• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Never been to Animal Kingdom…need some advice

It has more to do with weight distribution than it does with sitting in the "wet chair". There is no one seat that is predictively wetter than any other. But the weight distribution of the vehicle itself will largely dictate who goes backwards down the drop(s). Also, the last time we went, we got far wetter from the shooting fountains/water guns than we did from the ride itself. And there is no way to predict which seat will bear the brunt of that. But if you know it is coming, you might be able to duck or dodge that deluge. But not always.
~LOL. That's not what I said. I know there is no specific "wet chair" -- and it has nothing to do with "weight distribution." :lmao: My DH is 220 lbs and I am 115 lbs. -- it's impossible to predict exactly who will get wet on this ride -- but we do know that someone will. Who gets wet -- is completely random, unless you're my DH. :lmao:

~LOL. That's not what I said. I know there is no specific "wet chair" --
Here is what you posted:
But, there are a few chairs that always get soaked. My DH always gets the wet chair!

That certainly sounded to me as if you were suggesting that there are a few chairs that always get wet, (as opposed to a few riders who always get wet).

and it has nothing to do with "weight distribution."
Of course it does. Put 4 really heavy people in the boat, all on one side, and 4 little kids in the boat, all on one side, and the odds are, the heavy people will get more wet. The boat is "free floating" and "free spinning". The heavy side will find its way to the bottom. Its called ballast. Remember:
Gravity. It's not just a good idea. It's the law!

OP you've gotten some excellent advice from some of us who really love AK. As for advice on planning your the park day, I'd recommend taking a look at the AK cheat sheets at easywdw.com. It will give you a good idea of which rides to do first, second, third, etc.

Here is what you posted:

That certainly sounded to me as if you were suggesting that there are a few chairs that always get wet, (as opposed to a few riders who always get wet).

Of course it does. Put 4 really heavy people in the boat, all on one side, and 4 little kids in the boat, all on one side, and the odds are, the heavy people will get more wet. The boat is "free floating" and "free spinning". The heavy side will find its way to the bottom. Its called ballast. Remember:
~Ugh.... there are a few chairs that always get wet and yes my DH always manages to get wet -- that's what I meant. It's completely random -- just because the boat "may" spin slower doesn't make it mathematical certainty that the fattest people on the ride will get wet. :lmao:

~You can have it all, genius. It's become quite obvious that you will argue this no matter how far fetched and ridiculous your argument is. Okay, genius -- you are right -- you win. You win! :goodvibes

~Unsubscribed.......

Definitely go and see the animal trails. We saw hippos, lots of fish, birds, gorillas and more.

• My DH always manages to get wet
  • It's completely random

These two statements are completely inconsistent. If it were random, your husband would sometimes get wet. Sorry if you find this concept to be ridiculous.

These two statements are completely inconsistent. If it were random, your husband would sometimes get wet. Sorry if you find this concept to be ridiculous.

Maybe it's random and her DH is just unlucky? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

On Kali River Rapids we all joked with my mother in law about putting on her rain poncho and hood, but she got off the ride completely dry and we were all soaking wet! Since it was very hot outside that didn't bother us. But if you girls want to ride and not soaked.....wearing their rain ponchos should do the trick. Just make sure they keep their feet off the bottom of the boat, think there is a rail you can prop them up on. That way their feet stay dry!

Have fun, we love Animal Kingdom! Just get ready for lots of walking.

:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

And I guess it is either "random" or bad luck that the weighted keel of a boat always seems to end up below the water line. I don't know about you, but I'd never get on a ship if I thought that it was completely random if the part of the ship that remained upright was either the heavier hull or the lighter topside! :lmao:

It has more to do with weight distribution than it does with sitting in the "wet chair". There is no one seat that is predictively wetter than any other. But the weight distribution of the vehicle itself will largely dictate who goes backwards down the drop(s). Also, the last time we went, we got far wetter from the shooting fountains/water guns than we did from the ride itself. And there is no way to predict which seat will bear the brunt of that. But if you know it is coming, you might be able to duck or dodge that deluge. But not always.

This! Do NOT skip the Pagani or Majarajah Trails. We spend more time observing bats, gorillas and tigers than we do on the rides some days. To us, these trails are what AK is really all about and we devote a fair amount of time to exploring them to their fullest. You'll hear the occassional: "But we have a zoo back home." So what? Are the tigers at AK any less majestic or captivating simply because you town has a monkey house? Your daughters will love this part of AK, for sure.
Here- you say there no one seat that is predictively wetter than any other.

Here is what you posted:

Here- you the heavy people will get wet because it's the law. BWAHAHAH!:rotfl2: You don't make no sense. The part where you get drenched is the waterfall and that is up above you----the boat sinking has nothing to do with it.

What college did you go to? Because I would get all A's at that college. :rotfl2:

The part where you get drenched is the waterfall and that is up above you----the boat sinking has nothing to do with it.
Some people get wet when the vehicle hits the water after the plunge. That is what I am referring to. Of course the water coming from above has nothing to do with this.

I took it as a joke......I can't believe how someone could actually that there is an actual wet chair!!!!!!! Man, some people will argue about anything no matter how crazy they sound. :rotfl2: I know for a fact that the heaviest people don't always get wet------and the OP husband weight is 220..... but-it doesn't make him obese......it all depends on how tall you are and how you are built.....like your frame.

Some people get wet when the vehicle hits the water after the plunge. That is what I am referring to. Of course the water coming from above has nothing to do with this.
You only get drenched on the waterfall.......and your weight has nothing to do with it-----I know that for a fact. Heavy people ride this all the time and don't get wet. You don't know what you're talking about. Now- what's the name of that college again?????? :rotfl2:

I took it as a joke......I can't believe how someone could actually that there is an actual wet chair!!!!!!! Man, some people will argue about anything no matter how crazy they sound. :rotfl2: I know for a fact that the heaviest people don't always get wet------and the OP husband weight is 220..... but-it doesn't make him obese......it all depends on how tall you are and how you are built.....like your frame.

I thought the laughing heads might have pointed out i wasn't being totally serious... Hey Ho

On Kali River Rapids we all joked with my mother in law about putting on her rain poncho and hood, but she got off the ride completely dry and we were all soaking wet! Since it was very hot outside that didn't bother us. But if you girls want to ride and not soaked.....wearing their rain ponchos should do the trick. Just make sure they keep their feet off the bottom of the boat, think there is a rail you can prop them up on. That way their feet stay dry!

Have fun, we love Animal Kingdom! Just get ready for lots of walking.
Haha!!!! According to JimmyV........since y'all got wet----you all must be very heavy because the boat keeled over and your MIL must be rail thin. :rotfl2:

Seriously speaking though`- these are all good points and good advice for Kali River. :thumbsup2

I agree with others that AK is so much more than just the rides. Take your time when you're there and go through every trail. You might be surprised at what you find. I dragged my friend up every random trail on Discovery Island and found Kangaroos just randomly tucked away.

I think the people that say AK is a half day park are those that are just focused on the rides. Yes there are only a few rides but if you want to experience everything (rides, shows, trails) it is easily a full day park.

For riding, I hate rides that drop. You will never get me on ToT. I looked up Everest (on the possibility that I may try to take it on next trip). Apparently the biggest drop is similar (at least in height) to the one at Splash (which I did through I didn't realize how big it was when I got on... may have given it a second thought if I had known).

I'd try to hit the Safari twice, once at rope drop then another in the afternoon (possibly with FP+. Different animals are active at different times so going twice will get you a whole different experience.

There are lockers right outside the entrance to Kali River Rapids. So you can bring extra clothes, towels, shoes, whatever, and store them there for the day, and then after you get soaked, change or dry off and store the wet stuff back in the locker.

For this if you want to store your stuff for the day you have to pay for the locker. But if you want to just store it for the length of your ride(usually an hour window but I think it changes depending on estimated wait time) it is free. What I did was brought flip flops to ride it. Stored my sneakers and socks while I rode and then switched back after. I also had an extra shirt but decided not to switch that and just let it dry while I was wearing it.

Wearing a poncho on Kali didn't help me anymore than wearing a poncho and jumping into a swimming pool.

Wow! Thanks so much for all of the feedback! I think we will skip the water ride. I really don't think anyone in my family will care enough to have to worry about changing clothes but I'll ask them.

Many of you are saying I should do certain rides in the morning because of stand by queues later in the day but I already have FP+ for the safari 11-12, Expedition Everest 12:55-1:55 and Primeval Whirl 2:20-3:20 so was planning to do the Dinosaur ride (and the kiddy one) at EMH so we are never waiting for anything. You think I should change them around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter