• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help/Suggestions for a ADRs

ltkacz

Earning My Ears
As it seems from these boards, my family and I are the only one actually paying for our dinning plan during September! So, needless to say I'm not a happy camper when I call the ADR line and every place we might want a reservation is booked the entire WEEK!!! :scared1:

Ok...venting done.....

With that being said...I've managed to book these, and would like some suggestions on what to fill in on the days we don't have dinner plans. I honestly don't think we need another character meal. My family consists of my DH, DS(5) and me.

Sept. 15 - Garden Grill
Sept. 16 - LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS
Sept. 17 - we have our table service at Hollywood and Vine for lunch.
Sept. 18 - Crystal Palace
Sept. 19 - Tony Town Square (is this good??)
Sept. 20 - LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS
Sept. 21 - LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS
Sept. 22 - Donald Breakfastosaures (totally would cancel for another choice)

Here's what's NOT AVAILABLE FOR DINNER THE ENTIRE WEEK:
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Chef Mickey's

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

My family enjoyed:

1.Kona
2.Boma
3.Cape May Cafe (dinner)
4.Wolf Gang Puck Cafe
5.1900 Park Fare (dinner)

Ouch! Paying for the DDP during free dining and not being able to get the reservations you want. I'm sorry--I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better. At least you're finding out how busy the restaurants will be now, instead of once you get down there.

As for those ADR's, I'd suggest trying to get a few lunch ADR's. They're often easier to get than dinner, and a mid-day break might be welcome in the September heat. Sometimes you can get a late lunch seating, and just make it an early dinner.

As for specific restaurants, it depends on where you'll be each day, and what kind of meals you're looking for. I know you said you didn't need another character meal, but if you end up cancelling Donald's, Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club (near Epcot) has a character breakfast, too, and they're supposed to be a little easier to into. In Epcot (since you mentioned Coral Reef and Le Cellier), I've heard Nine Dragons (Chinese) and San Angel Inn (Mexican) tend to be easier to get into. In the MK area, I don't see a lot of talk about the Grand Floridian Cafe, so that might be less busy than some of the other MK area restaurants.

Other than that, generally speaking, resorts and other areas outside the parks will be easier to get into, so try to think outside the box. And even if you're not thrilled with what you get, make the ADR anyway, just in case. You can always change once you get down there, or even try walking in to a few places. Your chances of getting a walk-in are best if you show up just before the restaurant opens for the day or meal, or in the middle of the afternoon when they're not as busy. And if you manage to score a reservation or walk-in service, it's easy to call and cancel your back-up.

Good luck, and welcome to the DIS!

My family enjoys:Boma,Park Fare,Cape May, Ohana ,Sci Fi and 50's Prime time.

Keep trying for Chef Mickey's...people do cancel!!!

Have a great time!

Have you tried Chef Mickey for lunch? The are open for lunch during free dining

Also try Teppanaki in Japan, They are reopening it in Aug. The cook the food in front of you it's fun for the kids to watch.

Our whole family enjoys O'Hanas, 50's Prime Time, Kona Cafe, Spoodles, CA Grill and for a walk in table service, Beaches & Cream. Oh - the kids love Liberty Tree Tavern, too.

If you don't mind the antics, you might try Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. We've heard it's a lot of fun and have it on our ADRs for December... We're also going to try Cape May as another poster suggested.

Concourse Steakhouse inside the Contemporary (but on the monorail line, for convenience) has been getting some pretty good reviews lately if you wanted to sub it for Le Cellier.

If you were willing to use two credits for a show or something, you might check into Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness. I would imagine it's pretty full, too, though. The kids would love the fort and you might be able to stay for the campfire singalong with Chip and Dale and the outdoor movie to just make a big evening of it. For that matter, Trail's End (also at the fort) is considered by some one of the best kept secrets at WDW. It's a buffet and not all that expensive, by comparison, but the food is supposed to be really, really good.

As for character meals, my DS (6 at the time) really enjoyed the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at Ohana inside the Polynesian Resort.

We've also heard great things about Ohana for dinner, Kona Cafe, Boma at AKL and Wolfgang Pucks at DTD

GOOD LUCK!!

I would try to make to keep as many our TS credits for dinner instead of lunch since you are paying for the dining plan. Otherwise, you probably aren't getting your money's worth.

Try Cape May Cafe, 1900 Park Fare, though it is a character meal, Boma, Whispering Canyon. How about the restaurants in France or Germany? I would look at the menus online and try to pick ones that appealed and were on the higher price end.

Check out some of the reservations I'm cancelling and let me know if you want any of those. Some of the places mentioned in your post, I have reservations for. Let me know!

Kegger O

Liz,

Not that it is much consellation, but you are not alone we too did not act quick enough for free dining and are going to be there pretty much the same days as you and your family. We will be celebrating my g/b twins 4th B'day.

We did manage to get Chef Mickeys for lunch, I thought this would be a good afternoon break. So far we have the following... not sure how good or bad...

Night of arrival : Dinner Grand Floridian Cafe _ Character from park fare
Day 1 (B'day): 6:45 at the Royal table
Day 2: 11:30 Ohana's for breakfest
Day3: 12:30 Chef Mickey for Lunch
DAY4: 7:45 Crystal Palace Breakfest (early for us but...)
5:30 Dinner at Narcoossee's (last night)

Best

In having to paying for dinning.

Thanks for a little "pick me UP".

I'm just wishing/hoping/praying that an awesome dream gets cast on us while we are there.

I went during free dining and didn't know till about a month before (when I started reading these boards) how hard it would be to get ADR. We were also with my Aunt's family so we were a goup of 8. We managed to get reservations every day for somewhere- just not always our top choices. We snagged Spoodles, Mama Melrose, San Angels, Grand Floridian Cafe, Shutter's at Carribean Beach, Chef's de France, Maya Grill at Coranado and Chef Mickey's on our last day for lunch.
It was kinda a pain to go to the different resorts for dinner since dinner typically took over an hour plus travel time....however those were some of the best meals.

Hope that gives you some ideas.
Emily

We are paying for the DDP in August, while the bounce back folks and our UK friends have it for free, so we know how you feel. Here are some of our suggestions:

Kona Cafe (consistently good food)
Concourse Steakhouse (always a good choice for a variety of tastes)
50s Prime Time (good food and lots of fun)

Enjoy!! If you plan to do a 2TS, our favorite is Narcossee.

Your not alone, we are paying for dining for the week of SEPT 2-8. We did not know and booked our vacation on the 25 of June. Free dining ended June 24! OUCH!!!! Enjoy all your dinners I am planning on trying to enjoy mine. Chris:rotfl2:

The link below is for a thread that I started for people who are cancelling,transferring, or wanting ressies for sept. You may want to see if there is anything there that you might want. Sadly I must say that you might as well give up on LeCellier that right now is a highly wanted ressie. My advice for you is to show up at 11.00am for lunch and see if they can seat you otherwise your chances are really thin. You may want to consider a 2TS credit meal like Brown Derby, Narcoossee's, The Hoop Dee Doo, Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1434920

Best of Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter