need opinions on my december 15 itinerary

CKmomma

Earning My Ears
We are so lucky to be celebrating Christmas this year at Disney. As DH and I both work in healthcare (read holiday rotations) we are going a bit early. My kids don't know about this trip and I'm hoping to make it a great childhood memory (DS 7, DS 6). I've never been with FP+ before. Both kids are tall enough to ride everything this year.

12/8- arrive ~2 pm to POFQ. DTD/Resort explore? Early night
12/9- MK RP. What FP+ should I book?
12/10- Epcot. Have CP Package booked for coral reef- but didn't realize how expensive the package was- worth it?
12/11- AK then dinner at Whispering Canyon
12/12- Resorts/decoration exploring or Disney Quest
12/13- Breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Sleigh ride at Ft Wilderness.
12/14- HS- DH birthday.
12/15- MVMCP
12/16- depart

Thank you in advance. I'm getting so excited!

I don't know anything about kids and their needs or what they want, but this is just what I notice. Isnt it a lot of non park time for 2 young boys? Would they enjoy a full day of Resort exploring?

I see you are following the EMH schedule to determine which park to do on which day, and with only 4 park days I can understand that, but I would switch AK to the 12th. The park will be less busy and you can probably accomplish more than the 1 hour extra on the 11th gives you.
Plus I would rather have 2 park days, 1 day rest, 1 park day, 1 day rest, then 3 park days and then 2 days rest.

For FP, book what your family is important. If no one liked coaster, no use trying to get 7DMT, Space Mountain Big Thunder Mountain etc.

Don't focus too much on FP, you will have fun! It's xmas at Disney with your family :)

The CP package guarantees you a seat at the Candlelight Processional. You may not want to sit through the entire show - it's basically a Christmas Cantata like at church if you've been to one of those (we're actually doing the same cantata at our church this year). At 6 and 7, my kids wouldn't have wanted to sit through it. I think you could skip the package and just stand at the back and watch some of the show myself - that's what we did. Most of my family had wandered off and started looking at other stuff in the area about 10 minutes into it.

The kids would probably like a few hours on the Boardwalk for face painting and surrey biking. I also think they'd like Disney Springs for the balloon ride, movies with restaurant, lego store and the candy store, maybe bowling?....I like the idea of not going to a park every day, hopefully you'll get some pool time in. I'd skip the CP package, most kids would be bored to tears. Hopefully you have all your ADRs in place?

I would definitely be adding on some additional park days! If you're getting 4-day tickets already, then each day you add is only $10 per person. I understand building in some rest time, but you're at DISNEY! You'll want much more time to spend at the parks. If you're going to the party on the 15th, the earliest you can get into the park is 4:00. There's a rest day right there! I would add on two more park days to your tickets. Then those two days you have in the middle, you could still do some of the things you've listed, but at least stop into a park for a few hours on each day.

As for FP+s at MK, definitely 7 Dwarfs. You listed two DSs, but your signature says you have a DD. If so, is she going to want to meet Anna and Elsa? That's the other huge one to get. Beyond that it's really personal preference. If you add a couple more days and can go back to MK, you'll have more FPs too.

We think the CP Package is worth it. We're doing 3 this year, but it's not for everyone. If you go to the 5:00 show you should be able to get seats and then have the rest of the evening to walk around Epcot without getting the package. We're going the same time you are - just getting down there a few days earlier. Two of our packages are for lunch and one for dinner. Just a note, our experience at Coral Reef has not been good the last 2 times we have been there. Teppan Edo is one we are doing though and your boys might like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter