Nashville

Whatever you do don't stay at the Hampton...we stayed a night there for all star weekend then switched to the Omni.

Just keep your eyes peeled but rates will prob jump for Omni especially once they actually announce New Years which should be after July 4th

tarheelmjfan,
We were there in April, a beautiful time of year. Another site we visited was the Belle Meade Plantation.

I bet April is a great time to go.

Whatever you do don't stay at the Hampton...we stayed a night there for all star weekend then switched to the Omni.

Just keep your eyes peeled but rates will prob jump for Omni especially once they actually announce New Years which should be after July 4th

No worries. We're not going to switch hotels. I know you all wouldn't steer me wrong. :teeth: For curiosity, I look at all of the downtown hotels, when I do a search for Omni rates on TripAdvisor. It just shocked me, when I noticed Hampton Inn was more than Omni once. When I checked a different day, it was less. It makes no sense at all. A free breakfast definitely isn't worth that much to us.

I'll definitely keep looking for discounts or reduced rates. Regardless, we're sticking with Omni. We already have a rate we can live with.

Hello again, ladies. :wave: Since I'm not happy unless I'm planning a trip, I've starting focusing on NYE dining. :rolleyes1Josephine's 10 course meal sounds like a fun experience, but I don't know if we can fit that in with our plan to purchase Acme VIP tickets. (The NYE Bash is our top priority that night.) I'm afraid a long dinner at Josephine would get us back to downtown too late. (Unfortunately, our Ryman tickets prevent us from trying Josephine on Friday either.) Also, with it being NYE, I'm sure it will be much more expensive than normal. That's a lot of money to spend to rush the experience. If you all were staying downtown & wanted a special, NYE meal that coordinated well with the Acme, NYE experience, what would you choose? Would you go ahead and book Josephine considering the most likely, inflated price & the timing or choose something else? As I'm mentioned earlier, we're an all adult family, so romantic isn't necessary. We choose restaurants based on food quality first, but a fun &/or unique experiences is preferred. All opinions welcome. :)

Hello again, ladies. :wave: Since I'm not happy unless I'm planning a trip, I've starting focusing on NYE dining. :rolleyes1Josephine's 10 course meal sounds like a fun experience, but I don't know if we can fit that in with our plan to purchase Acme VIP tickets. (The NYE Bash is our top priority that night.) I'm afraid a long dinner at Josephine would get us back to downtown too late. (Unfortunately, our Ryman tickets prevent us from trying Josephine on Friday either.) Also, with it being NYE, I'm sure it will be much more expensive than normal. That's a lot of money to spend to rush the experience. If you all were staying downtown & wanted a special, NYE meal that coordinated well with the Acme, NYE experience, what would you choose? Would you go ahead and book Josephine considering the most likely, inflated price & the timing or choose something else? As I'm mentioned earlier, we're an all adult family, so romantic isn't necessary. We choose restaurants based on food quality first, but a fun &/or unique experiences is preferred. All opinions welcome. :)
My two favorite restaurants for downtown are Etch and The Southern. Etch is more formal but the food is unusual and good. The Southern is casual and a fun atmosphere. Very close to downtown is Husk. It is run by an award winning chef and has been excellent every time we have eaten there. Their food is southern but reinvented. Josephine and City House round out my current favorite restaurants. The chef at City House just won the James Beard award as best chef in the southeast so you know that will be excellent. I would look at their menus online and pick the food that appeals to you most. The only problem with Josephine's is that it is located further from downtown than the others I mentioned.

If they did like I found from last year, you could do the Southern for New Years Eve dinner and still make ACME.

Thanks. I'll Google Southern NYE to see if I can find out what they typically offer then. (In my research, I've found that the NYE menu/price is usually different from the rest of the year at most restaurants.)

My two favorite restaurants for downtown are Etch and The Southern. Etch is more formal but the food is unusual and good. The Southern is casual and a fun atmosphere. Very close to downtown is Husk. It is run by an award winning chef and has been excellent every time we have eaten there. Their food is southern but reinvented. Josephine and City House round out my current favorite restaurants. The chef at City House just won the James Beard award as best chef in the southeast so you know that will be excellent. I would look at their menus online and pick the food that appeals to you most. The only problem with Josephine's is that it is located further from downtown than the others I mentioned.

Thanks. What is the atmosphere like at Southern?

I'll check out Etch NYE also. It sounds both excellent & convenient. We could always go there another night, if not NYE. I'll also check out City House & Husk. We'll still have three nights to fill for dinner, if we can get Catbird Seat.

Unfortunately, the Josephine 10 course menu appears to only be available on Friday & Saturday. We already have non-dining related plans that seem to make going there on those days impossible. :(

Thanks. I'll Google Southern NYE to see if I can find out what they typically offer then. (In my research, I've found that the NYE menu/price is usually different from the rest of the year at most restaurants.)

Thanks. What is the atmosphere like at Southern?

I'll check out Etch NYE also. It sounds both excellent & convenient. We could always go there another night, if not NYE. I'll also check out City House & Husk. We'll still have three nights to fill for dinner, if we can get Catbird Seat.

Unfortunately, the Josephine 10 course menu appears to only be available on Friday & Saturday. We already have non-dining related plans that seem to make going there on those days impossible. :(
The Southern definitely has a more casual vibe than the others. The tables are close together and there are TV's around the main part of the room showing sports. They sometimes have a small bluegrass or country band set up by the door when you enter but they are not always there. Here is a photo: https://www.google.com/search?q=the...AUICCgC&biw=768&bih=928#imgrc=vgWulLx2Y0XOoM:

Both Husk and City House are very in demand restaurants so you will have to book early. We have yet to try two other upscale restaurants that are highly rated - Rolf and Daughters and Adeles. They are on our next to try list. You will need to uber or drive to any of these. Etch and the Southern are within easy walking distance. Also for upscale dining within a block or so of the Omni is The Palm and Trattoria Il Mulino. These are spin offs of restaurants in other cities, still good just not as original as the others mentioned.

What kind of rate did you get at the Omni? I checked for the last week of October and it is $489 ($566 with taxes) per night!

What kind of rate did you get at the Omni? I checked for the last week of October and it is $489 ($566 with taxes) per night!

That's about on par for Nashville hotels, especially the omni. Depending on your exact dates that may be a fairly good price.

As another poster said, that's about right for downtown Nashville hotels and could be a great rate depending on your dates.

More things should be coming in the next month...it seems last year's New Year's Eve was announced mid July.

Sounds good. I'm trying to be patient. As you can see, I'm failing miserably. :bitelip:

The Southern definitely has a more casual vibe than the others. The tables are close together and there are TV's around the main part of the room showing sports. They sometimes have a small bluegrass or country band set up by the door when you enter but they are not always there. Here is a photo: https://www.google.com/search?q=the+southern+steak+and+oyster&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=misvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixnNiavrXNAhUDUVIKHd10BUUQ_AUICCgC&biw=768&bih=928#imgrc=vgWulLx2Y0XOoM:

Both Husk and City House are very in demand restaurants so you will have to book early. We have yet to try two other upscale restaurants that are highly rated - Rolf and Daughters and Adeles. They are on our next to try list. You will need to uber or drive to any of these. Etch and the Southern are within easy walking distance. Also for upscale dining within a block or so of the Omni is The Palm and Trattoria Il Mulino. These are spin offs of restaurants in other cities, still good just not as original as the others mentioned.

Thanks for the link. My computer has been giving me problems with pictures lately. It's running excruciatingly slow. It's nice to have a written description as well as pictures.

We'll definitely try Etch. It appears to have excellent food & is convenient for us. We'll have our vehicle, but we don't like to drive, if alcohol will be involved. We're okay with taking a cab or Uber for an outstanding dining experience though. The problem is going to be narrowing the other good choices down to two. I know, not a bad problem to have. ;)
Having to work around Ryman & the NYE party may automatically narrow done our choices some. We'll see.

Our rate is $369 + tax. It would have been $349, but we have to pay for an extra adult. Our anniversary is in October, so we considered going then. We decided a Christmas/NYE trip would fit better in our schedule. At the time, October's rates were higher, but I don't remember the exact rates.

Just to take in your plans, there will be a fairly large hockey game the 29th...it shouldn't effect traffic much but bars are a whole another beast! Battle of the bands should be on the 29th too with Music City Bowl on the 30th.

Just to take in your plans, there will be a fairly large hockey game the 29th...it shouldn't effect traffic much but bars are a whole another beast! Battle of the bands should be on the 29th too with Music City Bowl on the 30th.
Oh no! I mentioned your post to DH. He said we could just go to the hotel bar, if everything was packed. So, I look up the hotel bar. The first info I find says popular with hockey fans. Looks like he needs a better plan.:laughing: Do you think we'll have a hard time finding a table at a honky tonk on the 29th & 30th? We have plans for both nights, so we wouldn't get there until 10:00 or later. Which bars downtown do you think would be most likely to have available tables?

Oh no! I mentioned your post to DH. He said we could just go to the hotel bar, if everything was packed. So, I look up the hotel bar. The first info I find says popular with hockey fans. Looks like he needs a better plan.:laughing: Do you think we'll have a hard time finding a table at a honky tonk on the 29th & 30th? We have plans for both nights, so we wouldn't get there until 10:00 or later. Which bars downtown do you think would be most likely to have available tables?
Honestly you shouldn't have much trouble because there are literally plenty of bars. Tootsies and the stage will be the most packed. Barlines shouldn't be that bad if you end up there. Paradise park/Big Bang might. Rippys might. Hockey pending no overtime would just be getting out at 10. I'm not sure on battle of bands or the game itself other then it's at 2 pm

Honestly you shouldn't have much trouble because there are literally plenty of bars. Tootsies and the stage will be the most packed. Barlines shouldn't be that bad if you end up there. Paradise park/Big Bang might. Rippys might. Hockey pending no overtime would just be getting out at 10. I'm not sure on battle of bands or the game itself other then it's at 2 pm
Thanks once again for being so patient with my many questions. :flower3:

I suppose we can wander around, until we find room in a bar we think we'll like. It's good to know Barlines should be an option. As long as they have live music that's tolerable :p we'll be good with hanging out there. From what I've read, there should be. We hope to check out most of the bars near our hotel at some point though.

Thanks once again for being so patient with my many questions. :flower3:

I suppose we can wander around, until we find room in a bar we think we'll like. It's good to know Barlines should be an option. As long as they have live music that's tolerable :p we'll be good with hanging out there. From what I've read, there should be. We hope to check out most of the bars near our hotel at some point though.

You're totally welcome!

Rippys and barlines I know have food so those should have plenty of tables to hear the music. Tin roof Broadway is another one with plenty of tables and food, plus music.

I'll check out Rippy's & Tin Roof. Tin Roof sounds promising, based on the name alone. :teeth:

We also want to take a can or Uber to Listening Room one night. I just need to find time to work it into the schedule. We need more nights! :laughing:

Tin Roof oh man their cheese dip is raved about at least at the original, I haven't tried the Broadway one.

Listening room is actually in walking distance of everything too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter