need some cyber hugs

mickeyminnie

happenin' chick<br><font color=blue>Rice Krispies
since it is the only kind I can get these days.

We cancelled our October Disney trip, because my DH dropped the I am not in love with you anymore bomb on my Aug 3rd and again on Tuesday in counseling that it isn't getting any better. I am beyond devastated. We have 2 children 6 and 9 , and he isn't interested in trying, says its not in him.

So here I sit, in limbo, he is planning to schedule another joint session, I am sure this will be the I'm moving out bomb. We have been married 16 years, and this is pretty much out of no where for me.

So if anyone has any words of wisdom, or just a way to cheer me up I would love it.

I know this is one of those airing dirty laundry threads that so many people loath, but you know what, when you feel like I do, you just want some positive vibes adn you want as many as you can get from where ever you can get them

No words of wisdom, but
1.gif

First of all, BIG hugs to you.. I can only imagine how devastated you are.. :(

Secondly, I would NOT cancel your trip if there is any possible way that you can afford it.. You and your children are going to need something positive in your lives - something to smile about - and what better place than Disney World?

Things look terribly bleak right now, I'm sure - but be strong, look forward - not back - and believe in yourself.. You can - and will - survive this and one day you'll be happy again..

:grouphug:

C.Ann is a very wise lady and said it perfectly. If you can still go on the trip, please do. Like she said, you and the children will need it.
:hug:

I just wanted to give you some :grouphug: . Next week will be 5 years since my 1st husband (and DD6s father) decided to separate and divorce. I know what a difficult and painful time this is for you and your kids. Please feel free to email or PM me if you just need someone to vent to or an ear to listen. Hang in there...one way or another life WILL return to some kind of normalcy eventually.

C.Ann said:
First of all, BIG hugs to you.. I can only imagine how devastated you are.. :(

Secondly, I would NOT cancel your trip if there is any possible way that you can afford it.. You and your children are going to need something positive in your lives - something to smile about - and what better place than Disney World?

Things look terribly bleak right now, I'm sure - but be strong, look forward - not back - and believe in yourself.. You can - and will - survive this and one day you'll be happy again..

I agree....

:hug:

Oh i'm so sorry. I know you can't imagine it now, but you will be alright and you will get through this and life will go on. Life may turn out to be better in the end for you. You are better off on your own then with someone who is does not want to be a part of your life. Maybe he will realize that he does love you with seperation. Maybe it is a mid life crisis. You have to ask yourself although this was out of the blue, were YOU happy? Or were you just in a routine you got comfortable with?
I am quite sure if this doesn't work out that there will be better things for you in the future. Hang in there. My best friend went through this 12 years ago and she is so happy today with her new life, even though she went through the whole divorce kicking and screaming because she was the happy one and she didn't want change. She has the best life today. She also had young children at the time.

Aww, many hugs to you. I hope things improve for you. If posting here makes you feel better, I say let it out. :grouphug:

:grouphug: I get a little sad when i hear about spouses who fail to recognize the vows they took (the better better or worse part). My DH and i have had ups and down but i think that is what a marriage is and it is hard and you either go with it or work through things.

I think it is good that he's willing to go to counseling but it doesn't sound like he's trying. (some men are like that.) My uncle left my aunt after thirty years of marriage and refused to go to counseling at all through it.

:grouphug: for your kids too. i was 7 and Dsis was 3 when my parents were divorced and dad left us. He never had much contact with the two of us after that because of the annimousity with my DMom. It if does end badly...please try to come to some kind of middle ground for the kids. My dsis and i suffered because my parents could never do this.

:grouphug: Im sorry. I am another of the feeling that if you can still go to WDW, take the kiddies and GO, find a friend bring a family member or go at it alone. You need some magic.

No need to apologize for your post. Any one of us here would feel the same way if we were faced with the same challenges in our marriage. :(

No words of wisdom, but do have lots of :grouphug: - sending you blessings for an easier tomorrow. :grouphug:

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. And I completely understand about wanting to hear only positive and comforting things. It would be great if all of us could live happy wonderful lives but that just doesn't happen. And it isn't always easy to find people nearby who are willing to listen or who would even understand what you are going through. I hope that you can get some comfort from your friends here on the DIS.

Jill

:grouphug: Here is to you - a great big hug!!! (((())))
Is there anyway that you would be able to keep the trip going? IT would give you and your children something positive to look forward to. It would also help distract you for a little bit and perhaps give you a little break -
wishing you the best.

Hugs to you! :grouphug:

Like others have said, hang in there. Right now just take it one day at a time. Don't spend too much time worrying about next year or the next, etc. You can make it through this and you will be stronger for it.

Give lots of hugs to your kids! :sunny:

Sorry to hear your going through this. Can you maybe swing a shorter trip for you and the kids? Hang in there, we're here for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter