• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nervous about Concourse Steakhouse

What did your 4 year old have to eat - mine is sooo picky I swear sometimes he doesn't even belong to me.

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread BTW

This is one of the days I thought the kid was going to fall asleep in his meal:rotfl: but I think he had the pizza and I think I might have had to ask for it without the chicken topping. Both of my guys are extremely picky so I can relate

I'm sure you can have them bring it on the side, it's like a glaze, but to be honest, it's not hot, both of my girls usually wind up stealing steak off of our plates or sharing with us as they love it too. So sad to see that it's leaving for yet another funky themed restaurant. Why can't they realize that "if it ain't broke, dont' fix it" ???

Wait a minute. WHAT?? :scared1: Concourse is leaving??? What the...

Please say it ain't so. :confused: :sad1: :sad2:

ive been to Disney so much, used to love whatever chef mickeys was called back in the mid 90s before it was chef mickeys and the food went downhill faster than I do on summit plummit (61mph by the way).

Excited for the concourse for my trip in a few weeks.
sad to see it go.... protest anyone?

Give it a shot, it's been good for us. It is relocating and won't be the same.:earsboy:

Ok, I just talked to a CM and they said they had absolutely NO information regarding the closing of Concourse Steakhouse. They said it would be temporarily closed during the renovations, and they aren't allowed to make ADRs during that time, but there was no indication that there'd be no re-opening of Concourse Steakhouse upon completion of the renovations.

So if indeed they're relocating, then the only thing that would change would be the atmosphere. I'd be ok with that. If it's the same menu and the same staff, I'm happy.

Ok, I just talked to a CM and they said they had absolutely NO information regarding the closing of Concourse Steakhouse. They said it would be temporarily closed during the renovations, and they aren't allowed to make ADRs during that time, but there was no indication that there'd be no re-opening of Concourse Steakhouse upon completion of the renovations.

So if indeed they're relocating, then the only thing that would change would be the atmosphere. I'd be ok with that. If it's the same menu and the same staff, I'm happy.

I thought they were putting a Chef Mickey Express in that location.:confused3

Perhaps they are, and Concourse will be at another part of the resort. That wouldn't be the worst. That would just mean relocation for Concourse. Like I said, that I can handle. But the idea of there being no more Concourse Steakhouse is heartbreaking to me! I'm still not over Alfredo's! LOL

I didn't ask anything about relocation or CM Express. I just asked if it was true that Concourse Steakhouse was closing.

The answer was that no, it's not closing. I made her look specifically, LOL

What did your 4 year old have to eat - mine is sooo picky I swear sometimes he doesn't even belong to me.

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread BTW

My somewhat picky 6 year old daughter ate grilled chicken, didn't eat her fresh green beans but I think they brought her French fries.

DisneyLover75 said:
Perhaps they are, and Concourse will be at another part of the resort. That wouldn't be the worst. That would just mean relocation for Concourse. Like I said, that I can handle. But the idea of there being no more Concourse Steakhouse is heartbreaking to me! I'm still not over Alfredo's! LOL

I didn't ask anything about relocation or CM Express. I just asked if it was true that Concourse Steakhouse was closing.

The answer was that no, it's not closing. I made her look specifically, LOL

Here is proof that the Concourse Steakhouse is closing and won't ever be coming back.

August 2007 - Newly renovated Fantasia Shop will re-open.

June 11, 2007 through November 2007 - The Lobby will undergo partitioned refurbishments to update the area's image and decor.

July 2007 through October 2007 - The resort's grounds will undergo partitioned refurbishments to install new landscaping and re-route existing guests paths.

July 30, 2007 through April 2008 - The Food & Fun Center will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as a new table service option, "The Wave". During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge.

April 2008 through August 14, 2008 -The Concourse Steak house will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as the new Counter Service location for the resort. During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge.

If you read the last line of the renovation schedule it clearly says how the Concourse Steakhouse location will become the new Counter service location, which is rumoured to be called Chef Mickey's Express.

A thousand expletives are going through my head right now. I just don't want to say them, cause they're so naughty.

Not directed at anyone, just out of anger, sadness and disappointment about that news.

Well now that it won't be there much longer, you have to go!!

My boyfriend and I ate there in May 2007 on one of the last nights of our trip. I was apprehensive too, but it was fantastic! As a PP said, it wasn't the best meal of our trip, but definitely not the worst. My steak was a tad dry, but still delicious.

Our server that night was the best and most attentive that we had the entire trip. He was also serving a large group at the table next to us who had no clue how their DDP worked, and he looked stressed. But he went above and beyond to make sure BF and I were happy at all times and was always friendly, never making us feel rushed. BF said he definitely met the most important criteria as far as he's concerned: keeping his water glass filled at all times! :) He even agreed to take a couple of pictures of us at our table, which we thought was very sweet of him. Needless to say, we tipped him well!!

The food and the service at Concourse Steakhouse make it a wonderful dining experience, and I will be sad to see it go.

My somewhat picky 6 year old daughter ate grilled chicken, didn't eat her fresh green beans but I think they brought her French fries.

Mine pretty much likes chicken strips or pasta. Occasionally pizza. I'm hoping he'll eat the pizza that night. If not maybe I can get our server (with a large tip) to either bring him some plain penne pasta (looks like they have penne as an adult menu item) or steal some chicken tenders from the Chef Mickey's buffet line.

Mine pretty much likes chicken strips or pasta. Occasionally pizza. I'm hoping he'll eat the pizza that night. If not maybe I can get our server (with a large tip) to either bring him some plain penne pasta (looks like they have penne as an adult menu item) or steal some chicken tenders from the Chef Mickey's buffet line.

Im pretty sure DS10 had the penne pasta with butter. He was 9 at the time. He lived on that and mac and cheese while we we there with an occasional chicken strip thrown in. I can get him to eat much better when we are home than on vacation so I dont stress. Although I was very excited to get some cooked green beans in him from the adult plate at Garden Grill at Epcot. He will not eat raw veggies so the carrots they served with most of the kids meals was out and he wont go near a salad. Like I said when we get home I load him up with veggies he will eat!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter