Need your opinion on this contract please

Bertie131

DIS Veteran
I currently own 160 points at AKV--October UY. I have been thinking of adding to my current contract. I have seen Vero for less, but I don't want to own there. I just need more points per year. I was thinking of transferring some points from another owner, but these would be mine where the transferred would be gone. Thoughts please?

Old Key West-$105/pt.

Resort Old Key West-$105/pt.
Points 50
Use Year September
Banked Points 15
Borrowed Points
Closing Costs
Annual Dues at Closing* 336
Price $5,250.00
Total Price $6,216.00
Notes 65 points coming on 9/1/18 (50 + 15 banked points from 2017, banked points need to be used by 9/1/19) and 50 points coming on 9/1/19. Priced at $105 per point.

*If a buyer is getting points (regular points) for the current use year (2018) they are purchasing they will be responsible for the annual dues on those points (unless the seller has the property advertised as no annual dues until 2019). The buyer will pay those dues in one lump sum at the time of closing and that will cover their annual dues until January 2019.

Man, I know the prices are gong up, is that at least an extended date OKW contract?

Two big questions.
1. Are you planning on using those points to stay at OKW, or as sleep around points?
2. Is this an extended contract, or a 2042 one? That has an effect on its value.

If I were buying just 50 points I would try to match the resort and UY of a property I already owned. Combining points is sooo much easier that way.
I agree--but it is only one month off my current contract so I was considering it.

Two big questions.
1. Are you planning on using those points to stay at OKW, or as sleep around points?
2. Is this an extended contract, or a 2042 one? That has an effect on its value.

Still waiting to hear if it is 2042 or extended. Possibly will stay at OKW but more than likely use to boost my current contract so I have more points to play with.

Still waiting to hear if it is 2042 or extended. Possibly will stay at OKW but more than likely use to boost my current contract so I have more points to play with.

I would lean more towards just getting more AKV points myself. They will be more useful to you, and are not much more expensive than the OKW contract.

Two big questions.

This is my first experience hearing it referred to as sleep around points.

Kinda makes it sound naughty ;) lol.

One month makes a big difference in he Disney system. Separate logins and whatnot. If they match use year and resort they are kinda like on big pool in the same login.
We have 2 separate use years/contracts and only 1 log in. They just need to be titled the same. When we book we just have to choose which contract number we want to use.

If it were an extended contract it’s usually listed pretty prominently. I do not think this is an extended contract.

If it were me, I’d wait until I found a listing with at least my same UY. One month isn’t a deal breaker but that particular contract doesn’t seem overly attractive enough for me to go through the hassle of having 2 UY at 2 resorts. Just my .02

I agree with waiting for a contract with the same UY since it’s a small amount of points. It’s easier to combine with your existing points for 7 months booking.

I also would hold out for at least the same UY, and only possibly get a different resort if you'd want the 11 mo advantage for a weekend here or there. We have 2 home resorts and 2UY but we plan to use the points separately and predominantly at 11 mo. If you only want to boost the # of points you have in total to play with, I would wait for same UY and home resort.

Otherwise, if you are trying to make reservations at a hard-to-get resort, even at 7 months, you will have to make 2 separate reservations if you're trying to pool points. And that few minutes' delay for the 2nd reservation could cost you the days/room type you're looking for.

We have 2 separate use years/contracts and only 1 log in. They just need to be titled the same. When we book we just have to choose which contract number we want to use.

Interesting, can you select points from both contracts for booking a single reservation, or do you have to transfer?

Interesting, can you select points from both contracts for booking a single reservation, or do you have to transfer?
Nope, you can never select two contracts with different use years. If you want to use points from two different use years for a single reservation, you have to transfer them, which means calling. And since we’re talking about two different resorts, that can only be done at 7 months. Which puts you at a huge disadvantage.

I also have two different use years titled differently but under the same login. I use them for entirely different purposes and never combine them together. That’s really the only way that multiple use years makes sense; if they’re treated as separate memberships.

Nope, you can never select two contracts with different use years. If you want to use points from two different use years for a single reservation, you have to transfer them, which means calling. And since we’re talking about two different resorts, that can only be done at 7 months. Which puts you at a huge disadvantage.

I also have two different use years titled differently but under the same login. I use them for entirely different purposes and never combine them together. That’s really the only way that multiple use years makes sense; if they’re treated as separate memberships.

Ok so same “login” but separate accounts/pools within the same login. I’ll try to get my terminology right next time, thanks for the clarification. :)

Since its more about just getting some addtl points I'd wait for the right UY. This isn't a screaming deal for OKW points which might otherwise change my answer. Since its not I'd wait and make my life easier in the long haul with one UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter