Navigating WDW in a cam walking boot?

I have done Magic Kingdom with a boot before. The cast members are very helpful in getting on/off rides. I would recommend getting a Guest assistance pass with the alternate entrance stamp so that you can by pass the lines & use the wheelchair entrances.

I am not sure the previous poster has been lately. Most of WDW is mainstreamed and there is no "disabled entrance" but those that have one, often have a much longer wait than the regular line. I know this from personal experience!! Also. CMs are not supposed to "help" guests other than slowing down or stopping the ride (whenever they can) for the gurst to get on or off.

Now the Magic Kingdom in Disneyland is different. There are more alternate entrances.

I am not sure the previous poster has been lately. Most of WDW is mainstreamed and there is no "disabled entrance" but those that have one, often have a much longer wait than the regular line. I know this from personal experience!! Also. CMs are not supposed to "help" guests other than slowing down or stopping the ride (whenever they can) for the gurst to get on or off.

Now the Magic Kingdom in Disneyland is different. There are more alternate entrances.

I was there last time in August this year. When I said they assist I meant what you said in slowing or stopping and directing to easier access. The alternate entrance stamp allows you to go through the fast pass line. The wait time depends on how many fast pass returns are there at the moment but I have found the wait time is much less than the standard lines. You are right most of the parks are mainstreamed. But I get the guest assistance pass with alternate entrance every time and never have waited more than 15 minutes for any ride.

I was there last time in August this year. When I said they assist I meant what you said in slowing or stopping and directing to easier access. The alternate entrance stamp allows you to go through the fast pass line. The wait time depends on how many fast pass returns are there at the moment but I have found the wait time is much less than the standard lines. You are right most of the parks are mainstreamed. But I get the guest assistance pass with alternate entrance every time and never have waited more than 15 minutes for any ride.

I also have the alternate entrance stamp and use an ECV. I was honest when I said that often those in an ECV must wait longer than those in the regular line. This happened many times for me when I went with extended family......and many rides don't have a fastpass line. I also cannot ride any of the mountains or any ride that applies centrifugal force--so that lets out many rides. By using fastpasses (getting them the regular way since we were a large party), my family WAS finished with several rides before me.

to the OP:

rent an ECV.

Like you, I too suffer from stress fractures. I am in a pneumatic compression boot myself, on crutches, for a tibial stress fracture.

This past summer I went to Walt Disney World on crutches for a femoral neck stress fracture (all from running). As a 30-something year old athletic (somewhat) male, I was resistant to renting an ECV.

But boy, I'm glad I did. Getting around on crutches, or even a boot I would imagine, would be a pain. The ECV was the best decision I made, it made the whole trip relaxing for myself and my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter