Nemesis Challenge 2

It seems to vary. I ran 12 miles this weekend with DW her phone had us pegged at 11.2 miles mine had us at 12. That was an extreme instance though. Most times the variance seems to be in 3-5% range. In general my stuff seems to under-report the distance I've run.

I agree. The varience isn't that big that its going to mess people up.

I have found that the gps aps tend to underreport the distances as well, especially up here where it's hilly. I think the gps measures from a to b as the crow flies and doesn't take elevation into account enough/at all.

well I put my run for tonight off,i think I will try to do it in the am. Tonight was to crazy. I had a little battle with the table saw tonight and I think the table saw won..But hell I dont need that finger to be able to run .So team dole whip will still run wild.

well I put my run for tonight off,i think I will try to do it in the am. Tonight was to crazy. I had a little battle with the table saw tonight and I think the table saw won..But hell I dont need that finger to be able to run .So team dole whip will still run wild.

Table saw was just getting you use to Losing nemmie! :lmao:

Ran a mile in 12:55. 1 minute run, 2 minute walk ratio. Feel good. Easier today but still whipped. And in 21 degrees!
Nice job Chris... you are a beast!

Come on Carl... no time for slacking!

Ran a mile in 15:05 doing intervals. My recovery time is already improving and it is getting easier. Its just the stupid calves that keep tightening up. But even those are getting better.

Ran a mile in 15:05 doing intervals. My recovery time is already improving and it is getting easier. Its just the stupid calves that keep tightening up. But even those are getting better.

I had to push off the training. The cold weather has really done a job on the Patella. Knee is stiff and swollen. Hopefully I'll get back to it when the weather warms up a little.

Glad your training is going well. Was up to 2 miles in around 34 minutes before the Canadians sent this horrid cold weather down here.

I can't believe it, but the races in California have already sold out. The 10k, half-marathon, and Dumbo Double-Dare are already filled. They just opened to the public on Tuesday. Disney Visa holders can register early and it looks like I'll have to do that next year if I want to run there.

I can't believe it, but the races in California have already sold out. The 10k, half-marathon, and Dumbo Double-Dare are already filled. They just opened to the public on Tuesday. Disney Visa holders can register early and it looks like I'll have to do that next year if I want to run there.

When do we have to register for the January Half marathon in order to get a spot??? Does Disney Visa get to register early then too??

When do we have to register for the January Half marathon in order to get a spot??? Does Disney Visa get to register early then too??

They'll open up registration on April 9. Disney Visa may get to register early. It will probably sell out somewhere around August-Sept...

Just checked the Run Disney site and in the banner they show the next marathon date as January 9-12, 2014. The dates sound about right but does anyone know if that is official?

They'll open up registration on April 9. Disney Visa may get to register early. It will probably sell out somewhere around August-Sept...

Be sure to let me know when to register so I can have that as a motivator to continue on....by then I wont have a time to submit so can I have that changed at some point prior to the race?

Be sure to let me know when to register so I can have that as a motivator to continue on....by then I wont have a time to submit so can I have that changed at some point prior to the race?

Yes. You can register with an estimated time and then email proof to runDisney by Nov 1 or just bring a print out of proof of time to the race expo in January to have your corral changed.

Just checked the Run Disney site and in the banner they show the next marathon date as January 9-12, 2014. The dates sound about right but does anyone know if that is official?

I believe those are the dates... it was printed on the back of the race program too.

I was shocked how fast it sold out. I was in class on Tuesday, registration opened at Noon and at 5 when I could get to a laptop Dumbo was already sold out. I am guessing a lot of people registered at the expo or using Disney Visa.

Next year isn't an anniversary year so you shouldn't have to worry about it selling out super early. The early you register the less expensive it is, but be aware that for the most part there are no refunds if you need to back out.

Hardest run yet. My weekend mile. Cold, windy, & I was tired & not motivated. Still did it. 1 minute run, 1.5-2 minute walk. 13:15.

Hardest run yet. My weekend mile. Cold, windy, & I was tired & not motivated. Still did it. 1 minute run, 1.5-2 minute walk. 13:15.

Good Job!

TeamBeverly.gif

And thus begins the tale of "Carl the Nine Fingered and His Race O Doom!"

Good job Chris....the streets here are still ice and snow covered...Id break a leg if I went and ran on them today. Hoping that maybe tomorrow it might be better.[/COLOR]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter