Never Again in February

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by CHIPSTER, Feb 11, 2013.

1. dolphindan1

dolphindan1 What is a Tag?<br><font color=blue>dang no TAG

Can you elaborate any on this.....I hope you are not telling a group that is already sitting for the parade and you come up with kids that they cant sit there cause they are in front of your kids....I also hope you are not telling people to be quiet cause there is a kid/baby sleeping...I dont think anyone has to be quiet on a bus or a themepark cause a kid is sleeping....

Ask them politely to hold it down please...I can understand

Just getting clarification cause your post just sounds wrong...

Oh and Disney will never do anything about these groups as they make a ton of money off of them, more than you and I throw at the parks...Disney will try and keep us happy but these groups will always be coming....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

Epcot yesterday was less crowded thankfully. I think the longest we waited was about a hour (!) for Character Spot. Everything else was <20-30 minutes.

4. Padric

Padric Earning My Ears

I agree. DW and I went for our 10 year anniversary in 2007. We arrived the Thursday before Labor day. There was a noticeable drop off in crowd level after Labor Day.

We then went again in 2009 but this time in mid September and we were surprised with the crowd sizes. It wasn't ridiculous by any means, just not what we were expecting.

5. wesjohnson

wesjohnson Earning My Ears

We were there from 1.24-2.4 and we thought the crowds were worse than usual. We've traveled to WDW in February numerous times and we love it because the crowds were so low. The weekends were NUTS. I think the warm weather brought out all the locals. 120 min wait for Test Track, 100 min wait for Peter Pan, 90 min wait for Big Thunder Mountain. We got fast passes to Little Mermaid but the line was 60 minutes at 9am. We did Enchanted Tales with Belle at 9pm at night after Wishes; wait time posted as 55 min but we were in within 20 minutes.

It definitely was much more crowded than normal during this time. I checked Easy WDW and the crowd calendar predicted 2-3 on weekend; 1-2 during the week. NO WAY. I would say it was close to 6-7 on weekend and 4-5 during the week.

We did not have any problem with touring groups...didn't even see them. There were massive crowds at the main attractions and also after the fireworks.

We also need a break from Disney after that trip...may wait 2-3 years before returning. Too much money, too much waiting, not enough relaxing.

6. mjallemand

mjallemand Est. 1985

Troubling if true, currently planning on the last week of January 2015, supposedly the second slowest week of the year.(outside of September)

That being said, next trip will be much more relaxed, as last trip was my girlfriend's first time, so we felt a bigger need to hit as many attractions as possible. This go-round we'll be able to skip a few that she went on once before...allowing us to take our time a bit more.

7. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

We were just there 2/10 - 2/16 and didn't find it all that bad. I guess I am used to being there at busier times. The only time it seemed crowded was Monday afternoon at the MK, in the evening it was empty. We were able to get adrs each day at reasonable times for our group (usually 11) just 5 weeks ago in park restaurants. I'm usually scrambling for a party of 4 or 5 months ahead of time.

When we saw the tour groups we went a different way.

8. meowmarie

meowmarie DIS Veteran

We were there the first week of Feb and found the crowds to be busier than expected, especially during the week. Our resort (POP) was sold out every night I believe, and the food lines were crazy long until nearly closing time. The shots below were taken on Monday Feb 4 about 10pm in the food court. We hit MK on Tuesday the 5th at rope drop, ran back to Belle and had an hour wait. Got in line for BOG lunch before 10:30 and had an almost 45 minute wait. LM was an hour at that point, luckily we had grabbed fast passes. Went over to circus area, dumbo was almost an hour, barnstormer was 35 minutes. Peter Pan was about an hour all day, as was Space Mountain and BTMRR. Luckily we used our fastpasses to the max and besides Belle and BOG we hardly waited in any lines. But we were with friends who come at this time every year and they were beyond shocked at the lines. We heard from countless CM's that they weren't planning on the crowds being that large, and one night they stayed open an extra "surprise" hour too. Epcot on Wednesday was ok. Plenty of stuff to walk on but TT and Soarin was 45+ all day. Thank you again fastpasses lol. We still had a great time but I did expect it to be slower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

The chaperones don't don't them because they are not doing anything wrong. Chanting on a public bus is acceptable. Sitting on the sidewalk where there is room is acceptable. I am sure these kids are more polite than American kids who would just blow you off if you tried to correct them.

10. MacClemsons

MacClemsons Mouseketeer

We were also at MK 2/6, AK 2/7, MK 2/8 and EP 2/9. How funny! Agree that MK lines were significantly worse on 2/8 than 2/6. We went back on 2/10 and 2/12 and they were even worse. We were able to stay ahead of most of the crowds (seemed most people headed to FL first which we did our first day) so other areas of the parks didn't get busy til lunchtime. Went to HS 2/11 and they opened 20 min early. We got FP for TSM and rode it all before 9am. Rode it again by 9:30. Crowds picked up and we were only able to ride RR and ToT once. Even LM was so busy, we used a fp. Granted we usually go in slow times but this was the first time we ever saw the fp machines working for LM. Fantasmic that night was standing room only 30 min before show.

While the crowds may not have been comparable to 4th of July, it certainly was more crowded than we expected.

11. GOLFDISNEY72

GOLFDISNEY72 Mouseketeer

Crowds are just part of it now. No more slow times. We go in the morning then relax in the afternoon. Then do what we can at night. It not going to stop us from going.

12. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

Now who's generalizing?