Nemesis Challenge: No Pain, No Gain. A ½ Marathon 2013 NEW Updates 2/20 NEW

I've read your comments about not running on a few threads... Train a bit and do a 5k to see if you like it. I think I'm addicted. Now if I can only get back to training. :headache:

I've run a 5K a few times. Not in an official race of course but the distance. Can't say I liked it all that much :rotfl: But my son needed to run with someone so I sucked it up. I can do it, and considering I don't run, my times aren't hideous as a starting point. But I can't say I liked it.

I am finding myself in an odd spot though. With a few various health issues I've been locked out of some (several) things I love to do and may well find myself in a situation where running may be something I can do without (re)injuring myself as an alternative.

I find that supremely annoying. :rotfl:

We will see. I do need to figure out something, I've become complacent in my workouts as a result of my limitations and that's not ok.

What a wonderful name, and yes that will be a funny story to tell ....even funnier if the ultrasound was wrong. Sorry son, you are stuck with that name, we had a towel made with it. :rotfl2:
:lmao::lmao: :lmao::lmao:

Melody would have a nervous breakdown if that happened!

I had a few things done in Claire's name before she was born. I found the sex out by amnio, and it was like 96% accurate, and I worried that I would be that small percentage that was wrong.
She had that with Christopher so we were very sure. This one was a level 2 ultrasound so we are fairly certain.

I watched the video and I did see you! You are now FAMOUS!!!!!
I'll give you my autograph next time I see you. :cool2:

That must've been one big tour group, as I can't believe they couldn't move them through faste enough. 80 minutes is crazy!
I know. I couldn't believe it myself.

I've run a 5K a few times. Not in an official race of course but the distance. Can't say I liked it all that much :rotfl: But my son needed to run with someone so I sucked it up. I can do it, and considering I don't run, my times aren't hideous as a starting point. But I can't say I liked it.

I am finding myself in an odd spot though. With a few various health issues I've been locked out of some (several) things I love to do and may well find myself in a situation where running may be something I can do without (re)injuring myself as an alternative.

I find that supremely annoying. :rotfl:

We will see. I do need to figure out something, I've become complacent in my workouts as a result of my limitations and that's not ok.
I'm sure you could handle it if you want to. I know running by myself isn't that fun but when there are a few thousand people running with you it is really fun.

I will say running does take a toll on your body. Those repeated foot strikes can mess you up. Believe me, I know. :sad2:

I had no idea you were writing another trip report, or that you were expecting a new little one!!!! YAY for both of those things!!!

I had no idea you were writing another trip report, or that you were expecting a new little one!!!! YAY for both of those things!!!
Yea, I'm doing the double TR thing. It is really hard. I'm never sure which one to update... so I figure I won't update either. :lmao:

Thank you! That little bit of info has a lot to do with the title of the 'other' report. ;)

I'm a bit behind but CONGRATS on your finish! It's an amazing experience, no?

Amanda
Thank you! It was an awesome race that I hope to experience again next year... if Melody will allow me. :confused3

Wow, that is quite a park day right after running the 1/2!!! :worship: You obviously had too much energy left, so I'm guessing next year you are running the marathon instead??? Or are you just going all the way and get a bit :goofy: ??? :rotfl:

And an 80 minute wait at ToT??? :scared1: Tour groups nothing.........sounds like all of Brazil showed up at the same time!!! :lmao:

Wow, that is quite a park day right after running the 1/2!!! :worship: You obviously had too much energy left, so I'm guessing next year you are running the marathon instead??? Or are you just going all the way and get a bit :goofy: ??? :rotfl:
Nahhh... I'm trying to talk Melody into letting me run the 1/2 again. I'm not ready for a full marathon. :rolleyes:

And an 80 minute wait at ToT??? :scared1: Tour groups nothing.........sounds like all of Brazil showed up at the same time!!! :lmao:
Yea, it was crazy. I couldn't believe my eyes. :eek:

After running in the half, spending the morning in DHS, and relaxing a bit at the OKW pool, it was time to head back to the room to get ready for dinner. We were eating at the perfect post race restaurant- 'Ohana!

We hopped a bus over to MK and were were treated to a ride on the Avengers monorail for the short ride to the Poly.

DSC06724_zps2ff90245.jpg

DSC06725_zpsf953a398.jpg

DSC06726_zpsf68500b6.jpg

Our ADR was at 6:30 but we arrived at the Poly at 5:30. Why so early? To meet up with a few 'characters' at the Tambu Lounge before dinner. Some of the DISdads had dinner ADRs at 'Ohana this evening as well. What better way to get prepared to stuff your face than have a cocktail before dinner? The crew ended up being CJ and his daughter 'Crash', Aaron, Paul, Randall and his wife Jodi, Chris, and Scott. We talked for a while and even saw Barry and his family walk by heading to their 'Ohana ADR too.

DSC06728_zps826069ed.jpg

(I don't know what happened to CJ... looks like Carl was boxing you out!)

We had a fun time talking and drinking before it was our turn to be seated for dinner. We ended up with a window seat but we couldn't see the castle- it was being blocked by trees. We started getting our food and there were a few changes. 1st the broccoli is now broccoli with mixed veggies -kinda like a stir fry. 2nd the dipping sauces have been narrowed down to just one- the peanut sauce. I missed the other sauces and asked our waiter about it. He said the menu just changed and they cook the shrimp with the sweet & sour sauce now. He hooked us up and brought some over to us. He was really nice. We talked with him for at over 5 minutes at one point.

After having a drink or 2 before dinner, I needed to use the rest room. On my way back I saw where Barry was sitting and stopped to say hi. He was joined at dinner by Aaron and his family. Barry and Aaron were having a shrimp eating contest- or was it a shrimp carcass stacking contest? Well whatever it was, it was impressive.

Aaron's plate

IMAG0958_zps799ad2f3.jpg

Barry's plate

IMAG0959_zpsd3de2f7c.jpg

I also got a hug from Barry's daughter Madison and a hi-five from Evan! Ryder on the other hand just stared at me. Oh well 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

I got back to my table and it was time for dessert.

DSC06729_zps7fc6c044.jpg

I kept checking the time to see if we would make it over to the MK in time for Wishes and it wasn't gonna happen. So we walked down to the beach and found a good spot to watch....

DSC06730_zps65e6db31.jpg

DSC06731_zps966ce871.jpg

DSC06735_zps94b40e9d.jpg

DSC06738_zps9c3b670c.jpg

DSC06741_zps7c948ac5.jpg

DSC06755_zps3f8481d2.jpg

DSC06764_zps76ecf3af.jpg

It was fun watching the fireworks from the beach with the reflection in the water but the castle seemed so far away. We hopped on the monorail and headed over to the MK. We got there just in time to see Celebrate the Magic- the new projection show on the castle.

DSC06779_zpsd0d399df.jpg

The graphics are much better than The Magic, the Memories, & You but I liked the MM&Y show so much better. I loved how they took pictures from the guests and put them on the castle. Maybe I have a soft spot for the MM&Y because Juliana's picture was in the show in 2011.

DSC06780_zps6bfd0f90.jpg

After the show we stopped for a quick picture...

43927920180_zpscc8f6950.jpg

We were in MK, had no kids, and had no plan. Hummmm... what should we do. How about Aladdin's Carpets? I have no clue how we ended up here but we did. Then we rode POTC. A quick check of the time and it was time for MSEP...

DSC06782_zps02d24ef9.jpg

DSC06785_zps965e66e8.jpg

DSC06792_zps5a380c79.jpg

DSC06797_zpsd4dd6381.jpg

DSC06799_zpsc1736e8f.jpg

DSC06801_zps8fe0c9ec.jpg

DSC06803_zps268085e1.jpg

After MSEP we rode a few more rides then called it a night. We did grab another picture on the way out..

43927920183_zpscd2342dd.jpg

43927920185_zps6b9d2f43.jpg

Melody was tired and there was another meet up that I had to get to. The DISdads LIVE podcast was happening in Carl's room at OKW. I got there just in time to add a few rambling comments before the podcast ended. I think I came in around the 1h 20m mark. DISDads Podcast After re-listening to what I was saying, I think I was partly delirious. LOL

I was able to meet and hang out with a few more DISdads that were down there for the weekend. I made it back to my room at 1am after waking up at 3am. I almost made 24 straight hours! I was beat. Time for bed.

Up next... a Beverly of a day.

You guys chowed down and I snacked. Appetite mostly gone so I nibbled for dinner.

Went over to Ak and my pictures stop at 6:38 so my guess is back tot eh room and crashed. :rotfl2:

I guess my questions is Did the fireworks blast for the marathon wake you up Sunday Morning?

After running in the half, spending the morning in DHS, and relaxing a bit at the OKW pool, it was time to head back to the room to get ready for dinner. We were eating at the perfect post race restaurant- 'Ohana!

:cool1::woohoo:

Some of the DISdads had dinner ADRs at 'Ohana this evening as well.

It would have been awesome to be there with you guys.

He was joined at dinner by Aaron and his family. Barry and Aaron were having a shrimp eating contest- or was it a shrimp carcass stacking contest? Well whatever it was, it was impressive.

Most impressive. :darth:

Aaron's plate

I also got a hug from Barry's daughter Madison and a hi-five from Evan! Ryder on the other hand just stared at me. Oh well 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

So Ryder was not impressed.

I kept checking the time to see if we would make it over to the MK in time for Wishes and it wasn't gonna happen. So we walked down to the beach and found a good spot to watch....

That's a great place to watch from, anyway.

It was fun watching the fireworks from the beach with the reflection in the water but the castle seemed so far away.

True, but the crowds aren't nearly as bad either!

The graphics are much better than The Magic, the Memories, & You but I liked the MM&Y show so much better. I loved how they took pictures from the guests and put them on the castle.

I don't know if you're totally objective on this one...

Maybe I have a soft spot for the MM&Y because Juliana's picture was in the show in 2011.

There it is!

After re-listening to what I was saying, I think I was partly delirious. LOL

::yes:::rotfl2:

I was able to meet and hang out with a few more DISdads that were down there for the weekend. I made it back to my room at 1am after waking up at 3am. I almost made 24 straight hours! I was beat. Time for bed.

You're an animal! I would have been done long before that.

Up next... a Beverly of a day.

:eek:

(I don't know what happened to CJ... looks like Carl was boxing you out!)
Still working hard to defend Team Tim. Well done, Carl. :thumbsup2

He hooked us up and brought some over to us. He was really nice. We talked with him for at over 5 minutes at one point.
Always makes it a great experience when you can get a server that goes above and beyond. :thumbsup2

Barry and Aaron were having a shrimp eating contest- or was it a shrimp carcass stacking contest? Well whatever it was, it was impressive.
Well... since I was against Team Barry for the 1/2... Go Team Aaron!!! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I have to say, I'm not a big shrimp fan, but I'd be in for a rib bone stacking contest at WCC...

She didn't stick a sign on your back when she hugged you, did she? :confused3

So we walked down to the beach and found a good spot to watch....
Great viewing location!

The graphics are much better than The Magic, the Memories, & You but I liked the MM&Y show so much better. I loved how they took pictures from the guests and put them on the castle. Maybe I have a soft spot for the MM&Y because Juliana's picture was in the show in 2011.
You're definitely biased on this one, not that I can blame you.:thumbsup2

I really think the new show is a lot better.

After re-listening to what I was saying, I think I was partly delirious. LOL
That explains a few things, but I don't think you were the only one in an altered state. :rotfl2::lmao:

You guys chowed down and I snacked. Appetite mostly gone so I nibbled for dinner.
I ate good, but I didn't eat as much as I thought I would.

Went over to Ak and my pictures stop at 6:38 so my guess is back tot eh room and crashed. :rotfl2:
LOL You didn't want to stay up late?

I guess my questions is Did the fireworks blast for the marathon wake you up Sunday Morning?
There was fireworks on Sunday morning too? :confused3 :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It would have been awesome to be there with you guys.
Yes it would of. Next time. :thumbsup2

So Ryder was not impressed.
Nah. He was taking that whole Team Barry thing too far.

That's a great place to watch from, anyway.
True, but the crowds aren't nearly as bad either!
It was fine but I prefer standing in the hub.

I don't know if you're totally objective on this one...
I know.... I know.

You're an animal! I would have been done long before that.
Well, I did get to see you at the podcast. That was you wasn't it? Or was it an impostor? :confused3

Still working hard to defend Team Tim. Well done, Carl. :thumbsup2
His work is never done. :rotfl:

Always makes it a great experience when you can get a server that goes above and beyond. :thumbsup2
Yea, he was really nice and just down to earth.

Well... since I was against Team Barry for the 1/2... Go Team Aaron!!!
Not sure who won that battle... maybe we should ask Barry who won? :confused3 :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have to say, I'm not a big shrimp fan, but I'd be in for a rib bone stacking contest at WCC...
Really? Do you hate all seafood or just shrimp?

[QUOET]She didn't stick a sign on your back when she hugged you, did she? [/QUOTE]
Nah. Unlike her dad, she really likes me! :goodvibes

You're definitely biased on this one, not that I can blame you.:thumbsup2
Geez. I guess I am.

I really think the new show is a lot better.
I'm not convinced.

That explains a few things, but I don't think you were the only one in an altered state. :rotfl2::lmao:
Well they were having a few cocktails.... I think my brain was shot from running and being up close to 24 hours. I had a few with Carl after the podcast was over. :rotfl:

What a fun night! I'm impressed at how late all the DISdad's stayed up after getting up at o'dark thirty.

Who knew there was a podcast.

Peel and eat is just too much work for too little reward. I'm not thrilled with the Ohana menu changes.

I might have try ohana since they changed it up. We went in Nov and we really didn't like the sauces on the shrimp and steak. I do like sweet and sour though.

Yet another place we have never eaten -- Ohana. I read such different reviews of the food that I've not been convinced it is worth my getting all worked up to try to get an ADR. Looks like Barry was doing a good job on his shrimp. :thumbsup2

Great photopass photos of you and Mel.

See I like the new castle show much better; but, I guess if I were you, I would have preferred the old one because of Princess Ana. :goodvibes

I ate good, but I didn't eat as much as I thought I would.

LOL You didn't want to stay up late?

There was fireworks on Sunday morning too? :confused3 :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I guess for me that was part of it..... the change in sleep schedule played havoc with me as well as the physical abuse. :lmao:

I heard the main burst at 5:30 and maybe some of the separate corrals going off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter