Need help buying a new cellphone

piratelady

are we there yet?
My 16 year old wants a new phone for Christmas and his contract is not up for renewal yet. Where can I get a good new phone on the alltel network for less than 200.00? I have searched e-bay but I'm worried about buying from a stranger not knowing if it will actually work. Does anyone have experience in this area that can share osme insight with me? I can't afford to spend my last hundred or so and get taken or he will end up with nothing this year.

This is the only thing he has asked for and of course he wants a "cool" phone. I am guessing something that gets him on the internet like a blackberry or something similar. I am brain dead when it comes to cell phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:sad2:

I'm not at all familiar with Alltell, but I think with some phones you can buy a pre-paid phone and have it activated onto your existing phone number and contract. It is probably also worth going into Alltell's store and seeing if they sell refurbished phones of the sort your son wants. Personally, I'd be wary of buying one on Ebay or Craig's List for fear of it not working once I got it...at least if you buy it at the Alltell store, they'll back it up.

If you do decide to go with new phone and new features it might be easier to bite the bullet and go for the new contract NOW rather than waiting, and then you can get the pohne at the 'discounted' contract price. I think with Verizon you can do that after one year on a two year contract...I'd suggest calling Alltell and finding out what kind of options they have to do so, it might save you a lot of $$ and :headache:

if you are looking for a great one try to search in net to save more time because in net you can choose carefully, and when you are buying cellphone always check their brand if they are china phone or any thing because a lot of fake phones distribute to any company

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter