Need advice on multiple contracts please

Bertie131

DIS Veteran
Looking to possibly add more points via resale. I currently own 160 points at AKV with a October UY. Should I look for:

Same UY?
Same resort?
Best priced contract?

Which is the first in order of importance for ease down the road when booking?
I usually travel about once a year for a week. I own at AKV but rarely stay there.I won't be getting a contract that will give me enough points for an 11 month booking option because I only want to add 40-60 points. This is more to "bulk up" my current points so I have more to use at the 7 month window. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated. I will mention that I am pretty organized so keeping everything straight doesn't concern me but I am wondering about the issue of always having to bank or borrow or transfer will affect how I can book or if I can do it pretty seamlessly. TIA!

Since you're using the points at 7 months and looking for a small amount, I would get the same UY. That way you can easily combine them with your existing 160pts without needing to transfer. Since the plan is to use them at 7 months, cheapest points is probably the way to go, although two factors I would consider is that the 7 month window seems to be increasingly harder to get reliably at certain times of year (so having the same resort would allow you to easily just book the whole trip at AKL at 11 months and change at 7 months) and different contract expiration dates (depending on your plan for how long you'd keep the contracts, you might want a second contract that is at least as long as the AKV one).

Same UY and titled EXACTLY the same will put both under the same member number.
Having the same resort will allow booking at 11 month will ALL the points at the common home resort.
Having a second resort will give you the 11 month window at 2 resort, but you can NOT combine points at 11 month.

Buying a resale contract for 40-60 points may cost you 20% more. You may want to consider a 100 point contract instead, 100 points contracts seems to be priced better.

I would buy your favorite resort direct picking the best UY for your vacation patterns. Then I would sell AKV since you don't stay there. Then I would buy additional points resale matching your direct purchase.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter