Need your opinion on this contract please

I also recommend sticking with same UY so you don't have to transfer points. It can be a pain since you have to call in to transfer and call in to book with transferred points. If trying to grab something right at 8am of 7 month window, it may be gone by 9am when you call. Also cannot transfer banked or borrowed points ans cannot borrow transferred points. Can only bank transferred points. We have two UY and are always in borrow mode and sometimes cannot book what we want because we need to transfer (say we want to add a night to Oct 2018 trip and it's 22 points and we have 10 in June UY and 12 Aug UY but all are 2019 points) and borrow...which can't be done. Hope I am not confusing you. Just easiest to have one UY. Then you have a dtop down when booking and can select what you want to use.

As others stated, this isn't that great of a deal,so I would wait for same UY. I have three UY between 2 home resorts, and it is not ideal. One was purchased due to a low entry point (50 point contract), similar to yours, so if that is the driver (meaning, you don't want to swing more than 50 points right now), that does factor into the decision-making. My 50 point was at a resort I plan to use the points for exclusively with banking and borrowing every few years and needing home resort advantage, so not intended as sleep-around points.

I think if you shop around and stick with AKV and be patient you can find a better deal. I have seen 50 point contracts out there.

Heck, if I were really wanting the points, I would probably use the Orange County deeds system and find some 50pt contract owners and see if they are in the market to sell. It’s pretty easy to find deeds for a specific property, and then just sort by title recording cost and zero in on the deeds in the range that will give you the 50pt ones. Not sure if it is legal to use the deeds system to try and find owners and ask them if they want to sell but I bet it is. You might find someone not using their points or wanting to upgrade to a larger contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter