need REALLY BUDGET stocking stuffers for 32 stockings.....

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
ok - DH's office put up stockings -- 32 of them.

Need EXTREMELY BUDGET ideas.

The only thing I have come up with this morning is the snowman poop -- the poem about "You've been naughty so here's the scoop -- all you get for Christmas is some snowman poop!" And then you attach a small snack size ziploc with some mini marshmallows.

Ideas? anyone?

Had I known this was coming.......I would have budgeted for it.

THANKS FOR ANY IDEAS!!!!:santa:

Go to the dollar store and get some hand lotions or even to the Target dollar spot - I found some shower lotions, notepads, little gourmet coffees that I'm putting in a bag for my co-workers.

-You can get a bag of hershey kisses, they have candy cane ones, and you can put some in each stocking
-Pens are a useful stocking stuffer and other little office supplies. You can get bigger packs and just divide them up
-Sometimes walgreens has little christmas things for 39 cents with a coupon, like candle holders and snow globes and stuff. I'm not sure what they have this week though.
-And of course a candy cane is always a good stocking stuffer!

That's all I can think of right now

-Treat size (like halloween) chocolate bars, or open up a bag of candy, like Werthers, use individually.

-Buy a pack of tea, make sure they are wrapped individually (ask friends what brand is in their house if the package doesn't say) Print off a poem on a label with the tea:

"On Christmas Day at half past three,
Make yourself a cup of Tea.
I'll think of you - you think of me,
While sitting around your Christmas tree!"

-Try the "loot bag" stuff at the party section, they will have note pads, mini pens, mini playing cards, etc"

-A xmas orange.

-Bake something and wrap it up! Gingerbread men, shortbread...I would personally love shortbread in my stocking! :santa:

That's all I got for ideas, good luck!

What age range? WHat price range? DO they all have to be identical?

SOMe suggestions:
playdough (you can get small pots cheap when you buy a multi pack)
stickers
pens
pencils
fun erasers
these cute "kick sacks" http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=22011&category=2751 that price is for 12!!
glow necklaces http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=21991&category=2751
punch balloons
fruit snacks
bubbles
bells
whistles
oranges or apples
candy
lottery tickets (depending on age)
GC to MC Donalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Donut store (just $1-2 each)
SMall ornaments
batteries
mints
gum
tattoos
leis
hair clips
yoyos
lots of other ideas here: http://www.orientaltrading.com

ok , there is a start for you!

thank you guys.

You asked age range -- all adults. I don't know their ages....30-50? maybe.

no, they do not all have to be alike. Just something to put in the stocking.

little travel size tissue pack

snowman soup: http://organizedchristmas.com/snowman-soup
usually I use an envelope of hot chocolate that already has the mini marshmallows + a mini candy cane and a few Hershey kisses

Is your husband the boss/mgr? Can he do "sneak in/sneak out" passes? Little passes good for 15 mins or 30 mins, where the employee can come in late or leave early (pre-scheduled) and not be docked for the time.

Snowman Kisses
A Package of White Tick Tacks with a sticker printed on your computer that says something like...
Snowflakes fall from Heaven and are white as white as can be!

You can make them into a Snowman for all your friends to see!

He's cute and cuddly and full of good wishes!

And here are a bunch of his kisses!

I second the baking idea. Just make extra of whatever you might be baking this year. For my co-workers I'm making peppermint bark and wrapping it up in wax paper. I made one batch for about $5 and that was enough for about 10 little packages.

I had to do stocking on a budget too, got a few good things in the trial size aisle at Target this weekend:

Pocket Tissue Packs (3 packages for $1)
Mini Lint Roller ($1)

Target has lots of the trial sized items: shampoo, body lotion, hand sanitizer, mini loofahs/bath sponges, handi wipes, etc all for $1

My CVS also had some cute, cheap stuff like Holiday Post It Notes (2/$1) and packages of honey roasted peanuts and sunflower seeds (2/$1)

Good luck! I thought I had it tough with 4 stockings to fill!

you guys are so helpful. THANK YOU.

I just panicked when I found out -- I was NOT planning on 32 more things. And I was so good about sticking to my budget this year.

I'm more calm now.......

Just go out and get a few bags of wrapped candy and put some in each stocking. I would not do the marshmallow thing, since the stockings are for adults. I think that is a cute idea for kids, though :).

Fan of Dollar Tree :wave:
You could also look at Walmart, Target or any drug chain's inventory of travel and trial size products.

Check the Burt Bee's website. If they post the grab bag again, get two of them and use the mini's for the stockings and keep the full size for your self.

Do you have a BJ's, Costco, or the like near you? You can get two cases of candy bars for less than $30.00. That would make a fun, easy, and tasty addition to any stocking.:santa: Or what about a pack of microwave popcorn? You can add a homemade label to the front with something like Merry Christmas Love, ....

You could make a couple of big batches of chex party mix and put it in ziplocs or holiday treat bags. It would be a nice space filler and something to balance out all the sweet treats at Christmas. Or, what about popcorn w/a special seasoning/coating on it? Maybe drizzle it with chocolate or something?

From our office manager, we get post-its, pens, emory boards, gum, tic tacs, tissues and maybe some candy. I really like the idea of the 15 or 3 minute free pass idea. I also like the idea of baking/making some kind of treat. That wouldn't be nearly as expensive as having to buy 32 individual items, since you could divide a batch up for several stockings. What about pocket calendars, mini notebooks, mini magnetic picture frames for their desks, small bottles of hand sanitizer, $.50 for the pop machine(or whatever price their soda is-you'd have to put some kind of note saying that's what it was for). That's all I can think of right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter