NCL Breakaway to have Fireworks

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by iloverags2, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

*sigh* It was just a matter of time before another cruise line matched one of the unique features of DCL...the fireworks show.

From NCL....
    "When our newest ship Norwegian Breakaway debuts this May, we will feature an amazing pyrotechnics display on every cruise! Building on the electrifying theme of the ship's headlining Broadway show, ROCK OF AGES, the awe-inspiring fireworks will be the grand finale of a massive 1980s-themed deck party. It will be set to a playlist of classic 1980s hits including "Come on Feel the Noise," by Quiet Riot; "Whip It," by Devo; "Cherish," by Madonna, "Final Countdown," by Europe; and "Purple Rain," by Prince. As the fireworks blast to the beat of the music, you will enjoy an experience unlike anything else offered at sea on New York's ship."

*sigh*

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

Sounds amazing. Can't wait to experience it.!! :woohoo:

4. maria-fan-22

maria-fan-22 DIS Veteran

I'd be interested to know how their launch system came into being. The reason Disney was ever able to do it was that they had a special launch system that propelled the shells with air not a lift charge. This was a Disney patented system so NCL would have to ask Disney or make their ownÂ…

Should be interesting to see how another cruise line does their fireworks. pirate:

5. luvfyrwrx

luvfyrwrx Earning My Ears

Disney offered the information about the launch system to the pyro community after they had perfected it. This was part of how the company showed that it is invested in being green.
    Not many can use it because of the extensive set up involved. The set up makes it appropriate for shows that are fired from the same spot hundreds of times. But it is too much for a one or two night show at this time. (The cost of the firing equipment at this time is also too much for most pyro companies.)
    NCL must have been told that they had to use the same technology in order to get the permits and licenses. (I think I heard somewhere that DCL had to get the okay of 5 agencies to do fireworks.) NCL is a large enough company to be willing to invest in the equipment to make it happen.

6. Rogillio

Rogillio DIS Veteran

Always a good thing when the competition is following you (not leading).

7. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

This makes me even more excited for our July cruise on Breakaway :cool1::thumbsup2:goodvibes:yay:

8. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

I think it's cool. Adds to the family friendliness of other lines. Great for families for sure.

9. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

They are pretty gutsy to say it will happen on "every" cruise. There are always weather and other issues that may cause it to be canceled. Does that mean I get a refund if they can't shoot off their fireworks?:confused3

10. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

It's also cool that Disney will always be known as the first line to do it.

11. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

Am I the only idiot that thought the ship really had the NYC skyline on the top deck? I was getting ready to book a cruise with them based on that alone. :blush: :laughing:

12. kaseyC

Do you honestly believe they don't have some type of legal disclaimer in the cruise contract? The quote above is a press release.

13. mom2aredhead

mom2aredhead DIS Veteran

Make no mistake...unless they have completely revamped it for the ship,there is absolutely nothing family friendly about "Rock of Ages"

14. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Oh I was referring to the fireworks show. I don't even know what Rock of Ages is. Interesting that they wouldn't plan something more family friendly considering its a firework show. Oh well.

15. mom2aredhead

mom2aredhead DIS Veteran

The Rock of Ages show is fun, especially if you were a teen in the 80's. But its pretty raunchy with a lot of adult language. The choice of music for the fireworks goes along with the 80's theme, but I don't know that its something that's going to attract families with little kids. They've never heard of these bands/songs lol!

16. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

That was probably posted along the lines of those who complain because DCL doesn't dock at CC on their cruise and they "paid so much" to go to CC. Yes, it is in the contract, but the majority of people do not read that contract and have no idea what is in it. They hear what they want to hear from the advertisement and expect it to happen.

17. Never to old

Never to old DIS Veteran

I will be on this ship in June. I can't wait to compare it with Disney.

18. kaseyC

Maybe they made a trade...NCL's dedicated concierge floor and sundeck concept for DCL's fireworks at sea. ;)

19. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

This ships looks amazing.

It will be our choice when we do a Bermuda cruise for sure.
    They start cruising there late summer this year.

20. quentina

quentina <font color=deeppink>The bridge has been built and

I see this as a win for me....80's music, fireworks AND, I have to assume a smaller pricetag. I am so going...

21. GoofyTwinDad

GoofyTwinDad Mouseketeer

If DCL is not sailing out of NYC in 2014, we will be pushing our OBB to 2015 and taking a cruise on the Breakaway. Looking at this ship definitely makes me think DCL is getting stiffer competition in their "market".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.