Need Help With Exchange at DisneyStore.com

carbatonic

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the turnaround is for exchanges at DisneyStore.com? I received a defective item, and after contacting guest services a few times, they set up a UPS pickup for me. The UPS pickup took over a week to happen, but finally, my item was returned and signed for last Friday morning.

Guest services set up a new order for my replacement, but it has yet to ship. I was just wondering how long it usually takes between the item being successfully returned and the replacement shipping? I get a little nervous because the item was very expensive, and the ups pickup did not work at first, so this whole ordeal has been going on for about a month :(

I have no idea but wanted to wish you luck. I placed an order with them in January which took weeks to get straightened out. They were painful and full of misinformation. I am sure you know this, keep track of everything they tell you and who you spoke with.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. It's tough enough when a $200 item arrives at your door defective, but then when a month passes and you still don't have the issue corrected, it gets very nerve-racking :scared:

I am sure it is and they do nothing to alleviate your concerns. I am sure it will work out in the end.

The item still hasn't shipped, and now the item is sold out online. When I call, they tell me that the order went "in processing" this past Saturday, what does that even mean? They said I should expect it to ship in 5-7 business days from Saturday, but someone else told me I should have expected it to ship 5-7 business days from when they received my return on the 9th.

So basically, they sent me a defective item, made me wait two weeks while they got their act together to ship it back, and now they have both my item and my money, with no actual information about when my replacement will arrive.

Please, if anyone has any insight from going through this sort of thing before, I would be very grateful. :sad1:

If you can afford it, you can just order a new item at once, even before returning the defective item, then wait for a refund for the defective item.

I don't know how long it will take for your replacement to arrive.

The item still hasn't shipped, and now the item is sold out online. When I call, they tell me that the order went "in processing" this past Saturday, what does that even mean? They said I should expect it to ship in 5-7 business days from Saturday, but someone else told me I should have expected it to ship 5-7 business days from when they received my return on the 9th.

So basically, they sent me a defective item, made me wait two weeks while they got their act together to ship it back, and now they have both my item and my money, with no actual information about when my replacement will arrive.

Please, if anyone has any insight from going through this sort of thing before, I would be very grateful. :sad1:

They definitely held tight to the 5-7 business days on my order that was messed up. If they received your return on the 9th...today would be the 7th business day assuming they won't count the 9th. If you don't have it by the end of today, I would call them first thing tomorrow and keep pushing up the line until someone tells you where your item is. Tell them you'll hold for as long as it takes and maybe throw in the word fraud or credit card dispute if they cannot in good faith prove they shipped your item...ie with a shipping reference number. Be prepared to send proof that your return was received by Disney - a scan or picture of the proof of delivery you can email the representative in case it hasn't been provided yet.

In process appeared to be meaningless as my order was in process from the time I was able to check the order status online until I received it.

I know a lot of people will tweet or post on their FB about poor customer service from big companies with a link or # to the company which often leads to quick resolution.

Good luck!

Hiya,

Thanks for replying again.

Just out of curiosity, did you actually receive your item within the 5-7 day time frame, or did you just receive confirmation that it had shipped? Because they have flat-out told me that my item has not even shipped yet, it has only just become "processing". So there's no way that I will get it by tomorrow.

I actually provided them with the proof of delivery/return several times now, via UPS "proof of delivery" receipt. Every time, they seemed surprised that they had actually received the item (seems that they didn't really have record of it).

Like you said, every time I call, I get a different answer. I am not a rich girl, so because I really wanted this item, I saved up for months to buy it. Now, since Feb 22nd, I have not had either my money or my product. The people at Disney seem to think that I am getting overwrought about it, but it is a big deal to me.

Maybe I will try that facebook idea...

I know a lot of people will tweet or post on their FB about poor customer service from big companies with a link or # to the company which often leads to quick resolution.

Good luck!

Btw, I know I said thank you, but I really do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me, which is much more than Disney has done. I appreciate it a lot.

Did you have them actually hold one for you? A couple of years ago I received a damaged $500 item and they had to wait until they got it back to ship me a new one but what they did was put one on hold for me so I didn't have to worry about them selling out in the meantime and good thing they did because it sold out before I got my replacement and thankgoodness the 2nd arrived perfectly.

Good luck!

So I took your advice and voiced my concerns on Twitter. Almost immediately, I get a tweet back with a different email address I can use for contact. I email them, and what do I get in a few hours but an email saying that my replacement has shipped! I also got an email stating that I will be getting a $15 gift card for my trouble. So you were right about twitter (I could kiss you right now, lol :lovestruc)

Now I just have to hope that this one is not defective! But I am so happy that they are shipping it

Did you have them actually hold one for you? A couple of years ago I received a damaged $500 item and they had to wait until they got it back to ship me a new one but what they did was put one on hold for me so I didn't have to worry about them selling out in the meantime and good thing they did because it sold out before I got my replacement and thankgoodness the 2nd arrived perfectly.

I was initially told that one was being held for me, but then I was told afterwards that they weren't sure one was being held, and that I would "probably" get one, which made me very nervous!

I am glad that your replacement was in good condition. :) Buying sight unseen can be a very nerve-wracking business!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter