in April :cool1: (just my DH and me). We're going on a week long family vacation at AKV in June. Have stayed at BCV and love it there but have never been to Boardwalk. Can you give me some suggestions, information, hints to make this trip more special? Is there somewhere to use the resort mug? Place for breakfast? Thanks.

(Does anyone mind if I jump in and subscribe to this thread? We're heading for BWV in 7 days and are so excited we can hardly stand it.)

We haven't stayed at BWV before, but on past trips to WDW, my DH and I have always left the kids with the grandparents for one night so we could go to Jellyrolls (the piano bar). It's our little tradition.

We're looking forward to checking out the goings-on at the Boardwalk and trying out the Boardwalk Bakery and Spoodles. Our kids are really excited to try the clown slide.

For Breakfast and Mug refills try the Boardwalk Bakery. There is sometimes a long line in the morning, but even then it's worth the wait! I used to live for the "Cinnamon Yummies," but during our last trip discovered their Sticky Buns. Awesome!

The boats at the BWV are good, but I often choose to walk to MGM or EPCOT if they are not there when I get to the dock. Not too far a walk to either park.

BWV is our home resort and we are never unhappy about staying there. (Even though they do seem to have the longest hallways in WDW.)

I own at SSR and have stayed at SSR, OKW, Cont, POR, All Star, Ft. Wilderness, and a few others I can't think of right now. Last September I stayed at BWV and fell in love. I think SSR and OKW are great but I really got the feeling of "home" at BWV. The atmosphere is fun, the pool is great, the location is so desirable!! I have two little kiddos and I think BWV is the perfect place to stay with them.

In regards to the DVC resorts, I felt SSR was a bit to "stuffy" for noisy little kids and I felt both OKW and SSR were too spread out, which means you end up waiting for buses for a Looooonnnngggg time, load the stroller, keep kids sitting, etc etc. At least at BWV (and BCV) you can just up and walk to two of the parks! We always brought food for the ducks that we would pass as we were walking and that seemed to entertain the little ones during the short walk.

The nightlife is fun, the shops are fun, as mentioned in another reply, the bakery is delicious, and on and on! I think you'll enjoy it!

Only 97 more days until I'm back at BWV!!:yay:

We went to BWV in Dec. 07 and loved it. I did feel like we were home granted this was our first DVC stay. The views were great, the walk to epcot was great, having the boat to mgm was great, the bakery was great, the ice cream was great.....It was just great :banana: :banana:

We are going to BCV this July and I hope we love it as much at BWV.

I'm sure you will enjoy your vacation. ;)

This may be the busiest time of year that we've ever traveled to WDW, so I've tried to prepare everyone for the idea that we may want to spend more time at the resort if the crowds are too much at the parks.

We've never spent time at a Community Hall...does anyone have thoughts on the one at BWV? Our kids are 9, 7, 5 and 3. Also, the kids love boats, but if we decide to rent a pontoon or something, do you think it's better to go over to the bigger lake (Seven Seas?), or is Crescent Lake exciting enough?

Please share more about BWV!!! It helps make the time go faster. :)

The other DVC's have an area where you can purchase milk, prepared foods, soda cans, wine, etc. Is there somewhere you can get these things?

BWV reminds me alot of my childhood growing up visiting a beach town with a boardwalk!! Many folks from NJ, MD, and the mid-atlantic have a LOVE for this resort. Now I'm not speaking for every person, but just in general. So it is truely like my "second" home because it reminds me so much of it. Now getting past the emotions, there are great things for the older crowd (teens to adults) to enjoy. The pool is very nice, esp. for younger children,(I think it is zero entry). Nothing like catching the boat or walking home from two parks! And of course, the room with a "view", that would be boardwalk view rooms! And I have 2 bdrm. coming up with that "view" in 50 days!! Am I getting you excited yet!!:goodvibes

to do's:
- walk around the lobby, paying attention to the beaty & detail
-hang out by/in the pools (the clown slide really is a lot of fun:thumbsup2 )
-stop in to community hall (ping-pong, video games, etc)
-get some delicious baked goods at the bakery, & ice cream at the sweet shop, & sit on the big chairs on the decking over village green
-rent a surrey bike, & pedal til you drop
-have drinks at BRG while sitting outside people-watching
-make everyone look at themselves in the fun house mirror
-watch the street performers (magician, swordeater, etc)
-play one or two or 3 arcade games (lobster pot thing, water balloon shoot, basketball)
- get your (or your DDs) hair braided
- stroll over to EPCOT, making sure to stop in the gazebo for a :hug:
-watch illuminations from the bridge b'tween BW & BC, or on the BW itself
- take a ferry (look for "mike the bird man" :thumbsup2 ) to BC & sit on the beach with a book
- grab a slice of pizza from the spodles take-out
- eat at ESPN, flying fish, BRG, and/or spoodles
- hit jellyrolls for some over 21 fun
- buy DVC (just checking to see if you were still reading) ;)

re the boats: we prefer renting the boats at the poly (much less congested, & lots of room to "roam"). do get there early when it's less crowded
grocery-type items are available in the screen door (near the back entrance to the lobby)
we have stayed at the vast majority of deluxe & DVC resorts, & found that not only are the BWVs consistantly our favorite, we love them even more everytime we stay there :lovestruc

hth
laurie s :)

What view do you have? We've alway stayed the 1 bedroom, standard view, high floor. We can see the firework from our balcony...and if it is quiet enough, we can even hear the music.:banana: You will love Boardwalk. My boys, 8 and 14 love to "hang" out at night on the Boardwalk and watch the entertainers perform.
We're going in August and again will be staying a BWV. Have a great trip this April.

:cool1:

BWV is our home resoirt and we love it! You can use the mugs at the Boarwalk Bakery. Yummies are great oo! You can get groceriers downstairs, but we always stop on the way to the resort to pick up grocery essentials. We use Tiffany Town Car and they give you a 30 minute visit to the grocery store if needed.

We love Spoodles and Jellyrolls. Leaping Libations is a fan favorite (try the Creamsicle drink!)

My DH made the reservation and he said that he was told we would have lagoon or pool view. Thank you all very much for your fantastic suggestions. Boardwalk sounds great and I can't wait!

My advice from a BWV lover:

1. Get a standard view room; if you get a BW view, it gets very noisy at night!

2. My DH and I would love to grab a slice at the Spoodles outdoor counter; great pizza (and IMHO, WDW really doesn't have the best pizza and this place is GOOD).

3. You have to do B.Bakery for breakfast; amazing!

4. ESPN Club is great if you're a sports fan; we go there all of the time, and for WDW, the prices are very good.

5. This place (along with YC/BC) has the best running path around the lake (.8 miles). If you're a runner, you'll love this; you'll never get board.

6. Although my fav is BCV (duh, look at my handle), this does have the best location since it is so close to EPCOT and DHS (staying at the BCV, EPCOT is very close, but it's a hike to DHS).

We loved BWV. If you have a chance, check out my trip report. I have quite a few pics of the resort.

TK

We absolutely love BWV. We think Jelly Rolls is lots of fun. We always have to stop at ESPN for wings. DS could walk around forever looking at sports memorabilia. We love to sit on the Boardwalk and people watch.
Our favorite place to rent the pontoons is OKW. There is a lot more to see and you actually feel like you are going somewhere and not just round and round a pool.

This may be the busiest time of year that we've ever traveled to WDW, so I've tried to prepare everyone for the idea that we may want to spend more time at the resort if the crowds are too much at the parks.

We've never spent time at a Community Hall...does anyone have thoughts on the one at BWV? Our kids are 9, 7, 5 and 3. Also, the kids love boats, but if we decide to rent a pontoon or something, do you think it's better to go over to the bigger lake (Seven Seas?), or is Crescent Lake exciting enough?

Please share more about BWV!!! It helps make the time go faster. :)

We did the community hall and the mice boats during our last trip --2 weeks ago!!

My kids 9 & 7 love community hall. There are Video game, a air hockey, ping pong, big box of legos with the table, bikes to rent, all kinds of crafts and a comfy chair with a big TV. During the past 4 trips we have spent time there on our last day or a non park day.

We also rented the boats. I didn't realize that instead of renting 2 of the water mice we could have rented a small boat instead. The Watermice cost us $60 and the boat was only $45 and could hold 4-6 people. You can't go too fast but you are allowed to go over to DHS and back again. My DD and I had a blast with them, but my DH & DD7 got wet and weren't too happy about it, but we didn't. It was fun and different.

Have a good trip!!

Two words...room service!

Words of wisdom. We will do RS a couple times (for dinner) during our stay. We find that the entrees are big enough for two so we will order one entree and two salads. We will have our own beverages (various kinds) in the room so it works out to be a good bit cheaper than going to the restaurant.

Plus... you get to be alone, which is real nice to have a meal alone after... well, special alone time.... ;)

Have a great time. :)

Bakery is yummy, long lines in the a.m., but it's where we get our coffee and breakfast every day. Sweet Shoppe ice cream, yummy and a fun atmosphere. General Store is big and has great stuff, I shop for my souveniers/gifts here. JELLYROLLS - a must, and LOTS of fun. Big River Grille is a working brewery/restaurant, good food, good beer. Spoodles is good too, ESPN is perfect for a beer and a burger, or appetizers and drinks. I have never dined at the Flying Fish, so I can't offer an opinion though I hear its very good. At night there is strolling entertainment along the boardwalk. Face painting, hair wrapping, tarot card reader, etc.

The resort itself is beautiful. The pool is great for kids (big and small :)
There's surrey bike rentals on the boardwalk, community hall by the quiet pool that offers arts and crafts and table games for the kids, as well as bike rentals for the family. The rooms are great! And the location is amazing!

Enjoy it!

The rooms are very pretty, no bad views IMHO

We love the BW. :lovestruc

Our first trip was 9 days in June 2006 and our next trip is June 2008 for another 9 days. :cloud9: This time we're getting a Boardwalk view.

Can hardly wait. :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

So much to do right there and you can walk to Epcot or walk/boat to Disney Studios. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter